It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Reporters BANNED From Covering Event For Black Mayoral Candidates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

**sigh** I guess you're right.

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I could even get it if they wanted an event closed to the press in general -- a true strategy meeting.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well, I honestly think their misguided approach was intended, at its heart, to prevent the very thing they created.

In their meeting, they wanted to talk about which black mayoral candidate from their largely black community should be selected to run as mayor. That was the intended discussion (right or wrong), and they assumed (wrongly) that, by letting white reporters into the meeting, the white reporters would only report on the discussion along racial lines whereas black reporters would not. What they didn't realize (incomprehensibly) is, by posting the restriction they would create the very story line in the media they were hoping to prevent.

ETA - I will find the door now.

edit on 3/29/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yeah their toxic, divisive ‘social justice’ rhetoric is causing serious problems. A LOT of people have basically downloaded those talking points, anger, etc, and are often acting based on it.

I’ve seen first hand people act in a biased and inappropriate manner, invoking such ideology as they do so.
a reply to: Artemis12

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Black americans were refused alot of things from way back, going into the 1960's! I think some black Americans today want some kind of justice for that period and are doing just that.

It may be wrong but I guess they feel some kind of retribution is in order and they are taking it out on the white americans living today, whether this will escalate is anyone's guess, although with the white population outnumbering the blacks population, I can't see it escalating too much further... I dunno. A race war is a possibility if these types of events aren't nipped in the bud!

Once again, you can't blame the whites of today for what happened over 60 years ago and beyond, just like you can't blame all blacks for what's happening today.

I would like to know if what we see on TV is a true representation of life in the USA? Meaning all the tv series and films showing that there are loads of mixed couples out there? I live in England where there are quite a lot of mixed couples today. Is it the same over in the USA?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

But do you have to be black to represent a majority black community properly with their best interest in mind? Is there something a black person has that a white person does not that would better qualify them? Same can be asked of the reporters...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The problem is the democrats. Democrats were the ones who held blacks down for so long and fought against integration for so long and lynched so many people just for being black. Now democrats are barring whites from meetings, graduations, graduation after parties, groups, clubs, protests, etc etc.

You'd be hard pressed to find one black Republican group doing this or identifying by color.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I could even get it if they wanted an event closed to the press in general -- a true strategy meeting.

That was the point I was trying to get across. The press are there to report, not get involved.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

ok, cheers for the explanation regarding the democrats!

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well, probably because they didn't want discussion like some in this thread distracting the meeting. Look at it this way...

none of that matters, racism is racism.

Baring anyone of a particular race from discussion of a possible elected official, should automatically disqualify all that attended.

Its racism, when white people do it it us, its racism, when black people do it to whites its racism, when any pigment of skin does this to any other pigment of skin its racism.

Full stop.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Black americans were refused alot of things from way back, going into the 1960's! I think some black Americans today want some kind of justice for that period and are doing just that.

I know you werent talking to me, but again, as a black man, please dont speak for us, its really irritating and insulting when people attempt to soap box for us and tell us what we should , or shouldnt be outraged about.

Yeah bad things happened even up to the 60s. But this is 2020 and this shouldnt be happening at all, and neither should there be any excuses for it.
edit on 29-3-2019 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

But do you have to be black to represent a majority black community properly with their best interest in mind? Is there something a black person has that a white person does not that would better qualify them? Same can be asked of the reporters...

I wouldn't think so, but a lot of people do.

To me, something that is "people positive" is people positive no matter who that "people" is ... is you catch my drift. Something that creates jobs, increases opportunities for prosperity, strengthens families, opens up educational freedoms, etc., is going to be good for anyone of any community no matter what their ethnic identity is.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So progressive, that segregation is back.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why don't we just do what the Democrats do. Ban any word they don't like that offends pretty much anyone. Why don't we ban the word "White" and then they can't blame everything under the sun on us, and the race wars are over. If you can't blame anyone, then no one is to blame...and then the black people that are always crying about being slaves (which don't even have a clue what slavery is because they never were one) will have to take responsibility for their own cultural mistakes and actions. Most black people are just like white people. They live in the here and now, but the ones that are always crying like entitled babies and always asking for "reparations" don't deserve jack. They didn't suffer, they weren't slaves, never knew anyone that was a slave and they will not get rewarded for what people from another time went through, simply because they are the same color. Under those rules, I as a white male, should be wealthy and famous...because some white people are.

Or what about what is happening in South Africa right now where Whites are being exterminated by black people....where are MY reparations? Not willing to work with me on that one? I didn't think so....because those wanting reparations are nothing but selfish children. They're never going to get those reparations and btw..what is the amount of reparations exactly, before they stop asking? Has anyone ever given a final monetary amount, or are they going to be irritating us perpetually with this crap, until THEY are the wealthy ones and we have nothing left to give? Screw that. You get nothing from me. Not even sympathy. Dig up those slaves that actually had to suffer, and I will reward them.

Ban the word White and then those children will have nothing to complain about but their own failures in life, and will have no one to blame but themselves. If I seem a bit crass....sorry that I'm not sorry. I am sick of hearing these whiny entitled children b!tch and complain about something they didn't even endure. In essence, just stfu.
edit on 29-3-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes that was kind of my point...the literal definition of racist!

Webster's defines it as...
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

So simple even children can understand it...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

-George Santayana

"Blacks are inferior" is no different than "This is social justice". They both are designed to belittle and dehumanize a group of people. As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sick of racism only being racism if a white person does it. These Democrats and their racial tensions manipulation are going to regret it one day when there's widespread race riots.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is to laugh really, that the ones pushing all the PC crap can't join in on all the equality. I might be generalizing but hey, that a good way to lose voters.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm completely fine with black people who want to associate with their own kind in their own way for their own purpose. To each their own, live and let live. This is fine, as long as I am given the same courtesy. Otherwise this is discrimination.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

As I told many lefty pal of mine all through the 1990's - keep calling a certain group of people racist no matter what they do or say for long enough - eventually they will just go, "well I guess if I am racist no matter what, I may as well actually be racist."

I certainly hope that isn't the case overall, but it will not surprise me if it boils down to that.

It's like the DNC has been channeling CHarles Mansons views on black people all along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join