It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S.: Terrorists in Syria Bombed Tel Aviv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The U.S. government today blamed the recent car bombing in Tel Aviv on terrorists based in Syria. A White House spokesman stated "We do have firm evidence that the bombing in Tel Aviv was not only authorized by Palestinian Islamic Jihad leaders in Damascus, but that Islamic Jihad leaders in Damascus participated in the planning" This makes the firmest pressure on Syria since the bombing and the U.S. renewed its call for Syria to pull out of Lebanon both politically and militarily.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - The Bush administration on Tuesday blamed terrorists based in Syria for last week's deadly suicide attack in Israel and called for an immediate end to Syrian military and political domination over neighboring Lebanon.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice applied the strongest American pressure on the Syrians to date, saying at an international conference in London that they were "out of step" in the Middle East and there was growing international resolve against them.

In Washington, White House press secretary Scott McClellan said, "We do have firm evidence that the bombing in Tel Aviv was not only authorized by Palestinian Islamic Jihad leaders in Damascus, but that Islamic Jihad leaders in Damascus participated in the planning."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its not surprising that the blame is heading in that direction. Either this is one of the better false flag operation that we have seen in a while, or Syria has really overplayed thier hand in the region. Its very puzzling as to why they would do this. I cannot think of any positive outcome for running this operation even if it was not traced back to them. Add to that the killing of the former Lebanese Prime Minister, it becomes a story worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I might be way out in left Field here...........but is it possible that Bin Laden and Zarquari terrorist organisations are attempting to pull the US into more Military conflict to achieve economic strains or hatred towards us? And somehow managed to black mail Syria?

They don't really care about countries, as long as they can take pap shots at us. Could they possibly have orchestrated a bombing like this attempting to draw the US into war with Syria??? Is it plausible??

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Mr. Carb, I doubt it, because my perception is that Syria is one of the few allies Bin Laden and the others have left. There have been reports of terrorist training camps in Syria, its use as a waypoint/staging area, etc. Pulling the US into a Syrian conflict would lose them great assets: lots of land, safe refuge, and above all, the resources of a national government, both overt and covert.

I'll admit its a strong possibility the "blame game" is being orchestrated, but without being on the inside its very difficult to know.

In any event: the pressure ratchets up, day by day, the vise squeezes, the noose tightens, etc., etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is this kind of like how Iraq was full of weapons of mass destruction ?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
except the palestinians said it was syria too as did israel plus hamas and hizbollah both denied it was them.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by namehere]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oh crap....we're going to do this all over again aren't we? And no one's going to do a damn thing to stop it. Fine...won't be my guts getting blown all over the Syrian (then Iranian) desert.

top topics

join