It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration System At The Breaking Point

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well look at this. Now that Trump has access to 8 billion in funds for a wall. At the border:

"The breaking point has arrived," said CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan in a news conference Wednesday in El Paso, Texas.

"CBP is facing an unprecedented humanitarian and border security crisis all along our Southwest border — and nowhere has that crisis manifested more acutely than here in El Paso," McAleenan said.

What does ATS Think? Is this truly a crisis at the border? Is it just optics to support the President?

Federal agents apprehended more than 4,000 migrants crossing the border on each of two days this week — the highest daily total recorded in 15 years, according to a senior official with Customs and Border Protection.

4000 a day equates to ~1.5 million a year. Now granted that is the number caught, so it’s possible there are repeats getting caught. Some are being released into the USA, so I’m not sure how many repeats.

I'm in favor of strong borders, and over a million illegal attempts at entry in one year is concerning to me. To me the question becomes:
How many are not getting caught?

www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

How many terrorists are using this as an opportunity to infiltrate the US?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Another good question.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's ridiculous our infrastructure will collapse the wall needs to be built

Democrats are corrupt and oblivious possibly mentally challenged

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
It's ridiculous our infrastructure will collapse the wall needs to be built

Democrats are corrupt and oblivious possibly mentally challenged

Dilute

+

Overload

=

Mob Overrun /////////

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Trump has the money, veto stands, yet no wall plan speech.

Maybe the money is being divvy up to see which loyalist gets their hands on it whilst illegal are hired to do most of the work...

Nah... not likely. ... not in american government or politics

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How many terrorists are using this as an opportunity to infiltrate the US?

When we did the lethal border systems in south africa (Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland), we were getting about 700-800 a year, all terrorists, all died. When you put up a good system, only the truly insane try to get past it.....and don't.

When I went down to Texas in 2007 for a DHS related company for the border perimeter system, they said my kind of system would never be installed because of the politics. They said innocent people would get killed. Innocent people don't try to get through 3300-4000 joules at 4000v. Only seriously motivated people like terrorists and criminals try to get through and fail.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: toysforadults

Trump has the money, veto stands, yet no wall plan speech.

Maybe the money is being divvy up to see which loyalist gets their hands on it whilst illegal are hired to do most of the work...

Nah... not likely. ... not in american government or politics

Trump and DHS earlier this month was looking at a demonstration of a new barrier type made by a company out of North Dakota.

They can do a mile of barrier a day at 1/4 of the cost it is currently being done at.

Didn't hit the news anywhere else that I know, but it was all over the news here.

So maybe they're moving equipment into place right now...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ideally, if we can spend the next 5 years finishing the wall and instituting mass deportations of illegal immigrants, we just might save this sinking ship after all.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Ideally, if we can spend the next 5 years finishing the wall and instituting mass deportations of illegal immigrants, we just might save this sinking ship after all.

With this new system, 5 years is over 1,800 miles.

He should just do it and have a "sea to shining sea wall" press conference after.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Put teeth into the system, real jeopardy for illegals. Not quite Inglourious Basterds, but maybe that's what it will take. It will become a war of survival on our borders.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It's the entire system that's at breaking point.

Immigration is simply one of many symptoms pertaining to the real issue.

That being the distribution of wealth and power amongst our respective populations, never mind the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If the government made a move to ban chewing gum tomorrow, it would be sold out nation wide the next day.

Making actual progress towards a wall- how many people have been working to make that border run for a few years that suddenly have a reason to rush?
How many others saw that rush and decided they had safety in numbers?

It's a bum rush.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The real damage is the long term loss of loved ones to crimes committed by illegal aliens. Between intentional and accidental (i.e. drunk driving) killings, about 2,000 American lives are taken each year!

Add to that, the $82,000 each Illegal Alien sucks from Taxpayers in benefits and medical care, and you have a severely broken system.

Democrats don't get emotional over the above, but let a 5 year old be removed from his mom for a few weeks, and Dims go ballistic. What a crazy mindset they have.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I didn't want to vote for Donald Trump before the election, I was thinking about Ted Cruz if he gained momentum. He was the first big Republican runner and had some good talk early on. Clinton and Sanders were out of the question for me, so I should have just realized I was going to be forced to vote for the most popular Republican when it came down to it.

It became Donald Trump, a rich blow hard full of as much BS as any of the other crappy choices. He had made some pretty good promises, but I thought his promises were just words to get the vote. I really expected one of those old liches Clinton or Sanders to get up front, but then Clinton shut Sanders down, and she seemed like she was going to take the election so no choice left for me but give Trump my vote.

The unbelievable happened and Donald Trump won the presidency. Then the totally impossible happened, he actually was living up to his promises! That rich, loud mouthed jerk, wanna be playboy became president and really tried to get his promises accomplished. That gained my respect and now I find myself standing behind our president and hoping he runs and wins a second term.

The wall is going to work. Whoever is supporting this massive southern border breech and against protecting that border is fairly riled up I suspect, but president Trump couldn't have come soon enough for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I think you just summed up the thoughts of most independents and not a few Democratic voters.

Excellent post...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
4,000 a day caught could easily be 40,000 a day getting through. The truth is we simply don't know and we never will. Personally I think the estimates of the number of illegals in this country is shamefully low. Do the math. Consider the number caught trying to enter illegally compared to the length of border area where they were caught. You can be conservative and apply that number to 20% of the entire border. Even when ignoring 80% of the border, using an estimated average number of crossings based on the average number of illegals caught, and add to that chain migration and children born to illegals on US soil, the estimated number of illegals in this country could easily be as high as 1/5 of our current population. We are talking about 65 million illegals. Remember, its not just people from Mexico. Its people who pass through Mexico as well.

Now those who follow the Constitution will immediately point out that all those children born here are US citizens. But I believe that is a perversion of the law. Birthright citizenship was never intended for people who sneak across the border in the middle of the night, hold up in birthing houses, then claim citizenship. It was meant to address the increasing number of new arrivals from Europe and elsewhere in the new USA. People coming here from other nations had to swear loyalty to the USA. Their children were assumed to be loyal to the USA and were not treated as immigrants but instead as citizens. The extension of that citizenship to illegals is just circumventing the law.

If you have ever wondered how our politicians can be so inept and never seem to get a social program to work correctly here is your answer. No one factored in the correct number of illegals who will take from that social program without putting anything substantial back in to the system. Decrease the expenditures of every social program by 20% overnight and see how well funded they are. The taxes levied to pay for those programs actually cover the costs for once. Who would have thought...?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I look forward to your thread on that subject. This subject is specific to immigration.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Now those who follow the Constitution will immediately point out that all those children born here are US citizens. But I believe that is a perversion of the law. Birthright citizenship was never intended for people who sneak across the border in the middle of the night, hold up in birthing houses, then claim citizenship. It was meant to address the increasing number of new arrivals from Europe and elsewhere in the new USA. People coming here from other nations had to swear loyalty to the USA. Their children were assumed to be loyal to the USA and were not treated as immigrants but instead as citizens. The extension of that citizenship to illegals is just circumventing the law.

This is an interesting point. How would you suggest changing, or clarifying the law so that children born in this country by people here without permission, wouldn't have access to citizenship?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Trump needs to blitzkrieg this wall

<<   2  3 >>

join