It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If healthcare is important, shouldn't it be bi-partisan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

If we're lucky we can be like Finland.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Costs the most and your care is not very good. Getting rid of the middlemen would be a start.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sorry, can't expect a liberal to know what ideas the country was founded on I guess.

all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

It's simple logic, any right granted by man (government) can be removed by that which grants it.

If I grant you access to my house, do you get access permanently, or at my whim?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

Must be why people all the world flock here for healthcare.
edit on 1-4-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It's simple logic, any right granted by man (government) can be removed by that which grants it.

The Declaration of Independence doesn't grant or bestow rights. It acknowledge them. "Among them are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Without health, you can't have life.

edit on 1-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It declared where rights come from. I love how you always ignore questions you don't like. I'll ask again.

If I grant you the right to access to my house, do you get access permanently, or at my whim?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If I grant you the right to access to my house, do you get access permanently, or at my whim?

Neither you nor the government grant inalienable rights. Governments, according to The Declaration of Independence, are created to protect them.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Neither you nor the government grant inalienable rights. Governments, according to The Declaration of Independence, are created to protect them.

Uh, no.

The Constitution (specifically) was meant to limit the authority government has over any right.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Hahahahaha, so you say government does not grant rights, yet a page ago you were talking about the UN says healthcare is a right. That is government granting a right, which you now say they can't do. Your partisan posts are so full of unintended hilarity.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I said that earlier. The Constitution lays out when and how the US Government can violate our inalienable rights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Hahahahaha, so you say government does not grant rights, yet a page ago you were talking about the UN says healthcare is a right. That is government granting a right, which you now say they can't do. Your partisan posts are so full of unintended hilarity.

Again,human rights are not granted or bestowed, they are enumerated, acknowledged and protected.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

And you can't add and subtract. The UN adding to them is meaningless. Healthcare did not always exist, hospitals can't be an innate right.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And you can't add and subtract.

Who says? The Bill of Rights says you have the right to free speech, freedom of religion, the right to own guns and the right to secure your papers and other belonging. Are you saying those rights are invalid?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No, why would I, what in my post would lead you to make such absurd claims. Are you claiming arms did not exist prior to guns? None of those rights requires someone else to take action on your behalf using modern technology.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I said that earlier. The Constitution lays out when and how the US Government can violate our inalienable rights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really?

Can you point out in the Constitution where is does state that it can violate our rights?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The 4th and the 13th Amendment for a start.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So we lose a right by the 4th amendment saying we have protection against unreasonable search and seizure? Interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Like I said, those amendments lay out how and when the US Government can violate your rights.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: BrianFlanders

Then there are no rights. No right to food, shelter, healthcare, or anything else. I of course believe something different.

Delusions are OK. This civilization wouldn't work without them.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: BrianFlanders

Food is not man made, shelter is not man made. It exists whether we do anything or not.

I'm open to suggestions as to how a population of 7 billion people is going to survive without anything that's man made.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join