It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man says Hampton Inn boss blamed his divorce on demons, tried to force exorcism on him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

An eastern Kentucky man has filed a lawsuit against Hampton Inn and his boss after he says he was punished for not undergoing an exorcism.

So apparently this front desk clerk at the motel was going through a divorce. His boss decided he must have demons and demanded he get an exorcism. After failing to comply his boss kept changing his schedule and having her church people come and confront him at the front desk while on the job, harassing him until he finally quit.

Fields accuses Lindon of punishing him for not participating in the questionnaire and exorcism by changing his shift and bringing in people from her ministry to pray for him while he was working. This would happen in front of the guests. This would lead Fields to quit his job.

Full Article

So I just had to know if this was a one of a kind sort of situation, or could things like this happen more often than we think? I did a search and was not disappointed!

A Pennsylvania electronics company forced its female employee to participate in a “pagan ritual” to exorcise demons from the workplace. That’s not all, the accused “demon” employee was also forced to endure unwanted sexual advances from her boss, in addition to demeaning comments about gender and Native American heritage.

Full Article

So even though it seems like this kind of thing only happens in movies it is actually happening out in the real world. Pretty sure that forcing religion on employees in the workplace is illegal as heck :

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a watershed moment for social justice in America, especially when it came to employment. Title VII of the Act made it illegal for businesses to discriminate based on "race, color, religion, sex or national origin." Some 45 years later, the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 further strengthened workplace rights, prohibiting wage discrimination against women and minorities. Among other federal laws that protect against workplace inequality are the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, which applies to workers 40 years and older, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or ADA.

Needless to say while I am a religious person I will be rooting for the plaintiffs in these particular lawsuits!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would've said sure, but i'm being paid overtime for it. I've sat through krishna bull# for a free dinner. I'll sit through an exorcism for overtime pay.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"Come for the room, stay for the exorcism..."

Hampton Inn's....your number one choice in hospitality/exorcisms.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I woulda played along and acted like a possessed motherf#, filmed it, and submitted it as evidence in divorce court as a sort of insanity defense against whatever bulls# she's trying to pull on him.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I would've said sure, but i'm being paid overtime for it. I've sat through krishna bull# for a free dinner. I'll sit through an exorcism for overtime pay.

LoL that was my immediate thought too...........

Fk it, if im gettin paid, I can milk this shtip for at least a few hours a day over the next week lol........

Good lord.......its these batsnips that give christians a bad name........

Im a Christian and even I would have been mumbling in demonic tongue and freaking them out every time they showed up........

edit on 3/28/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

What I'm always saying. . . . .

"Never work for Muggles."
-DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Do Christians generally believe in demons?

If you don’t, why not?

The Bible clearly says they exist. Even in the New Testament, Jesus is said to purge many demons from people and animals alike? So if you believe in Jesus because the Bible says it’s so, why wouldn’t you believe in demons and exorcism?
edit on 28-3-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

And if you don’t believe in the stories about Jesus, should you be calling yourself a Christian?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What I'm always saying. . . . .

"Never work for Muggles."
-DBCowboy

Danged Mudbloods will be the ruin of us all!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Do Christians generally believe in demons?

If you don’t, why not?

The Bible clearly says they exist. Even in the New Testament, Jesus is said to purge many demons from people and animals alike? So if you believe in Jesus because the Bible says it’s so, why wouldn’t you believe in demons and exorcism?

And if you don’t believe in the stories about Jesus, should you be calling yourself a Christian?

Firstly, I never said I was Christian but only that I am religious- however I do believe in demons. Being religious does not automatically mean that you are a Christian and I made no mention of which religion I adhere to. Just because someone is getting divorced DOES NOT mean that the person in question is inhabited by demons- although some Christian sects adhere to the belief that if you commit ANY kind of "sin" then it must automatically be assumed that the "sinner" is inhabited by demons. Man does not need to be inhabited by demons in order to break any of the commandments- we are quite capable of rebellion without any sort of demonic influence! Also I believe that forcing your religious beliefs in the workplace is expressly forbidden by law and the guy was clearly being harassed in the workplace by his superior, and that is a huge no-no!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So..... you believe in demons? Why?

If you do you believe in demons, like real demons, shouldn’t that supersede any other laws? Like you’re going to follow laws instead of fighting demons?

If you really believe in demons, you’re just gonna let them possess people because You don’t want to infringe on peoples rights? If you really believe in demons, shouldn’t you be out saving people from #ing demons? Like demons aren’t infringing on peoples rights?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Due to a long ago incident that is very personal to me and is really no one's business but my own, but I will say that ever since that time any news article that mentions demons or exorcism peaks my curiosity.

If you do you believe in demons, like real demons, shouldn’t that supersede any other laws? Like you’re going to follow laws instead of fighting demons?

If you believe what the Bible says why argue?

The Bible speaks decisively to this issue. Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

edit on 28-3-2019 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Due to a long ago incident that is very personal to me and is really no one's business but my own, but I will say that ever since that time any news article that mentions demons or exorcism peaks my curiosity.
so you think demons are possessing people, but it’s nobody’s business but yours?

I’ll tell you right now, but if I thought demons were real, I would make it a #ing priority to prove that #, and fight them. But you’re just gonna keep it to yourself because it’s nobody’s business? Wtf kinda person are you?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

so you think demons are possessing people, but it’s nobody’s business but yours?

I’ll tell you right now, but if I thought demons were real, I would make it a #ing priority to prove that #, and fight them. But you’re just gonna keep it to yourself because it’s nobody’s business? Wtf kinda person are you?

Someone who doesn't have anything to prove to you!
Good evening sir/madam

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Good evening sir/madam

You are a person who believes in demons, but you’re not warning everybody? That makes you a person who protects demons, at least in your mind. You’re on the side of demons.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Good evening sir/madam
At least tell me what it is about Christianity that turns you off?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Good evening sir/madam
Let’s pretend that you have convinced me that demons are real. How does one battle a demon? How did you get rid of yours? Why should I believe that you’re not still possessed? You are obviously protecting demons, or at least you’re not screaming it from the rooftops. If I thought there was a killer in my neighborhood, and I wasn’t telling people, Doesn’t that make me accountable in someway? Wouldn’t demons be like 1 billion times worse than your average murderer?

edit on 29-3-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I guess they don't serve Pea Soup at this Hampton Inn?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Lmao !
That's my hometown and there are some serious whackjob religious folks down there.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

No, it's not part of their free breakfast offerings like the reconstituted eggs and canned fruit salad.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm fairly certain it would present a head spinning liability that wouldn't be covered by their insurance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join