It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Decided Not To Take Child To Hospital For 100 Degree Fever, Police Kick Down Their Door

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Relax!
The OP brought up cost, and it could be a valid point!

If I took my children to the hospital every time they had a fever of 100 I would still be in debt.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The hospitals here don't even want parents to bring kids in to the ER till their temperature gets over a hundred and two. WTF are the doctors in that hospital trying to do? The doctors do not even suggest to give the kid Tylenol or Ibuprofen unless the temp is higher than a hundred these days.

I think that doctor should lose his/her license, the doctors actions are not even professional at all. Doesn't that doctor read the changes they have done in medical science at all?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Relax!
The OP brought up cost, and it could be a valid point!

If I took my children to the hospital every time they had a fever of 100 I would still be in debt.

That was the OPs off hand comment......and has no bearing on the actual facts regarding the reason she didnt take them........

Instead of telling me to relax, how bout you understand the context of the post, the reason the mother didnt take them........

I have never taken our child to the ER for 100 degree temp........that was the point of what the OP said......its a routine fever....
edit on 3/27/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am a registered nurse. This is insane. It’s not even considered a fever until 100.4. And all the hospital was going to do was give the child some Tylenol.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well why would the police kick down the door and drag the child away, it seems that the child's welfare was not a priority, perhaps the hospitals bottom line was the priority, that's what my comments has do with it.

That's the point- it's the parents' job to make the decisions about the child's welfare, not the police.

They didn't kick down the door in the wee hours of the morning because the parents had the child cooking meth or running around with butcher knives. They kicked it down because the parents didn't take their child to the hospital for a 100 degree temperature. Do you have any kids? If you do, you will know that a temperature of 100 degrees is not dangerous for a child. Kids get fevers much higher than that relatively frequently in their first decade of life.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

And I agree this was ridiculous, I still think the cost of useless hospital visits is a valid point as to why a parent might not rush a child in for a non emergency.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I can only say this: I raised two happy, healthy children who are now productive members of society. While doing so, it would have been my honor to die in their defense.

Not my duty; my honor.

Incidents like this are going to end very badly before all is said and done.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

so un informed. Id respond if you knew what youre speaking too

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

so un informed. Id respond if you knew what youre speaking too

Yep I'm uninformed about how much it costs to take a child to the hospital, you know because we don't pay that kind of a thing in this country, also police don't kick down our doors to take our kids to hospital either, so yep I'm really clueless with this one, only you living in the land of the free know what that's like.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Don't let them trigger you so easily.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I can't help it I'm a triggered liberal snowflake...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Tissue?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Only one, pffft like that's going to be enough.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The reason it appears to be crazy to you is because this is their locus of control of the people. Tyranny will reign under the guise of caring about their people. I wonder what their definition 'their' people is. Does it mean something like their property?

" we the government care so, so, deeply about our people (even though we don't know any one of them from a bar of soap) will by any means necessary ensure they are protected, safe and well cared for."

What is their definition of 'care' is? does it mean "watched"
I wonder what their definition of 'safe is, Does it mean controlled?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You complete me..

edit on 28-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
eople seem to have ignored - or lost site of the fact that a doctors physical examination of the child - earlier in the day - sparked this farce . and further - the mother agreed to take the child ho hospital - and changed her mind

yes - i know that doctrs are not infalliable - but something in the childs history - or signs // symptoms - promoted the " take the child to hospital " statement

and lastly - the parrental intransogence - escalataed the situation to the swat team being the last resort

so - just remember that

ETA - to include :

several people have said in thread " you dont go to hospital with a 100 fever " - well - guess what the mother visited the doctor - on her own volition

edit on 28-3-2019 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

100 degrees? 100 degrees is a nothingburger. So it was a fever and no vaccinations. The no vaccinations part is why they were persecutes I think. As a medical professional I would never be too concerned with a simple fever of 100, especially if it was going down. I notice DCS in the article does not make any statements about how the child was going to die without being taken away, which leads me to believe the child was fine.

In fact in reading further, I don't know how they got a warrant. Getting a warrant means there is NO imminent danger to the child. So if the warrant is obtained due to the fever, and the family decision to not go to the hospital, then it must be that not doing so places the child in danger, only if a child is in imminent danger you act without a warrant. I think the parents are dumb, but this situation is really screwed up, and this is NOT my America.

The fact that DCS obtained a court-approved warrant shows this wasn’t an emergency that threatened the child's life or safety so there wasn’t time to file with the court, she said.

Arizona lawmakers designated limited circumstances for removing a child from their parent without a warrant: DCS must have probable cause to believe a child is at imminent risk of harm and there’s no less-intrusive alternative to removal

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes, which shows she is interested in the welfare of the child. Next time, or the next couple, will skip that visit knowing it will take away their parental rights and place children who are in actual danger at risk for death.

There was NO imminent danger to this child, zero. By asking for a warrant DCS admitted the child was in no danger.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
As usual you folks made it through two pages of on-your-high-horse condemnations without a one of you checking the facts. Does anyone REALLY think a physician would call, the police on a kid having a 100 degree temperature? Especially you nursey... have you ever known a doctor that would do that?

The FACT is, the kid had a fever of 105 --- which is life-threatening, especially in a child. It was the MOTHER who SAID it went down to 102 after they left the hospital. 105 is a life-threatening fever and requires emergent care. Wouldn't you say so nursey person? So, what say we check our facts when they just don't seem to add-up, eh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join