It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food cost, stores closing, part time jobs for both husband and wife and people now living in tents

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
You ain't looking bro. Even here in my rural ass state, you have tent communities for the homeless.

If you say so broheim.

edit on 31-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
....come on now...you can clearly see it is legal tender Canadian/Global currency...

But....you...….wont....use....it like...….legal...…..tender...…..Spock...…...because it's...…...intrinsic……...value.....is more than...…….it's...……..minted...…….value...…..dammit, use your instruments.

Listen, you obviously know this, which is why you posted above you wouldn't sell them for $5.

They are not collector coins Augie...they are Legal Tender Currency...

Yup, I'm sure everyone who buys them is paying the $5 minted value for them, right? Just a little FYI, they're going for $16+ right now.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
PTSD. Stared out fine - tons of stress - mental issues. You think living on the streets is easy? There are also things called psychotic breaks - someone going along just fine, something pushes them past their limit and they crack. When the event is over, they return to normal. The courts call it temporary insanity but it gets a bad rap by people who try to use it as an excuse for criminal behavior.

Yes, mental illness does work that way.

So now you shift the goal posts from 'people losing their job causes mental illness' to all of this. Nice work. Shift them a little more in your next reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

PTSD. Stared out fine - tons of stress - mental issues. You think living on the streets is easy? There are also things called psychotic breaks - someone going along just fine, something pushes them past their limit and they crack. When the event is over, they return to normal. The courts call it temporary insanity but it gets a bad rap by people who try to use it as an excuse for criminal behavior.

Yes, mental illness does work that way.

So now you shift the goal posts from 'people losing their job causes mental illness' to all of this. Nice work. Shift them a little more in your next reply.

When did I say anything about people losing their jobs? Nice straw man...

I said stress - which comes in multitudinous forms and is often unique to the sufferer. What pushes some over the edge only motivates others. Think about it. Most people diagnosed with some kind of disorder don't know they have one until they get stressed to the point that they voluntarily go for therapy. I agree there are some disorders that are purely chemical in nature that a person has no control over and not related to situational conditions. And I further agree that some of those people are homeless. But the majority of homeless do not belong in that category.

Everyone has different stressors and different ways to react to them. Some people lose sleep. Go without sleep for a week and you start hallucinating. You may see the walls bleeding but you don't have a mental illness - you have sleep deprivation induced hallucinations due to unchecked stress.

There are so many variations on this theme it is pointless to try to delineate them here. Suffice it to say that lumping them all together into one category of mental illness is disingenuous.

I have not moved any goal posts. I just scored while you were blinded by your tunnel vision. Typically I agree with your posts on most every subject. On this one I am afraid you are woefully uninformed. Lumping the majority of homeless in to one category of mental illness just isn't true. As I said earlier, there are plenty of homeless people working multiple jobs and still living out of their cars due to insufficient income to afford housing. They aren't mentally ill, but working multiple jobs and never being able to afford to move out of your car could easily push some people past their limits.
edit on 31-3-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

there are "tent cities" here in portland oregon.
homelessness is a real problem. no matter how much i think about the situation, i have no idea what the solution is.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Why anyone would vote Republican is beyond me. We need decent wages and safety nets that our grandparents had. Most European countries have them.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

When did I say anything about people losing their jobs? Nice straw man...

When you interjected yourself into the conversation we were having it was regarding people losing their jobs.

edit on 31-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
there are "tent cities" here in portland oregon.

I addressed that city earlier.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Augie its been hard for you lately...it almost seems like you are being ganged up on....constantly and consistently.....maybe you ought to do an internal audit to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Maybe you have just been figured out who knows.

You were wrong, all the squirming in the world you wish to do like your weak-kneed "but would you sell it to me at a loss today" is hogwash....simply because when your fiat 5 dollar bill is useless my five dollar silver coin will still buy me a loaf of bread at one place and also carry a one ounce silver bullion value at another place.....your paper money will barely wipe your skinny starving arse.

Its not even fun saying you are wrong yet again….I am worried about you....its like you are slipping a bit....maybe you should take a break from the interwebs for a while and recharge your batteries.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

....simply because when your fiat 5 dollar bill is useless...

I guess you can restart this thread when my $5 bill is useless, because right now I can use it to buy your goofy collector coin since you're going to sell me that thing for its face value, being the savvy investor that you are.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

what "safety nets" did our grandparents have that we do not? Be specific. and as far as living wage, are you saying there should be no profit in business? cause why would anyone start a business if they can make no money.
Raise the wage, Great then the cost of the product goes up, and then it costs more so you need a higher wage to buy it.

You don't see how raising wages increases the cost? why do you not see that?

Do you think all business should be non profit? only break even?

I'm fairly certain I wont get a reply.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Prices now are going up like 3 to 8% on goods here. In April that is when the prices all go up.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Augie its been hard for you lately...it almost seems like you are being ganged up on....constantly and consistently.....maybe you ought to do an internal audit to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Maybe you have just been figured out who knows.

You were wrong, all the squirming in the world you wish to do like your weak-kneed "but would you sell it to me at a loss today" is hogwash....simply because when your fiat 5 dollar bill is useless my five dollar silver coin will still buy me a loaf of bread at one place and also carry a one ounce silver bullion value at another place.....your paper money will barely wipe your skinny starving arse.

Its not even fun saying you are wrong yet again….I am worried about you....its like you are slipping a bit....maybe you should take a break from the interwebs for a while and recharge your batteries.

No offense, but are you a complete idiot? Your preshus $5 Silver Leaf coin's legal value is still legally valued at just $5 as legal tender.

If you're gong to argue intrinsic value (value minus the market value) then it's very subjective in a real-life exchange. I have an certed Atocha Piece of Eight worth much more in intrinsic value than that ounce of yours.

Aside from that, what do you think is going to have more value in a desolation situation? A large hunk of metal, or once already parsed out in smaller trade-friendly amounts? Beyond that, your market value you're so smug about evaporates when it boils down to metal trading in place of fixed currencies -- you think inflation is bad now? Watch your $5 loaf of Silver Leaf bread turn into $50 when everybody else gets metal-greedy.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

food for thought: the lottery is taking millions of dollars away from the economy, I know, i see it even in this country. get rid of the lotteries and the economy will rebound , slowly, but it will rebound

The real reason wealth is not there is because wealth disparity between the rich and the poor is greater than it has ever been. The reason for this is because most of the money is in off shore bank account and is tax exempt.

The lotto money is simply crumbs on the table.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Prices now are going up like 3 to 8% on goods here. In April that is when the prices all go up.

Is April the start of the new financial year in Japan?

It is in the UK, tax allowances often go up on the first Monday in April, new budgets for all government departments, rents increase (usually) and pay rises for all state employees and many private or charity/non-profit sectors are the norm. New tax rates/allowances begin and anything (state benefits/allowances) that has not been frozen or capped, show inflationary/consumer price index linked uplifts. National Minimum Wage increased by nearly 5% this week and the power and utility companies have announced similar price increases!

It is as if all the profiteers out there have calculated just how much additional disposable income buyers would have and have resolved to relieve them of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You been to LA lately ?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
You been to LA lately ?

Yeah.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join