It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting Secret Societies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is the funniest isht ever.

Donating money anonymously, like, they don't care who the money goes to, or the person receiving the money doesn't know who it is from?

All the money I give is on an individually decided basis of who is most needy amongst those I come across ON A DAILY basis, i write no cheques, and make no tax refunds. I KNOW the people I give my money, or atleast as much as I can without being in their shoes.

I agree that Masonry could do more to use its collective membership to SERIOUSLY curtail some problems such as poverty, drug abuse, hell, there is enough of them in politics, you think they could all agree on some TRULY ENTIRELY positive things, instead of signng things like the Patriot Act in without even reading it.

Oh, but why should they, its just a fraternal org! Umm, no, its an org that claims to hold itself to high ideals, and moral values, and should do more than GESTURE and posture, it should devote itself to social change.

I call any man/woman that has proven their moral character Brother or Sister, not who has gone through the same arbitrary rites of passage, and initiations as me. Could Masonry change a Landmark to reflect this?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
This is the funniest isht ever.

Please tell me what's so funny.

Donating money anonymously, like, they don't care who the money goes to, or the person receiving the money doesn't know who it is from?

The purpose of donating money is to help, not to be recognized or receive tax writeoffs.

I call any man/woman that has proven their moral character Brother or Sister, not who has gone through the same arbitrary rites of passage, and initiations as me. Could Masonry change a Landmark to reflect this?

It doesn't need to. Masonry doesn't owe you a damn thing, Akilles.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I don't think you'd have to have a secret to be a secret society, you just have to have a common goal...which is usually something like 'take over the world,' or 'control world governments with our genius and mass amount of cash.' But I don't see the problem with having a secret society whose common goal is to drink beer.
wait, didn't the Masons already try that idea?

[edit on 14-3-2005 by excalibur745]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by excalibur745
I don't think you'd have to have a secret to be a secret society, you just have to have a common goal...which is usually something like 'take over the world,' or 'control world governments with our genius and mass amount of cash.' But I don't see the problem with having a secret society whose common goal is to drink beer.
wait, didn't the Masons already try that idea?

[edit on 14-3-2005 by excalibur745]

Actually no. Quite a few Masons I know, particularly those in the so-called "bible-belt" area of the U.S.A. don't drink at all.

Those who do, do it by choice and quite openly. Nothing secret about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Excellent thank you .. .all I heard around was how happy you were for your charity work... and well.. I know how shady charities are... volunteering and the other things you mentioned are excellent.. not like I'm going to pat you on the back ... you shouldn't need that..

but I am offended you thought I implied you were "selfish" ... just as you were offended by my misrepresentation...

and no,... I didn't mean you're trying to sell anyone anything ... although I have done my own research ..

We should all be weary of these western medicine men selling us zen in a bottle..

what I meant by that is ... (and I didn't make that quote up)... If you haven't noticed most advertising companies or any establishment trying to gain power (usually without good deeds) uses ancient manipulative parables to entice people into buying their products, I can't come up with an example right off hand.. but the western world is kinda making up its own philosophy based on all the other ones.. and well, not everyone uses the knowledge and wisdom they recieve for the benefits of others...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Excellent thank you .. .all I heard around was how happy you were for your charity work... and well.. I know how shady charities are... volunteering and the other things you mentioned are excellent.. not like I'm going to pat you on the back ... you shouldn't need that..

but I am offended you thought I implied you were "selfish" ... just as you were offended by my misrepresentation...

and no,... I didn't mean you're trying to sell anyone anything ... although I have done my own research ..

We should all be weary of these western medicine men selling us zen in a bottle..

what I meant by that is ... (and I didn't make that quote up)... If you haven't noticed most advertising companies or any establishment trying to gain power (usually without good deeds) uses ancient manipulative parables to entice people into buying their products, I can't come up with an example right off hand.. but the western world is kinda making up its own philosophy based on all the other ones.. and well, not everyone uses the knowledge and wisdom they recieve for the benefits of others...

Hehe Fair enough. Sorry I was rude, I just thought you kinda came on a little strong. No big deal. But yeah, masons do qutie a bit. I can't say I know much about how charities are run, all I'm familiar with is the red Cross scandals of a few years ago, but I can imagine. I think most intelligent individuals know that they should do research before just givng money away.

As for your quote: "We should all be weary of these western medicine men selling us zen in a bottle", I guess you have a point but I also think that American society is used to things like beer commercials telling us that we'll hang out with hot girls and have a great time if we drink their product, etc. etc. I know there's many stupid people out there who take marketing at face value, but they're beyond hope.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I guess you have a point but I also think that American society is used to things like beer commercials telling us that we'll hang out with hot girls and have a great time if we drink their product, etc. etc. I know there's many stupid people out there who take marketing at face value, but they're beyond hope.

You mean to say I've been wasting my time and this isn't going to happen? :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I guess you have a point but I also think that American society is used to things like beer commercials telling us that we'll hang out with hot girls and have a great time if we drink their product, etc. etc. I know there's many stupid people out there who take marketing at face value, but they're beyond hope.

You mean to say I've been wasting my time and this isn't going to happen? :bnghd:

Come on Intrepid, you don't need beer to be a chick magnet!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I didn't think a secret society had to have asecret I thought what they got up to was supposed to be kept secret.

Man it would be so cool to have a secret society but you have to have a foundation first like someone said the founders of the great secret societies wouldn't have originally set out to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join