It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with YT suggestions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am completely baffled by this. The suggested videos that are usually to the right of a video playing on youtube are missing. I didn't know if it was just for me or if it was on the site's side of it.

Then one video I watched had the suggestions there and I thought it must have been a glitch that was fixed. Then another video didn't have it. So I kept going to other videos (from my own subscriptions, since there were no suggested ones to click on), and they were gone again. Had one window open playing the video that had the suggestions, while searching to see what was going on in another window. So the video was playing in the background and autoplayed to the next one, which also had suggested videos.

I then realized that what those two channels have in common is they are both funded by governments. RT is Russia and VOA is U.S. and I wouldn't have even known that if it didn't say it on the bottom of the video. So to check out the theory, I went to U.S. Department of State yt channel, but it doesn't say funded by U.S. government. I'm thoroughly confused.

So.... I just wanted to open it up here to see what others said.

Oh also, on reddit people are sharing their experiences too. But so far I haven't seen anyone make the connection with the government things.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

I noticed that this morning too.

Was very irritating.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Im in Canada and I see the up next video on the right, then a column of videos below that.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Why do you think it seemed to have something to do with government funding on those channels? At least for me. Also, checked on my phone and it's occurring on there, too.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have not experienced this with YT today. Suggestions have been to the right of every video I've played today.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Recently a bunch of pedophiles started making terrible commits on videos involving children.

Check out the hashtag #youtubewakeup.

It didn't help that youtubes algorithms were so good that they helped the pedos find videos about kids.

So youtube scrubbed over 400 videos commits sections and are in the process of fixing their algorithms.

Give it a few more months and the suggestions should be back and working better.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
This doesn't make sense to me. If it was a broad thing that yt did that caused this, then why do some people still see them and some don't? Also, some people have stated that it's like that on one device, but not another... etc.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It wasn't that broad.

From what I understand it what they are doing is affecting different parts of youtube in different ways.

But I'm not 100% certain that is your issue but it is something big that recently forced youtube to change some things so I think it's a good guess.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Could it possibly be due to the EU Article 13 thing that was just passed? Maybe yt needed to do something due to that. I don't know... I know very little about how these things work.
edit on 28-3-2019 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Maybe, but only if you live in the eu.

top topics

join