It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Says Planet Is "God’s Creation" But Got Rattled When Asked If Unborn Baby Is Human

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Pelosi is such a good Catholic...NOT! Yesterday, at a press event, to announce the introduction of H.R. 9—the “Climate Action Now Act," Pelosi made the following comment:

If you do believe, as I do, that this is God’s creation, this planet, we have a moral responsibility to be good stewards of it. But even if you don’t subscribe to that, you know we have a moral responsibility to future generations to pass on this planet in a responsible, responsible way.

www.speaker.gov...

Do any of you remember the exchange between a reporter and Pelosi back in 2015, concerning the humanity of an unborn baby? I did and I found it on YouTube. She stated yesterday, that the planet is "God's creation" and that we have a "moral responsibility" to take care of it. What about the unborn Nancy? Aren't the unborn, our most innocent and vulnerable humans, part of God's creation? Don't we have a "moral responsibility" to protect them, since they are, in fact, our "future generation?" I wonder what this "devout, practicing Catholic," who is the mother of five children, considers a 24 week old baby in the mother's womb? Oh, I get it, they're not actually "human" until they're born. We've been hearing that a lot lately from pro choice Democrats.

She claims in the video clip below, that she knows "more about this subject than" the reporter, yet refuses to answer the question. Instead, she gets agitated, waves her hands and talks her usual gobbledygook. With "all due respect" Nancy, you're an embarrassment to our country and to practicing Catholics.

edit on 3/28/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
God Money, I'll do anything for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I thought christians believed that the world was here for our personal exploitation, and that limited resources didn't matter because the end is nigh.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Trying to stir the pot? I'm not biting. You can believe whatever you want...no difference to me. However, as a Christian, I don't think you made an accurate statement.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's almost funny how literally everyone in the world who is into the U.S. politics can see the scumbags these Democrats are (Pelosi, Schumer, Booker, Harris, etc), but the brainwashed leftists can still support them because of the fed propaganda through the years.

And this isn't a partisan talking, the problem is in the individuals who run the Democratic Party. I'm more of a left-leaning supporter in my country, but when it comes to the U.S. I can see the left is really becoming insane.
edit on 28/3/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hey Pelosi?

Abortion KILLS future generations.

Pelosi putting the chicken before the egg, literally.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I thought christians believed that the world was here for our personal exploitation, and that limited resources didn't matter because the end is nigh.

I guess you thought incorrectly, I'm so surprised. It varies from denomination to denomination, but the terms I am most familiar with are "be stewards of" or "have dominion over" God's creation.

The gist is that yes, we have Earth's resources at our disposal but with that also comes the responsibility to care for it and not go hog wild.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Do you think that Catholics, or any Christian for that matter, as elected officials have a duty to impose their religion's tenets on the population through legislation?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The Christian bible states that life begins at first breath, and also condones abortion if the pregnancy was a result of the woman cheating on her husband.
edit on 28-3-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Pelosi used the word "morality" when talking at this press event, while introducing the Climate Action Now Act. If she thinks it's a "moral responsibility" to take care of this planet, then yes, I think it's hypocritical of her not to think the same for the lives of the unborn.

The sense of morality should be common to all humanity, but unfortunately it isn't. Values and morals do not rely on facts, so that's why people can't agree on them. Is there a universal right and wrong...a moral code for humanity? I believe there is, but people continue to argue about the religious and cultural components of morality instead of realizing it's about love and respect for all people, as well as wisdom, compassion, and courage. This is something that all politicians who run this country should possess.

"The good man is the friend of all living things....Morality is rooted in the purity of our hearts."
...Mahatma Ghandi

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

What? You think Christians hold the high ground on morality? They don't. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Besides, the God of Bible endorsed abortion and ordered the killing of pregnant women in numerous ways for numerous crimes. So, your logic is off kilter.

Secondly, abortion isn't immoral.

Third, your assertion that because Pelosi a Catholic she should use her elected position to impose her religion's tenet onto the national population is unconstitutional and unamerican.

ETA: According to the Bible, Satan owns this planet, and holds authority over it, not humans. Jesus was offered authority over the planet, and turned it down. Left this place, saying, someday, he'll come back and claim it on his own. That day is not today.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I think Sarah's Silverman's solution to abortion will work:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

LOL, kill em all and let.......well, they will sort themselves out.

Go get em tiger

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm sure Jesus said that somewhere, no? Just like he preached on abortion. Oh wait....NVM

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If the pro-abortionists were ever honest with themselves and admitted that an unborn child is human, then they would have to admit that they are for the death of innocent humans.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If the pro-abortionists were ever honest with themselves and admitted that an unborn child is human,

There are no "pro-abortionists". There are people who are "pro-choice". A (human) fetus isn't a child any more than an acorn is an Oak tree or a sapling.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

If the pro-abortionists were ever honest with themselves and admitted that an unborn child is human,

There are no "pro-abortionists". There are people who are "pro-choice". A (human) fetus isn't a child any more than an acorn is an Oak tree or a sapling.

I said "human".

Is the unborn child, human?

As for "pro-choice". . . well it's like saying you're against child rape, but if someone else wants to rape a child, then it's their "choice".

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Is the unborn child, human?

I repeat. A (human) fetus isn't a child.

As for "pro-choice". . . well it's like saying you're against child rape, but if someone else wants to rape a child, then it's their "choice".

No, it's nothing like that, since it's the woman making a choice about her sovereign body, not a rapist who chooses to violate a woman's sovereign body.

A fetus is not a sovereign body. A fetus has no choice or constitutional rights. A fetus is not a "person" under US law.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

A fetus is not a sovereign body. A fetus has no choice or constitutional rights. A fetus is not a "person" under US law.

Neither were slaves. And people got to kill them without repercussion as well.

So you agree that the unborn child is human?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Didn't she say walls were immoral too? She probably shouldn't be using that word so much - or at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join