It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Reporters BANNED From Covering Event For Black Mayoral Candidates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If I was a non-black reporter down there I think I'd rally my fellow reporters and file a discrimination suit against the good reverend, the church, the Trigon Group and the mayoral candidates in attendance. The suit probably wouldn't get anywhere in the court system but I would make sure that this racist atrocity got front page news! Good luck battling the court of public opinion prospective mayors!

Thats a damn good idea, and honestly I have no idea why no one did that, or at least has come forward yet.......other than the fact that people are so brow beaten with being a racist if your white, they just dont even want to bother with it.....

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If this was an event conducted by a Reverend in a church, then maybe their religion prohibits giving a service in the presence of white reporters. Sort of like not baking them a wedding cake because of their religious convictions.
edit on 28-3-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Imagine of it were the other way around

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Aren't churches supposed to be apolitical? Take away their tax-exempt status if they're going to pull this bullsnip.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Im a black man

In fact, a black doctor, neither should make a difference, other than the fact this infuriates me

First of all imagine if I were to only allow blacks into my practice.

What if I decided nope, im only going to help black people, sorry , because of my race and past issues this is what im going to do.

I would be in violation of my Hippocratic Oath and be ruined as a practice.

Much like each of these people are in violation, just by participating in what they are doing, of THEIR oath to serve and protect the people.

Each of these individuals regardless of race and color are bound by their Mayoral Oath, whether they are previous Mayors or not, and this exhibition violates all of that.

None of them should be eligible, at this point, because they all violated it by aligning race over duty.

I wish I could be there to protest and remind them of this.

Stop trying to hold us down with stupidity.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There's an albino black man here in my town. I wonder if he'd be allowed in. Is it melatonin or ethnicity?
edit on 29-3-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well, to be fair...as I always try to be objective...there's a little more to this story than meets the eye at first glance.

First, this wasn't really a campaign rally, and the meeting was actually set up by Trigon Group (a polling consultant). Williams is indeed the pastor of the baptist church where this took place and also a Trigon member. Williams as the pastor of the church (and member of Trigon) probably just offered a convenient venue for the meeting.

There are actually two black candidates running (among others) from the same community. The purpose of the meeting was to select only one of these two candidates to represent their largely black community. The idea was to have one of the candidates step down and support the other. This, at Trigon's behest with the thinking that by supporting two candidates it divided the total votes resulting in less overall votes for each individually. So the 'meeting' was really a strategy session between two candidates wherein they would discuss their respective merits with selected members of their constituents to decide which one was best.

**shrug** This is one story I don't think I'm going to get too worked up over. They are welcome to do whatever they think will work for them.
edit on 3/29/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I see your point but I still don't understand why white reporters weren't allowed in.

Freedom of the press?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
If this was an event conducted by a Reverend in a church, then maybe their religion prohibits giving a service in the presence of white reporters. Sort of like not baking them a wedding cake because of their religious convictions.

Yes indeed. The religion of hate is like that. It is love that is forgiving and kind. Love is not hateful at least we can all agree.

In your example, the wedding cake wasn't hate, it was "please don't make me a participant, said the Baker". The Baker was not the bad guy nor were the people wanting the cake. That falls on the scum bag lawyer class. The scholarly class of lawyers will have to reel this in. I think there are some still.
edit on 29-3-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Well, probably because they didn't want discussion like some in this thread distracting the meeting.

Look at it this way...

If a Jewish church decided to hold a meeting with two local Jewish mayoral candidates to decide which one should represent the local Jewish community and only allowed Jewish church members to attend said meeting, would it be any different? (Yes, I'm taking a little liberty with this example).

I definitely think they framed this meeting badly, and could have accomplished the same thing without making the racial distinction...and I suspect they realize this now (but hindsight is 20/20).

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
Im a black man

In fact, a black doctor, neither should make a difference, other than the fact this infuriates me

First of all imagine if I were to only allow blacks into my practice.

What if I decided nope, im only going to help black people, sorry , because of my race and past issues this is what im going to do.

I would be in violation of my Hippocratic Oath and be ruined as a practice.

Much like each of these people are in violation, just by participating in what they are doing, of THEIR oath to serve and protect the people.

Each of these individuals regardless of race and color are bound by their Mayoral Oath, whether they are previous Mayors or not, and this exhibition violates all of that.

None of them should be eligible, at this point, because they all violated it by aligning race over duty.

I wish I could be there to protest and remind them of this.

Stop trying to hold us down with stupidity.

We will always rally around people who understand we all sink or swim together and some ideas defy common sense are to be challenged. I never mind colors of skin when I hang out with people. I do mind their attitudes and promote kindness and honesty.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

First, I applaud your candor and honesty (not to mention your contribution to society).

Generally, I would say I agree with your comment about 'aligning race over duty', but I'm not so sure that is what happened here.

I live in a very rural agricultural (and livestock) oriented community. The overwhelming majority of the people who live here are involved in agriculture or livestock. If I were to run for an elected office (something I actually do contemplate) and there was another equally strong candidate running for my same position, and both of us were very popular (vote wise), it would make sense to have only one of us represent our community. Now, I think I'm the best candidate, and my lead competitor thinks he's the best candidate too, but we're not the only ones running. In addition to us, we have some candidates running who don't have the interests of the community in mind.

So, in order to ensure the best interests of the community are served, it would make sense to call upon members of the agriculture and livestock communities to participate in a meeting to decide which one of us should represent the community. Else, votes would be split...possibly in favor of a candidate who did not represent the interests of the community.

It's almost like a Primary Election of sorts.

I think this is more akin to what happened in this instance.

ETA - Incidentally, we have the exact scenario I've described playing out where we live. We are constantly seeing city values creeping into our rural communities trying to turn them into 'urban sprawl', and by extension, parts of the city. They're not interested in agriculture or livestock, and actively want to legislate against these things. All they want is a "house in the country". They want to turn some of these communities into communities like Boulder where there's a dope shop every other block, and they support taxation of cow farts.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why do you need to make a point to condemn white nationalists (I'm sorry but they are who again? ANd where? And doing what? Cause I've never meet one, like a boogie man)

The thread is about how in Atlanta Georgia. A group of people aren't allowing Anyone outside of their ethnicity to be involved in POLITICS. Why is it we all need to display how we aren't racist and then condem others on their racism.

The conversation needs to be why can't we agree what racism is anymore as a society ?
Arguments are made it's impossible to be racist if you don't hold "power". The minds have already been poisoned and will only dig in their position further. Equality HA! They don't want it they have it and reject it.

I for one wish for a society that doesn't need to discuss race, BECAUSE WE ALL DONT CARE BECAUSE WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

We all have the same HUMAN experience, don't tell me I don't know what it's like to be black Hispanic Asian white or anything else. Is breathing harder? Do pants not work? Do all people treat other people #ty?

Stop virtue signaling it doesn't help anything but label you as a cuck.

a reply to: gpols

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, probably because they didn't want discussion like some in this thread distracting the meeting.

Look at it this way...

If a Jewish church decided to hold a meeting with two local Jewish mayoral candidates to decide which one should represent the local Jewish community and only allowed Jewish church members to attend said meeting, would it be any different? (Yes, I'm taking a little liberty with this example).

I definitely think they framed this meeting badly, and could have accomplished the same thing without making the racial distinction...and I suspect they realize this now (but hindsight is 20/20).

I'm not talking about members. I'm talking about reporters.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I get it. It was just an example.

And yes, the event was conducted in very bad form. Like I noted, it could/should have been handled much differently. No argument there at all.

I "think" I understand what they were trying to accomplish, but they went about it the wrong way.

If they were trying to make a statement, then they chose the wrong statement to make...and stepped in "it" as a result. However, if they were trying to accomplish what I think they were trying to accomplish they bumped their collective heads with the approach.

To me, the bigger story here is the "story", not the actual event. This "story" is all over the media this morning. So there you have it. If that was their goal, then shame on them. If their goal was to fan the flames of racism, well, then they succeeded. However, what they succeeded at was only diminishing the credibility of their goal of racial equality.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

All of that is fine, and I understand the stategic thinking there, but it doesn't explain why you don't allow white reporters in unless you think they're the enemy in some way. Do they think that if the white candidates find out the blacks are doing this all the white candidates but one will drop out and just support that one white candidate because naturally all us white folks vote as a block like they're hoping blacks will based on skin color?

They'd have to daft not to have realized we don't exactly work that way.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Think back to the mid 60's and how the democrats acted then, and then think about the way they act today. They haven't changed one single iota in their racist ideology.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Democrats are complete hypocrites, I see it time and time again. They say we, Republicans are racist, against women's rights, we don't illegals in our country, well inky they want it, and so on. So whatever they say we are, is truly what they stand for. Just reverse whatever they say, and you will see a true Democrat.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

But really, think about it... If they're only letting blacks into this event, what's really being preached to all the people inside there? Is it even about what the next Mayor will do to make the city better? The other 2 black candidates attended as well, to stop the white incumbent Mayor from winning. This is dangerous.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

**sigh** I guess you're right.

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join