It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Says Planet Is "God’s Creation" But Got Rattled When Asked If Unborn Baby Is Human

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

read up on the post-birth abortion movement.

Oh please! You're just trolling now.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just curious what people think of this scenario..

If a person spots a pregnant woman and runs up to her and kicks her in the stomach, killing her unborn child and bruising her, would a pro-choice people consider that to be assault or murder?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Just curious what people think of this scenario..

If a person spots a pregnant woman and runs up to her and kicks her in the stomach, killing her unborn child and bruising her, would a pro-choice people consider that to be assault or murder?

Pro-choice people would consider it proactive.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What's the difference between a person and a human?

The difference is legal. "Personhood rights" are bestowed only upon those persons who have been born, rights like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yeah.

And "Human" rights are global.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

read up on the post-birth abortion movement.

Oh please! You're just trolling now.

I'm not trolling (and accusing me of such is actually against the T&C's here TBH). It matters...let me explain.

The moment a fetus becomes a human is when basic human rights kick-in. In the U.S., once they are born they are considered citizens and should be afforded all the protections within the COTUS, unconditionally.

So, understanding when that transition happens is the crux of the issue. Since you have been so vocal here and willing to offer your perspective, I am asking YOU for your opinions on each aspect.

Those are viable questions to ask, and answer. Regardless of your reluctance to answer, you are in an active conversation. just answer them honestly. Then we can begin to understand the timeline of fetus-->human transition, and what factors into that transition.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The difference is legal. "Personhood rights" are bestowed only upon those persons who have been born, rights like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Yet people frequently get charged with homicide (of a human being) when an unborn child is killed. How do you reconcile that?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The moment a fetus becomes a human is when basic human rights kick-in.

When is that? LOL

When is a fetus not human?

So, understanding when that transition happens is the crux of the issue.

The Constitution makes that clear. The "transition" happens upon birth.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Never. That's why they are people.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Yet people frequently get charged with homicide (of a human being) when an unborn child is killed. How do you reconcile that?

How about you educate yourself on the history of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act for yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

When is that? LOL

So, understanding when that transition happens is the crux of the issue.

The Constitution makes that clear. The "transition" happens upon birth.

See, basic human rights and COTUS are mutually exclusive. There is overlap, sure, but that are not one in the same.
So, for you, killing an unborn "fetus", hours before a viable birth, is OK since it it not unconstitutional? Viability is not part of the equation? Now I'm confused. I thought you mentioned viability as one of the determining factors in this calculus?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Never. That's why they are people.

If you say so. But they don't have constitutional rights, according to the 14th Amendment.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The goalposts constantly move. They are never logically consistent. Now the argument has to become that the vagina bestows personhood. Minutes before in the womb, they are not people now in his argument.

This is because they know the truth, but cannot face it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So, for you, killing an unborn "fetus", hours before a viable birth, is OK since it it not unconstitutional?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never advocated for any such thing, and Roe V Wade allows states to proscribes it. There is not one state in the United States in which what you suggest is legal.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Now the argument has to become that the vagina bestows personhood. Minutes before in the womb, they are not people now in his argument.

No. The vagina doesn't bestow personhood. IF that were true then all those babies born through C-sections wouldn't be people! LOL

The US Constitution bestows legal personhood on "persons born" according to the 14th Amendment, not me.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So, for you, killing an unborn "fetus", hours before a viable birth, is OK since it it not unconstitutional?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never advocated for any such thing, and Roe V Wade allows states to proscribes it. There is not one state in the United States in which what you suggest is legal.

If unborn viable children are not people, why not advocate for it? Who cares? They aren't people in your view. Why isn't your definition consistent?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm totally convinced Pelosi worships Satan in her spare time.

And Chucky lights the candles for her.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Not legal, yet. However, it was very close to legal not that far back in Virginia under HB 2491 Abortion; eliminate certain requirements and ...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

you kept dumbing it down for him, in an effort to get him to answer the question.....

He knew exactly what you were asking, no matter how you asked it......

He just knew he couldnt answer it or it would blow his whole argument out of the water, and expose more of his hypocrisy...

This is why i didnt further the debate with him, because he uses the same tactics every single time, just this circular round and round bs, and then claims some sort of false victory when people get tired of responding to the nonsense.....

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

And why wouldn't it be? The argument is now before birth they are not people. Surely killing a child minutes before birth doesn't present an ethical problem. It's a nonperson.

Or if it does seem particularly horrific, then when does that horror begin? If a few minutes is horrifc, what about a day? two days? A week? When is killing the child sufficiently horrific to be stopped? If a premie is born, it'd be murder-- a child at a similar or more advanced stage of development in utero is still not a person? Kill away.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join