It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intel Committee Republicans Unanimously Ask Schiff to Step Down as Chairman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Do you believe that Newt Gingrich should be charged with treason? I mean he also tried to overthrow a President.

Just exactly what does that have to do with this thread?

Try to stick to the subject at hand,

Typical deflection. But, but, but Newt, Seriously?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: vinifalou

Yeah he went nuts on fisa violations

As everyone should've.

wrote a meaningless memo,..

And that's probably like, just your opinion, man.

a day after he led a vote to expand and renew the program without debate(which was being brought up by Amash)

Now he has a frivalous lawsuit against Twitter after calling out frivalous lawsuits weeks before.

Also I am old school. If the two ranking members can't agree and need to talk to cameras every day maybe they suck at leadership and some other can try and get the votes needed to make progress for everyone not just their party.

Now see, I don't want to make this a partisan issue but when you have an opposition chairman such as Schiff, there's no much room left to do your job. We now know there were some Democrats working AGAINST America's best interest. They were deliberately fabricating and spreading false stories and obstructing the investigations.

If you think Nunes hasn't done a good job in helping exposing the corruption in DC, maybe you're complicit with it?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Sorry, I forgot we were at war with Russia.

Also, I don't think the courts use dictionaries as law.... I think they use laws.

Also, yes, charge the guy with the highest crime of the country and sentence him to death for getting prank phone called.

Sounds neat.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: luthier

was there no FISA abuse? not sure if you are aware, but a few low end PPL are looking into it. Probably nothing though.

Uh FISA is ABUSE. No way around it. Bush and Obama greatly violated the 4th amendment with the aid of Congress. Which means a majority of Republicans and Democrats support the abuse of the 4th amendment.

Nunes literally cancelled a debate on fisa as they also did in the Senate when rand Paul (like Amash in the house) tried to debate the program.

What they will find is Congress passed laws that violate the ethics and 3 presidents have signed their verification.

Now you tell me who will investigate that other than on fox news like Devin does. Who is literally the guy leading votes for more "treason" as some like to say...FISA is not constitutional regardless of how it is voted in SCOTUS. Obama was sued for wiretapping phones early into his term. Scotus said go for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I did. It was sad. Very sad. He looked like a kid who just failed his biggest test in 3rd grade and was trying not to cry. I believe. # what you believe Mr Schiff and step down...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Are you illiterate?

Did you not read my post from wiki?

Pay close attention to this part: attempting to overthrow its government,

You don't have to be at war to attempt to overthrow a government.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: vinifalou

Yeah he went nuts on fisa violations

As everyone should've.

wrote a meaningless memo,..

And that's probably like, just your opinion, man.

a day after he led a vote to expand and renew the program without debate(which was being brought up by Amash)

Now he has a frivalous lawsuit against Twitter after calling out frivalous lawsuits weeks before.

Also I am old school. If the two ranking members can't agree and need to talk to cameras every day maybe they suck at leadership and some other can try and get the votes needed to make progress for everyone not just their party.

Now see, I don't want to make this a partisan issue but when you have an opposition chairman such as Schiff, there's no much room left to do your job. We now know there were some Democrats working AGAINST America's best interest. They were deliberately fabricating and spreading false stories and obstructing the investigations.

If you think Nunes hasn't done a good job in helping exposing the corruption in DC, maybe you're complicit with it?

Well no I think he is a good magician that fools people..

He votes to expand a program he thinks is abusive and has been since its major expansion under the patriot act. Bush and obama were both caught many many times as was the FBI. Those of us who do more than watch actors on TV, have a copy of the constitution, have read works from our founders and enlihhtment philosophy of the time, actually keep up on who violates our rights.

Devin Nunes pretending he cares on CNN and fox and then voting to expand abusive surveillance programs is far worse than what you are saying about Schiff.

Now I also hold Schiff to the same things as Nunes and bingo they look the same.

It's their votes that give power to fisa. Not an interview on celebrity news.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Are you illiterate?

No, I read the laws when it's in the context of legality.

Did you not read my post from wiki?

Constitution > wiki lulz

Pay close attention to this part: attempting to overthrow its government, You don't have to be at war to attempt to overthrow a government.

There's a law term for that.... It's called sedition.
edit on 28-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Correct.

www.law.cornell.edu...

According to this you could charge most of the Congress right now.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Some of congress deserve to be charged, they get elected to do a job, not hold back the government and try and overthrow it on BS.

I just find it fitting we use our highest crimes to their actual definitions or else they lose their meaning.

I can't count how many times people have accused Trump of treason and his camp vise versa.
edit on 28-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why does Schiff keep saying "You might think it's ok..." referring to the Republicans on the committee? Clearly this is all happening because the special counsel, the one he was trying to protect at all costs a few months ago, must have "thought it was ok"... the Republicans are just sticking Schiff's nose in it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thank you.

After doing much research the true crime should be sedation.

Please ignore my previous post it was made out of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: xuenchen

Why does Schiff keep saying "You might think it's ok..." referring to the Republicans on the committee? Clearly this is all happening because the special counsel, the one he was trying to protect at all costs a few months ago, must have "thought it was ok"... the Republicans are just sticking Schiff's nose in it.

Sort of like Mueller is on witch hunt and can't be trusted then no he is honarable and a truth teller?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I look at someone learning and admitting that they learned as one of the most admirable traits.

I don't remember any of your previous posts

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Thank you you are very kind.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Who said Mueller is honarable and a truth teller?

But for the record I never said he wasn't. I have said however that the length of time he spent on this investigation has done harm to this country; he will have to live with that ... it will be harder for him if he is an honorable man.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The president? Anyone who believes his report but bashed how corrupt he was.

Exact situation with the left all over Cohen. In that case though you would have to be very unaware to not think he was sleazball. Which in itself brings up questions of judgement.

PS in actual legal circles as well as law enforcement this investigation was incredible short and efficient. Beyond reasonable doubt is very thorough when dragging high office officials through the fire. I think he did as good a job as anyone could in a terrible and misguided job. He was basically Mr smith from the matrix not the Ken star drama show leader.
edit on 28-3-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That line of logic doesn't actually make sense.

These people who thought Muller was not an honest broker don't have to now reverse their opinions to believe the report. Even an unscrupulous broker can come to a point where they need to admit that they can not fabricate enough evidence to prosecute an innocent person and go with the truth instead to save face.

These people who think Muller is a dishonest person can ligimatly say "Even though Muller is untrustworthy, even though this was a witch hunt, they still couldn't come up with anything to prosecute on" ... in fact that line of argument is even more compelling; not only is Trump innocent, he is so squeaky clean that the dishonest Muller and his witch hunt couldn't come up with anything.

This is not the same for Democrats who where once proclaiming that Muller, his team and the FBI where honest and are now questioning their integrity. These people do have to reverse from their original position in order to keep their narrative alive ... or they can do what Schiff is doing and completely ignore that the investigation drew its current conclusion and pretend it's only the Republicans who "think it's ok ...".

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Do you believe that Newt Gingrich should be charged with treason? I mean he also tried to overthrow a President.

Legally 😎

And Clinton did lie under oath πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I guess you were not trained in logic formula. (Philosphy)

Or you would get a corrupt investigator is up for the highest bidder. Considering he is a lifelong Republican who mostly served Republicans even as a prosecutor it would be logical his corruption isn't partisan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join