posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:38 AM
originally posted by: Fallingdown
I tried them years ago. The main thing I didn’t like was walking around all morning with toilet paper on my face .
Then you were pressing it too hard on your face. The key is having a gentle touch and allowing the blade to do the work. It is very similar to shaving
with a straight razor, only it is safer (hence the name). Also, prepping your face beforehand is imperative.
Proper Shaving Technique 101
1. Hot towel applied to the face or shower first to open the pores.
2. Apply shaving cream or butter, rubbing it into the skin.
3. WAIT about 5 minutes for the cream to both soften the hair and lift it from the face (shaving cream is high in electrons that use a static charge
to make the hairs repel each other and "stand up" from the skin, kind of cool idea actually). This is an important step that will reduce the nicks
and cuts dramatically.
4. Shave with the grain, using a soft touch in long smooth strokes in the same direction.
5. Rinse razor after each pass of the blade.
6. Repeat 4-5 until completed.
7. (optional) Repeat steps 2-5 in opposite direction, against the grain for an even smoother and longer lasting shave.
I hope this helps you reduce the irritation to your skin while shaving. These steps are typically not known by most guys that were never taught proper
shaving technique growing up as a kid. The quick and fast shave will never give you a great experience. The extra minutes taken will be felt the rest
of the day, in a positive way.