It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenland Glacier Starts Growing Again..Does It Prove Global Warming Theory A Myth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Atmospheric CO2 keeps rising but the temperature has pretty much flatlined or fallen a little in the last 50 years .

Incorrect. But your chart is somewhat dated. Here is one more current.

edit on 3/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Remember what I said about 911 ?

Your chart shows a overall temperature increase of 1.1 ° . The Gollard Space agency shows a increase of only 0.8°

If I wanted to look around I could probably find another graph that would say yours is wrong .

Then if you looked around you could find another graph that says mines wrong .

I mentioned earlier that’s one of the reasons I don’t trust any of the man-made global warming climate models.

For me there needs to be a preponderance of evidence that will shut down one side or the other .

It just ain’t there .

I still believe it’s a natural cycle.

But if I see enough evidence I could buy into the side it’s caused by humans .

To date I haven’t met one global warming enthusiast that would do the same.

Everyone I’ve met has their position etched in stone.

Which stymies any rational debate.

That leads me to believe most of the opinions are backed by emotion .

It’s like one side googles “ Proof of global warming “ and the other side googles “ Global warming is a hoax “.

There’s just no middle ground on this topic .

You wearing me out tonight. I’m going to play around a little bit before I hit the hay .

But let’s pick this up tomorrow OK ?

Edit;

Just read your last post .

See

edit on 30-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Your chart shows a overall temperature increase of 1.1 ° . The Gollard Space agency shows a increase of only 0.8°
My chart is using data from the same temperature model as yours, HadCrut4, the difference is that yours ends in 2013 and mine actually shows the past 50 years. But even yours doesn't show a "flat line" for 50 years.

Looks to me like the chart shows a change of a bit less than 0.9º, from about -0.2 to about 0.7.

Do you mean the Goddard Space Flight Center? Can you show me their temperature model?

2018 was the fourth hottest year in the modern record, part of a decades-long trend of warming. The record dates back to 1880, when it became possible to collect consistent, reliable temperatures around the planet. NASA and NOAA work together to track the temperatures, part of ongoing research into our warming planet.

svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 3/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Funny that the military fully takes this in account considering it effects their operations and bases.

Of course they do... Because in the past "climate change" has caused entire civilizations to have to move somewhere else... But the thing is...there is no proof mankind is the cause for AGW. It is a fact that in Earth's Troposphere "water vapor" accounts for 97% or more of the greenhouse effect. CO2 realistically only accounts for maybe 5%-8%.

Even during this "climate change cycle" the Earth was already warming since the early 1600s, over 250 years before the height of the industrial revolution. Which proves it is not CO2 the cause for the ongoing climate change.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That's why we all talk about Fukushima still...

Oh wait, we don't. Way to move the goal post. Are those things awful? Yes. Will they have some kind of effect on the eco system? Short term, maybe, long term highly doubtful.

There is NOT a unified view as to what's happening with "climate change" and lots of false information or outright misinformation. It seems to be a bit POLITICAL.

a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't know any other way to put it, but those who truly believe that environmental change, global warming, or man is not severely impacting the environment is delusional. The rate of change is unprecedented in Earth's history and it corresponds with the advent of the Industrial Age. A person does not to be a scientist to see the connection. It's so obvious that common sense rules.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Greenland Glacier Starts Growing Again..Does It Prove Global Warming Theory A Myth?

If the Climate Change Proponents didn't know it was going to happen, it definitely shows that their data is incomplete.

originally posted by: tabularosa
I don't know any other way to put it, but those who truly believe that environmental change, global warming, or man is not severely impacting the environment is delusional. The rate of change is unprecedented in Earth's history and it corresponds with the advent of the Industrial Age. A person does not to be a scientist to see the connection. It's so obvious that common sense rules.

The climate has been changing for the last 12,000 years. Those who don't understand this are ignoring history. The opposite of an Ice Age is a Warm Age. Humans are only exacerbating the change.
edit on 30-3-2019 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You win Phage.

But I could really use your help on a coming thread . I understand the conclusions but I’m pretty weak on the chemistry side of the theory and was hoping you could help me out .

I’m positive you’ll be interested in it.

Please send me a U2U. ( I know that you rarely answer anyone ) lol
edit on 30-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"Global warming" (i.e. climate change) is not a myth. Does a single glacier prove otherwise? Ha.. funny stuff. No.

Climate change is slow and gradual, you'll only see effects looking over decades. Here is a telling video that visually shows it is not a myth. Explain this video away, if you want to dismiss climate change.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It doesn't really matter because carbon production goes hand in hand with pollution and habitat destruction. The destruction of habitat creates a situation where resiliency becomes an issue. If we stress habitats climate change regardless of what is causing it can just snowball the habitat collapses and create mass extinction events.

It's also hilarious to use facts to fight people who use facts but speak the language.

Why are your figures any more believable?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Because climate scientists are not working on these papers for the most part. They are geologists, physicists, biologists etc..

Again show me where climate scientists with a bachelors work..
Do medical dr's start the practice after they get a bachelors?

I asked you to show me yours and you wanted me to show you mine . Lol

This is all you need to call yourself a climate scientist .

I guess I could be wrong it happens sometimes.( like when I’m talking to Phage🤦‍♂️)

So show me the college credits and degrees you need to qualify as a climate scientist . I’m sure without a doubt there are many highly educated individuals. But it’s not all of them .

www.bachelorsportal.com...

Show me a physician who operates when they get their bachelors degree?

A climate scientist with a bachelors does not lead research groups and publish papers.

You seem to be missing the point entirely.

Does a lawyer practice law with a bachelors in liberal arts?

No but many get one first.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Like ermegherd, you mean climate can change without human influence ?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They can be one of the 97% of climate scientist.

That was my point and I’m not explaining myself any further .

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yes, those were the small handful of scientists that were anointed as Priests. They've since written many passages of their new religious doctrine and they have many eager followers.

Their faith based religion is peddled as scientific and they have a simple proposition : pay us lots of money and do as we say or the world is ending.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
It proves - as anyone who knows tuppence about glaciers already knew - that air temperature alone does not dictate glacial advance and retreat.

And anyone who thinks the movement of a single glacier can be used to determine long tern regional and global temperature trends needs to have a long search at the back of their cupboard, under the bed and behind the sofa. Because they appear to have lost their brain

Exactly and the fact one side of them were growing is still being ignored so the UN's lie can continue to be bandied about in the "western gov's of the world" when the rest of them laugh at us.

It is and will continue to be the Sun and our sister Planets that affect the Earth cycles. We who would listen to the charlatans continue to be proven WRONG will wait on the brainwashed to wake the hell up.

God speed!

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

Sure. And animals have gone extinct.

Personally I think the general devastation of habitat is the real concern. When we have monocropped and devastated wildlife and disease or famine run wild our ability to rebound will be very limited.

Here you have a valid point but according to the bible of Darwinism, it is the nature of the Earth creatures to adapt or die.

Does magma that can blacken the sky's and be the source of Ice ages move more because of man made changes? NO!

Do the other major planets show some kind of event never before witnessed on their surfaces? YES!

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No you have no point. A BA in climate science does not get you into climate research.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Sure. And it's totally possible like ants we have no idea why we are doing what we are doing. Personally I think our purpose is to create AGI but its speculation.

Minimizing habitat and the rebounding of life over time are however somewhat foreseeable.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes, those were the small handful of scientists that were anointed as Priests. They've since written many passages of their new religious doctrine and they have many eager followers.

Their faith based religion is peddled as scientific and they have a simple proposition : pay us lots of money and do as we say or the world is ending.

You dont actually have any idea how this situation works.

Climate science is not something people came up with and produced by studying climate alone. The studies come from every form of science and most were done completely unrelated to "climate science".

They come from unrelated studies for instance like studying geological records. Or studies in bio chemistry..

Sort of like the Manhattan project was not using information they created. They took information available from physics and used it to create an artifact. Climate change studies are compilations of information from several disciplines of science.

And again climate science BA do not mean those people work on climate science papers without getting a PhD.

Most climate papers are produced by teams of several phd's in many disciplines using data from research in those fields.
edit on 31-3-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

First one was a joke. Come on dude give me a chuckle or something .
Lol

I watched everything I said happened from the population bomb forward I was there. We saw it on TV but more often you heard it on the radio . Back then every community college and up had at least one underground newspaper. The conspiracies spread like they do on the Internet just a lot slower until word-of-mouth took over .

I remember a news report where someone was trying to sell subdivisions in Alaska . I guess the coming Ice Age scared off potential buyers.

I guess it wouldn’t be a stretch that some people got holding the bag though .

The good news is with global warming they’ve probably doubled their money . 🤔

Just having fun now we’re probably not going to agree on GW.

My position is I have no doubt the earth is getting warmer but I doubt that man is the reason .

Cheers

If you really want to know what is happening with Alaskans and their properties and infrastructure, I suggest you read this study which points to carbon as the culprit. They may want to sell back their land to the Russians.

www.pnas.org...

Here is what the Center for Climate and Life have to say a about carbon:

Reliable access to food, water, and shelter is essential for human life. Our planet’s predicament creates an urgent need for actionable knowledge of climate impacts on these essentials, and for viable resource and carbon-management solutions.

climateandlife.columbia.edu...

More reading on Greenland for your pleasure:

blogs.ei.columbia.edu...

www.sciencemag.org...

Meanwhile at the CMC Research Institute; carbon capturing efforts:

cmcghg.com...
edit on 13CDT12America/Chicago025121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join