It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in God instead of Goddess?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

Is Goddess actually Ultimate Reality?

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Straight to hell with you!

The bible makes God sound man made.

That's because God/god IS man-made.

edit on 3/29/2019 by Klassified because: Oops

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I don't believe in God, I believe in Goddess. I've learned to reject the whole bible not too long ago. Why? 'Cause the writings in it seemed designed to keep you running in circles on what is what really. To a now much more mature me, it seems as though the bible is full of books of deceptive styled writings.

At least you give a reason and that is much more than most I have read about.

When you say that the bible is full of of books of deceptive writings it appears that you gave it a try and could not understand what is written in the two bibles.

The Hebrew Bible is a collection of 39 books while the Greek bible is a collection of 27 letters or books from over 5,000 manuscripts and codex's which both bibles are authored by 40 authors. This literature spans a time frame of 1,600 years and is spread across three continents. This collected literature is primarily written in three assorted languages and translated in multitudes of additional languages.

Now I don't know your age but I am over ninety years of age and have studied both bibles well over seventy years and understand very little of what i thought I knew. As a youngster I knew everthing that I thought I knew and now I know everything that I don't know. Wen I die I will not be greatly surprised to learn that I am dumb as a rock and have always known a little about nothing.

So what am i saying to you? Gather up all your goddess stuff and compare it with all the God stuff and then decide who offers the best deal. If you believe that a goddess can give you more then God can give you then go for it. When your feet start to get warm then you better rethink what you think you know. Wishing you the best.
Just my opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Is Goddess actually Ultimate Reality? Give it some much due thought.

Cause Goddess is more than likely an unconditional lover.

Night probably doesn't care about people one way or another.

Persephone brings happiness to Demeter so that She brings the crops for people. But people must plant the seeds if they want a plentiful crop. Not unconditional for people; maybe between Demeter and Persephone though.

The weaver as ultimate probably doesn't care. As weaver of human fate, people may seem as relevant individually as pieces of yarn.

Memory now, She is rather personal. You better live a life worth being proud of, or you may get to hating yourself when She does Her work. Again, not much to do with unconditional.

ETA: These are graphical/anthropomorphisms, not the reality.
edit on 29-3-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

God has no gender. In religion genders exist because humans are not whole by themselves. They need a counter part to match up with (Genesis).

God is infinite and perfect.. not separated in two. Therefore God is both genderless and simultaneously all genders possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Women is bearer(soil) of life ! Man is giver of life ( seed) Its a narrative played out in nature . Both are equal !

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The universe is so minbogglingly huge that to say definitively that there is not a god or goddess seems ludicrous. Whether such a dirtysupreme being is male or female is utterly irrelevant. a reply to: Claymation213

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
The universe is so minbogglingly huge that to say definitively that there is not a god or goddess seems ludicrous. Whether such a dirtysupreme being is male or female is utterly irrelevant. a reply to: Claymation213

So because the universe is "minbogglingly huge", that automatically equals "god"?

Or are you saying it is "minbogglingly huge", therefore we can't rule out the possibility?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I believe unconditional love is insanity. It is something the people who do not take responsibility ask of the people who take responsibility.

Emotionall manipulative people demand unconditional love because they have no self control. People deserve the mirror behavior back. If you give love you deserve love back. Karma and mirroring do not depend on gender.

The best relationship is with someone who strive for fairness for both in the relationship so both can become the best them they can be.

I am a Spirit having a human experience. My definition of god/goddess is an anointed One. Since any anointed One is connected to the Oneness. They can be called Yogi/Buddha/Messiah/Christos. They are regardless of human religions trying to describe what they are.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: ARM1968

So because the universe is "minbogglingly huge", that automatically equals "god"?

Or are you saying it is "minbogglingly huge", therefore we can't rule out the possibility?

Obviously he or she meant the latter.

"to say definitively" ... "seems ludicrous"
The qualifier "seems" should give it all away that they are sharing an opinion rather than making an absolute statement like a Sith would do.

He/she is saying it is foolish to assume you know the answer.

If you don't believe there is any kind of entity that we would refer to as a/the "God", the most you can do, logically, is inform the people who say there is for sure a God, that they have no way of actually knowing that.

What you cannot do, is tell them, or anyone else, that there definitely is not a God. That is, if you wish to remain within the parameters of logic and reason. What you could do, is tell them that you personally do not believe that such a being/entity exists. That would be fine.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Jesus said my father in heaven, not my mommy in heaven.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I remember my first wicken circle....

come on.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Even an unconditional lover will eventually make demands of her adherents, oops lovers, worshipers etc.

Here's a thought you have god inside of you, you were once gods that knew how to dance and play and create worlds. Learn to create again. Don't rely on others for affirmation or value of self worth.

Use god/gods sparingly or more frequently as the need arises.

A paternalistic father/god from the bible perpetuates male patriarchy. Nurture the female/male from within.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The Amazonians killed off the weak. Kept the strong as breeders.

You haven't been around women long enough, they look at what other women are wearing to stay ahead of the pack. This is why fashion is an addiction and earns billions.

They always try to dress in style - its a built in biological determinism. Seek out the best males for breeding the best progeny.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

God made man in his own image then created woman therefor God is a man.
I don't believe in Gods or Goddesses.

I know your secret - you are god contemplating his navel.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

But he did make an exception at the wedding of Cana

He did a quick miracle to keep the wine flowing, even though its wasn't time to "show the world"?
John 2:1-11

Mary told Jesus the wine was in short supply. Today his reply may seem curt: "Woman, what have I to do with you? My hour is not yet come."[Jn. 2:4] Neither here nor elsewhere does Jesus renounce the mother-son relationship as such, but here, as in Luke 2:49, he declares his vocational (ministerial) independence of his mother. He has an "hour" to meet, and Mary, though his mother, can neither hasten nor hinder its coming

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Why would one believe otherwise to waste ones time and energy who is to say he is human,too many assumptions

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
“God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth,” explains the Bible. This statement reveals a basic truth about God’s form, or nature​—he is a spirit. (John 4:19-24) Still, he is described in the Bible as a person, an individual. His name is Jehovah.​—Psalm 83:18.

Some Bible readers have expressed confusion regarding the nature of God. Since God is an invisible spirit, rather than a material being, why are there so many passages in the Bible that speak of God as if he had eyes, ears, nose, heart, arms, hands, fingers, and feet? Some may conclude that God has human form because the Bible says that man was created in his image. A closer look at what the Bible says can eliminate such confusion.​—Genesis 1:26.

Why human characteristics?

To help humans to understand God’s nature, Bible writers were divinely inspired to use human characteristics to refer to the Almighty. Scholars call such terms anthropomorphic, meaning “described or thought of as having a human form or human attributes.” These terms reflect the limitations of human language to describe the true God, Jehovah. The intent was to capture the essence of the heavenly and convey this in ways that humans can comprehend. This does not mean that we should take these terms literally any more than we would Biblical references to God as “the Rock,” “a sun,” or “a shield.”​—Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 84:11.

Similarly, to convey the idea that man in a limited way has qualities like those that Jehovah possesses to an absolute degree, the Bible says that man was created in God’s image. Obviously, it does not mean that humans are spirits or that God has human form.

Just as assigning human features to God is not to be understood literally, use of the masculine gender to describe God should not be taken literally. Gender distinction is unique to physical creatures and is a linguistic device that reflects the limitations of human language to capture fully the essence of Almighty God, Jehovah.

The Bible’s use of the designation “Father” helps us to understand that our Creator can be compared to a loving, protective, and caring human father. (Matthew 6:9) This does not mean that we are to view God, or even other spirit creatures in heaven, as being male or female. Gender, in the sense of sex, is not a characteristic of their nature. Interestingly, the Bible indicates that those who are called to be joint heirs with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom do not expect to retain their human gender when they are glorified as spirit sons of God. The apostle Paul reminded them that “there is neither male nor female” within their ranks when they become glorified spirit sons of God. They are also figuratively described as “the bride” of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. All of this illustrates how human features as ascribed to God​—as well as to his only-begotten Son, Jesus, and other spirit creatures—​should not be understood literally.​—Galatians 3:26, 28; Revelation 21:9; 1 John 3:1, 2.

Correctly understanding the male role, Bible writers employed the masculine gender when referring to God. They saw in man, properly fulfilling his role, an appropriate reflection of Jehovah’s loving, fatherly interest in his earthly children.​—Malachi 3:17; Matthew 5:45; Luke 11:11-13.

Although a spirit, the supreme Sovereign is never aloof, shrouded in mystery, or uncommunicative. His spirit nature is no impenetrable barrier to righthearted individuals, who want to know and appreciate his love, his power, his wisdom, and his justice, which also define his nature and are evident in creation.​—Romans 1:19-21.

God’s nature, though, may be summed up in his dominant quality, love. So outstanding is his love that he is said to personify it. (1 John 4:8) This quality encompasses other characteristics of his nature, such as mercy, forgiveness, and long-suffering. (Exodus 34:6; Psalm 103:8-14; Isaiah 55:7; Romans 5:8) Jehovah is indeed a God of love who invites us humans to draw close to him.​—John 4:23.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Can God have a thought so complex that even She can't understand it?

Of course She can. An omnipotent God means without any limitations. An omnipotent God is not bounded by the laws of logic or physics. An omnipotent God can be more than one thing at the same time.

I have argued God must be a woman because no man could create women who are so damn attractive.

<< 1   >>

join