It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Says Planet Is "God’s Creation" But Got Rattled When Asked If Unborn Baby Is Human

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

It's all empty talking points. They never want to address the real situation.

well I did notice he went silent when an actual physician decided to comment.

I have been gone a while, on a much much needed extended vacation, however it seems things have gotten even more voracious since I left.

Gooodness

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What part of what they said is inaccurate?

You look like you have a mouthful of sour grapes.

a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Religion asks science for complete proof but offers none

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Religion asks science for complete proof but offers none

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Most abortions happen because the mothers unwillingness to carry to term, period. Yes there are some that have issues with viability or threat to the mothers life, to which they come to us.

We're not talking about most abortion here. We're talking about why "exceptions" exist. If you were really a doctor who knew about why the exemptions exist for emergency, heart wrenching late term abortions, you wouldn't be on a random, Democrat trashing thread about Nancy Pelosi's Catholic hypocrisy and trashing the law that protects real life and death hard line decision that doctors, their patients and their patients families have to make.

Fortunately, emergency late term abortion are rare, but if you were really a doctor that understood the risks of pregnancy, you would know that.

edit on 29-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Now remind me again why Democrats wants to kill babies who were already borned?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So now it's not "that NEVER happens! It's not even legal! You're a liar!" ???

Now it's "well, killing a viable child in utero for reasons that aren't life and death is rare". Well, that makes purposefully killing viable children just dandy. "Don't worry about it. We rarely kill children. It's fine."

I bet facts bear out that it isn't that rare... Hence the maniacal shrieking when anyone attempts to close the non-life and death loopholes...
edit on 29-3-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Now remind me again why Democrats wants to kill babies who were already borned?

Again, cite an incident where that happened, legally, here in the USA.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It's easy to conflate and confused issues that you yourself blur out of ignorance, bias and misogyny. Especially so when you have to lie to present a case.

Nobody is legally killing newborn babies.
Nobody is advocating murdering healthy, viable fetuses in the womb.

There are real reasons to defend the "exceptions" that Roe V Wade allows for.

Roe V Wade isn't broken. It works. Nothing in the proposed Virginia Bill violated Roe V Wade and most of those proposals are already being implemented in several other states, New York being the most recent to successfully shore up their reproductive rights laws, should Roe V Wade be nullified.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

There are real reasons to defend the "exceptions"

What is the reason to defend killing viable children in utero in non-life-threatening situations? Persons you admit are "sovereign bodies" and not a woman's body. You yourself admit they are viable children and that a C-section is safer for both child and mother.

First, you say it doesn't happen. It's illegal, and I'm a liar. Now you admit it happens but there are good reasons for killing those children.

What exactly is the good reason for allowing mothers to choose to kill their children in utero for non-life-threatening reasons?

I love how the subject has moved to "only a misogynist would disagree".

Here are some facts assembled from a non pro-life group:

Facts About Post Abortion Depression

1. Women who have an abortion are 3x more likely that women of child-bearing age in the general population to commit suicide.
2. The increased risk percentage of women who have an abortion compared to women in the general population of having at least one mental health issue: 81%.
3. Teen girls are up to 10x more likely to attempt suicide then their counterparts who have not had an abortion.
4. Teen girls who have had an abortion are up to 4x more likely to successfully commit suicide when compared to older women who have had an abortion.
5. About 45% of women who have had an abortion report having suicidal feelings immediately following their procedure.
6. Only 1% of women of child-bearing age seek psychiatric help for mental health issues in the 9 months prior to having an abortion. After having an abortion, the percentage rises to 1.5%.
7. Within a year after first-time mothers gave birth, 7 per 1,000 women were treated for mental-health issues, in comparison to 4 per 1,000 before baby.
8. Up to 33% of mothers will experience depression at least once between the time their child is born and the child’s 12th birthday.
9. 1995 data suggests that the rate of deliberate self-harm is 70% higher after abortion than after childbirth.
10. The British Journal of Psychiatry found an 81% increased risk of mental trauma after abortion.
11. At least 27% of women who have an abortion will have a moment of suicidal ideation afterward.
12. A study of California Medicaid patients found that the risks of suicide increase by 154% for women after they have an abortion.
13. 2 in 3 women who have a late abortion [after 12 weeks] suffer from the clinical definition of PTSD.
14. 40% of women in one UK survey said that they wanted to keep their child, but the pressures of others to have an abortion forced their hand in the decision.
15. Women whose first pregnancies ended in abortion are 65% more likely to score in the ‘high-risk’ range for clinical depression than women whose first pregnancies resulted in a birth.
16. Abortion may be a risk factor for subsequent depression in women for up to 8 years after the pregnancy event.
17. Women who have had an abortion are 34% more likely to develop an anxiety disorder.
18. 110%. That’s the increased risk of alcohol abuse in women who have had an abortion.

Notice this group tries to gloss over the facts with:

Many Pro Life groups will jump on the post abortion depression statistics as proof that abortion is “wrong,” but that logic would also make giving birth wrong. Sometimes women feel that it is necessary to have an abortion. That necessity may also put these women at a higher risk of future health problems.

You don't know me, my past, or my circumstances, but you're really eager to dismiss me as unempathetic and a misogynist who doesn't care about women (to say nothing of viable human beings in utero).

What are the good reasons for exemptions that allow women to undertake a high-risk procedure with associated health and mental health risks -- which coincidentally kills a viable child in non-life-threatening situations? Do you have "real reasons" or just more empty platitudes?
edit on 29-3-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Pelosi gets rattled when asked the name of the current President. She still thinks is Bush.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's easy to conflate and confused issues that you yourself blur out of ignorance, bias and misogyny. Especially so when you have to lie to present a case.

Nobody is legally killing newborn babies.
Nobody is advocating murdering healthy, viable fetuses in the womb.

There are real reasons to defend the "exceptions" that Roe V Wade allows for.

Roe V Wade isn't broken. It works. Nothing in the proposed Virginia Bill violated Roe V Wade and most of those proposals are already being implemented in several other states, New York being the most recent to successfully shore up their reproductive rights laws, should Roe V Wade be nullified.

So now we have graduated to the inevitable, "I have not real response, so I'll pull out the personal insult card, that will do it...".

Really, "misogyny", that is your play? As for Roe v. Wade, tell me who here is even talking about that, let alone overturning it? Oh, right, hyperbole, another useless deflection tactic when you have no real response to a challenging question.

You are entertaining, I'll give you that. But, I think you need to layoff the personal insults and deflections to stay on-topic.

You can do it...........I know you can.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you were really a doctor who knew about why the exemptions exist for emergency, heart wrenching late term abortions, you wouldn't be on a random,

I already covered that, if you would have read the entirety of my post you would know that.

If you were really a doctor

I have absolutely no compulsion to prove anything to some random on the internet who very clearly has an issue with reading comprehension.

Fortunately, emergency late term abortion arerare

Unfortunately , non emergency abortions are not
edit on 29-3-2019 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You see? This post is proof that you have no real interest in understand why the exceptions exist legally. You have no compassion for women who are confronted with very real, heart breaking life or death emergency situations late in their pregnancies.

The source that you present, and that you are satisfied with, is unsourced, bias, one sided, pro-life, anti-choice as it encourages readers to talk their friends out of abortions, and filled with pseudo science talking points meant to scare women away from an informed choice, because you and your source believes that abortion is immoral. You make that clear.

Again, there are no doctors killing, or trying to pass laws will enable them to kill newborn babies. There are no doctors trying to pass laws that will make it easier for them to kill viable fetuses, when they could be saved by C-section. There are very good reason for the "exception" laws that exist, and your ignorance of medicine and reluctance to really research why those laws exist and the lives saved because of laws is proof that you really don't care and just want to harm women and their families during their most horrific and heart wrenching experiences.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You see? This post is proof that you have no real interest in understand why the exceptions exist legally. You have no compassion for women who are confronted with very real, heart breaking life or death emergency situations late in their pregnancies.

The source that you present, and that you are satisfied with, is unsourced, bias, one sided, pro-life, anti-choice as it encourages readers to talk their friends out of abortions, and filled with pseudo science talking points meant to scare women away from an informed choice, because you and your source believes that abortion is immoral. You make that clear.

Again, there are no doctors killing, or trying to pass laws will enable them to kill newborn babies. There are no doctors trying to pass laws that will make it easier for them to kill viable fetuses, when they could be saved by C-section. There are very good reason for the "exception" laws that exist, and your ignorance of medicine and reluctance to really research why those laws exist and the lives saved because of laws is proof that you really don't care and just want to harm women and their families during their most horrific and heart wrenching experiences.

You know what is really telling throughout your entire diatribe above? You never once mentioned the man that was also there when that fetus was conceived. Not....once...was...he....mentioned. To you, he has zero rights over his part of that fetus? After all without his DNA it would be an unfertilized egg, destined to die and end up as a bloody drop.

Now, who has not shed one tear for his benefit over a decision that she makes that legally can be made without his input at all.

Yeah, you claim misogyny, by we really know what you mean. Men should just backoff and shut up.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

There are very good reason for the "exception" laws that exist, and your ignorance of medicine 

I'm sorry in that wall of accusatory text, I didn't see the reasons you say exist for terminating a viable human being in a non-life-threatening circumstance. You simply repeating they exist does not help anyone understand those reasons or show that they in fact exist.

Nice try at changing the subject again.

most horrific and heart wrenching experiences.

This sentence fragment is at least something I can agree with.

What is the "very good reason" that exemptions exist in the case of non-emergency, non-life-threatening circumstances to ensure the mother's ability to opt for killing the unborn child instead of a C-section, induced delivery, or carrying to term? For what reason is this exemption necessary?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Do you think that Catholics, or any Christian for that matter, as elected officials have a duty to impose their religion's tenets on the population through legislation?

As a country built on 1 nation under God, the citizens sure do hope so.

The formula that created the United states was a winning one.

And to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God baby.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Then what is it an ape baby. It is a child and by law is a human being. If a person kills a woman that is carrying a child
that said person is charged with two counts of murder. Thirty eight states recognize a fetus as a person in a murder of a woman while pregnant. It is called the Unborn Victims of Violence act passed in 2004.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What? You think Christians hold the high ground on morality? They don't. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Besides, the God of Bible endorsed abortion and ordered the killing of pregnant women in numerous ways for numerous crimes. So, your logic is off kilter.

Secondly, abortion isn't immoral.

Third, your assertion that because Pelosi a Catholic she should use her elected position to impose her religion's tenet onto the national population is unconstitutional and unamerican.

ETA: According to the Bible, Satan owns this planet, and holds authority over it, not humans. Jesus was offered authority over the planet, and turned it down. Left this place, saying, someday, he'll come back and claim it on his own. That day is not today.

Got to give you credit, thats one of the most amazing responses I have ever seen on ATS.

If I am reading that correctly, Abortion isnt immoral and anyway, Satan is the ruler of this planet so he defines whats immoral so since Satan likes abortion, infanticide, human sacrifice, etc., abortion is just a.o.k. Until the day Jesus returns after having declined the offer to be the ruler of the world.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well, who wrote the Bible? Because the God of the Bible condones abortion, and Jesus didn't contradict his "dad".

The Bible also says that this planet belongs to Satan. So, you tell me, is the God of the Bible moral? If so, why do Christian fight him on free will and abortion?

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join