It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting Secret Societies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
I dont like to discriminate when it comes to beer
but my personal preference would have to be Budweiser.

Originally posted by klooney
Heineken is the best beer ever would have to give red stripe a close 2nd

I beg to differ, gentlemen...

www.arrogantbastard.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

so true, my so called secret fraternity has really no important secrets at all we just hide everything better than other fraternities. Heineken is the best beer everm would have to give red stripe a close 2nd

Which Fraternity?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hrmm wouldn't a secret society to increase membership have to become essentially non-secret?

maybe I'm just thinking too hard....or not hard enough

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
^^^Yeah, but this has been done to death already.

You need only look on this board to realize every Secret Society has used the gimmick that they have no secrets, and are not in fact a secret society.

Except for the Illuminati (which doesn't exist any more) I have yet to hear a REAL "Secret Society" even discussed on this board.

...of course that COULD be because TRUE "Secret Societies" are true secrets and the rest are mis-labeled by the unknowing.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

I dont like to discriminate when it comes to beer
but my personal preference would have to be Budweiser.

Heineken is the best beer ever would have to give red stripe a close 2nd

I beg to differ, gentlemen...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
what is so secret about a society anyway?
it's name? it's secret? it's people? it's location? it's women? not really sure. one thing is think is sure is that if it is secret, nobodies knows, that's a definition a of secret.
and by the way, do you need to have a secret to have a secret society? you could just be a group sharing a point of view but you don't want anybody to know.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
^^^ You mean, the belief that you are better than people, and that you must separate yourselves from them in private meetings where you discuss what is best for the people at the group, and how to convince everyone else of the fact.

But if this was your belief, you would still need to provide cover for that, saying how brotherly your org is, how much relief through charity it provides, and that it tells the outside world the truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by crontab
What does it take to start a successful secret society?

I imagine the first step would be to actually have a secret.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by senrak]

Don't mean to be rude... but .. umm realistically, the best way to start a secret society is not particularly to have something to keep a secret... but to actually BE a secret... a truly secret society wouldn't even have a name....
if you can build off of that mentally... pm

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The only truee secret society would be to invite another prospective member
to your meeting and then dispose of him. The only true secret society is
yourself! Inviting others only risks your secrets being exposed.

Seriously, how many people would you tell your innermost secrets to!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Don't mean to be rude... but .. umm realistically, the best way to start a secret society is not particularly to have something to keep a secret... but to actually BE a secret... a truly secret society wouldn't even have a name....
if you can build off of that mentally... pm

I suppose that's why the average person isn't running around starting secret societies.

Perhaps we can move on now.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
[That] The Presidency of the United States is to be controlled by Freemasonry, is thoroughly documented by Christian author, Ralph Epperson, in his book, "The New World Order".

On page 171, Epperson quotes testimony given in March, 1867, before the House Judiciary Committee, by General Gordon Granger. General Granger related a meeting between himself, President Andrew Johnson, who was a Mason, and Albert Pike, the most famous of all Masons. General Granger reported his surprise that President Johnson considered himself to be subordinate to Albert Pike. This subordination is detailed in the oath the initiate takes during the Third Degree, called the Master Mason's degree, inside the Blue Lodge.

This oath states, "I do promise...that I will obey all...summonses..given..to me from the hand of a Brother Master Mason ..." Presidents who are Masons are obligated to take orders from their Master Masons.

This is further symbolized by the placement of the House of the Temple, home of elite Masons, 13 blocks north of the White House.

In summary, "In the mind of the occultist, the true political Administrative power resides in this Freemasonry headquarters, not in the White House. This is why President Andrew Johnson considered himself to be the subordinate to Albert Pike, the leader of North American FreeMasonry!"

This is why the Obelisk is in a direct line of sight with the House of the Temple, and not the White House.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Heheh OK OK OK it was just a joke...

you can beg all you like but I wont differ...

I like that. Good stuff.

And Machine Head is awesome!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

[That] The Presidency of the United States is to be controlled by Freemasonry, is thoroughly documented by Christian author, Ralph Epperson, in his book, "The New World Order".

Oh GOOD! I was WONDERING what was going on there! That "Christian" author MUST know what he's talking about because he had it put in print...so let's all jump aboard and believe it!" (Although admittedly I've NEVER heard of any such garbage before...

On page 171, Epperson quotes testimony given in March, 1867, before the House Judiciary Committee, by General Gordon Granger. General Granger related a meeting between himself, President Andrew Johnson, who was a Mason, and Albert Pike, the most famous of all Masons.

Hmmm...I would have thought that George Washington was the most famous of all U.S. Masons. I've never considered who might be most famous of ALL (both U.S. and otherwise) Masons, particularly since Pike had NO Masonic authority outside the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite in the U.S. . . . but you're telling this story.

General Granger reported his surprise that President Johnson considered himself to be subordinate to Albert Pike.

Well, Pike was a General too, so I guess if Granger was a lesser General than Pike it could be true, but it sure seems like two different stories are converging here....

This subordination is detailed in the oath the initiate takes during the Third Degree, called the Master Mason's degree, inside the Blue Lodge.

This oath states, "I do promise...that I will obey all...summonses..given..to me from the hand of a Brother Master Mason ..."

I'm not sure what all you've left out with the elipsis's (if that's even a word) but I NEVER made such a promise. What so-called "expose'" did you get that from...or was it David Icke's site?

Presidents who are Masons are obligated to take orders from their Master Masons.

That must come as quite a surprise to the Presidents (particularly the last 5) who aren't even Masons. I'd be willing to bet it comes as a surprise to Masons TOO, since you're the ONLY ONE who has ever heard of this nonsense.

This is further symbolized by the placement of the House of
the Temple, home of elite Masons, 13 blocks north of the White House.

Oh, I'm SO glad you said that. It reminds me to verify this with my friends at the House of the Temple. It further reminds me that the H.O.T. was build a LONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time after the White House was. I wonder what took the Masons so long to get there. Also, if you recall, I publicly offered to get you a personal tour of the ENTIRE House of the Temple, and you've yet to respond to that offer, although it still stands. Afraid you'll have to admit you're full of (well...you know....I can't post it here or I'll get warned) I particularly love that "home of elite Masons" FASCINATING. Last time I was there (which was last month...and EVERY February) it wasn't the home of ANYONE. It's a business office and meeting place. Oh, sure, John Henry Cowles lived there when he was Sovereign Grand Commander, but he's been dead for years. Many people say that Pike lived there, but he was dead several years before it was even BUILT, so that's not likely to be so.

In summary,

Forever or just for this post???? (Hey, I can HOPE you'll go away...thankfully most trolls have) (Well, except for Necros)

"In the mind of the occultist, the true political Administrative power resides in this Freemasonry headquarters, not in the White House.

That's probably quite distressing to the folks in the White House because they're pretty sure it's THERE and not at the House of the Temple which only has 6 or 7 people there most days (well, Monday - Friday...and no one on Saturday or Sunday) I wonder who's running the country on Saturday and Sunday? Is ChiefCounselor in this thread? Perhaps the Knights of Columbus run the country on Saturday and Sunday. If not, I'll be glad to talk to the guys at the House of the Temple and ask them to offer the Knights the opportunity to do so...if they're not too busy or something.

This is why President Andrew Johnson considered himself to be the subordinate to Albert Pike,

I've been wondering why....thanks for clearing that up.

the leader of North American FreeMasonry!"

Who? Pike? Haven't you heard???? Pike was just the Sovereign Grand Commander of the Southern Jurisdicton of the Scottish Rite, which covers only a part of the U.S.A. and only has jurisdiction over the degrees of that Rite. He had NO authority over the several Grand Lodges of the various states and is hardly even KNOWN outside the Southern Jurisdiction, let alone the U.S.A. But, hey! You were just kidding me! You KNEW that. You're FAR TOO SMART to make such a pathetic, ignorant statement that Pike was the "leader of North American FreeMasonry" and really mean it.

This is why the Obelisk is in a direct line of sight with the House of the Temple, and not the White House.

Uhm...Akilles, have you ever BEEN to Washington DC? If so have you been to the White House or the Washington Monument? (or the House of the Temple) ????? Obviously not, so you must be hoping the ignorant masses will believe what you say. The "obelisk" IS practically directly in front of the White House and MANY blocks from the House of the Temple. In fact, I think the only way one could SEE the Washington Monument FROM the House of the Temple would be to be on TOP of it. ...but you can see it from the White House lawn (the White House being BETWEEN the Washington Monument and the House of the Temple).

Akilles, I don't get to spend much time on this site and you're REALLY getting redundant. I can only imagine how much other, more active members are tiring of you and your nonsensical ramblings and untruths. Why don't you go away and troll another site...or at least another forum (or are you spreading your garbage elsewhere on ATS already)?

Deny Ignorance? Deny Akilles! You make me sick.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by senrak]

[edit on 12-3-2005 by senrak]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This oath states, "I do promise...that I will obey all...summonses..given..to me from the hand of a Brother Master Mason ..." Presidents who are Masons are obligated to take orders from their Master Masons.

No mason is obligated to take orders from anyone.

Listen to SENRAK, Akilles. This is garbage even for your usual posts.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A quick google of Ralph Epperson leads us to this page....a "review" of some of his writings....I'd call it more of a synopsis...

syninfo.com...

I'll just say he as an interesting view of history. (I think that's a polite way of saying it).

Who knows maybe Clinton did speak in a "coded and concealed" language.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ralphie has some interesting views, but really, you only need to look at his line of thinking. Many will automatically assume he is mentally ill, but for me, this shows what says is logical, and that people must ignore or ridicule it.

"Ralph Epperson believes that Russia has pulled off even a bigger hoax for 40 years: THE RUSSIANS DID NOT HAVE A NUCLEAR MISSILE FORCE as they claimed!

And the American government knew that Russia did not have a nuclear missile force! The American people believed the deception because the American government lied to them! In this two hour lecture, Mr. Epperson asks and then answers the question: "How do you launch a wooden missile!"

Only with a statement like this can you make people truly look at a 40 year Cold War for what it was, nothing more than an elaborate education for the populace, on who's the boss, who's the enemy, and what you can do for your country.

He also states "Ralph Epperson has discovered the evidence that the men who founded this nation were not God-fearing patriots as we have been told, but occultic practitioners of a secret worship on this earth. In fact, he will discuss the evidence that our founding fathers created two separate governments in the Constitution at the same time, and one of those GOVERNMENTS was given absolute tyrannical power!"
Hmmm, deliberate deception, coded in legal language? To confuse the average man? Thats impossible, the government was created to serve the average man... Only if you actually believe that

Attack his credibility, or his line of thinking, I think it would be easier to just lump me together with him, and start calling us crankpots. He also believes the Shroud of Turin is real, so you might want to start attacking his credibility there.

Whats next, the suggestion that the Patriot Act was necessary, and the NWO won't be so bad, we should get used to it while we can?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Whats next, the suggestion that the Patriot Act was necessary, and the NWO won't be so bad, we should get used to it while we can?

Patriot Act=bad.

Seems like I'm on your side with this one BUT man please use some facts instead of supposition. Rhetoric is wearisome.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So you're saying that it is merely hypothetically convincing, and unnecessary to ACTUALLY consider these things?

Supposing is not what I am doing. I am giving a description of a state of mind that would act through the use of a fake Cold War, and saying WHY it is likely Elite thought this way. (for proof the US sent materials to the Soviet Union while the Manhattan project was still under way www.nexusmagazine.com...)

Rhetoric is not what I am using. I am not overpowering people, I am allowing them to think within new bounds, not telling people what to think, as your comment alludes.

If one restricts the concept of 'earning' only to human artifacts then this means that land, trees, forests, gold mines, oil reserves, fish, wheat, et cetera on end can never be earned. On the other hand, if one removes all restrictions on 'earning' then the entity which we most depend on for our survival (the sun) is an unearned resource.

So how can we say a man like Ilia Pavlov EARNED his $1.5 billion dollars when the criminal connections are clear, yet he died without being convicted. Should his crimes go unnoticed, and Freemasonry should still hail him? I think NOT.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by akilles]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the Masons have no benefit to society.. if they claim that giving to charities is good then they obviously haven't worked for charities as I have in the field and in the office... it's all BS...

thats the main ploy I hear out of these people and really... charity is garbage.. wanna make a difference? GO DO IT... don't give money .. money don't build houses, and don't put the food in your mouth ... Money just hires people who are easily bought with material possessions .. it's quiet the idea actually.. (money that is) ... but until I see some world changing "miracles" coming from the masons I'll still believe they are out for themselves...

Charities are for people who like to be praised by other people for the good things they should already be doing...

It is my belief that the only secret to masonry is the knowledge of how to manipulate people ...

We should all be weary of these western medicine men selling us zen in a bottle..

To all the masons... I am only going on what I know about masons from what I've heard from masons...

by all means enlighten me as to the benefit man-kind recieves from your infinite knowledge... what things other than donating to charities have you done? ... as anyone who's worked for a charity will know hardly any of the money gets to the designated charity .. I know, I worked for them ..

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
As far as I'm concerned the Masons have no benefit to society.. if they claim that giving to charities is good then they obviously haven't worked for charities as I have in the field and in the office... it's all BS...

For you information, giving to charities is the LEAST of what masons do. How about founding and spearheading a national child identification program? How about the dozens of Shriners hospitals all over the US that dont charge patients a CENT? How about the burn treatment centers? Or the Scottish Rite hospitals and treatment centers? Or how about the HUNDREDS of masonic retirement and assisted living homes? And I can't even start to mention the volunuteer work that masons do because it's all done on a lodge by lodge and individual basis. Why dont you do some research before posting?

thats the main ploy I hear out of these people and really... charity is garbage.. wanna make a difference? GO DO IT... don't give money .. money don't build houses, and don't put the food in your mouth ... Money just hires people who are easily bought with material possessions .. it's quiet the idea actually.. (money that is) ... but until I see some world changing "miracles" coming from the masons I'll still believe they are out for themselves...

Charities are for people who like to be praised by other people for the good things they should already be doing...

Masons pride themselves on the charities they give to and the charities they have founded. Most masons I know donate money ANONYMOUSLY. Yeah, real selfish.

It is my belief that the only secret to masonry is the knowledge of how to manipulate people ...

We should all be weary of these western medicine men selling us zen in a bottle..

Masonry isn't trying to sell you a damn thing. You can do whatever you want. All masons have ever tried doing is keeping to themselves. Masonry benefits its members by teaching us to be selfless, caring giving men.

To all the masons... I am only going on what I know about masons from what I've heard from masons...

Well you've just heard a lot from from a mason. Do some research and you'll find millions of examples of good deeds masons have done. That's the whole point of being a mason. We believe we are made better men by helping those less fortunate than ourselves.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join