It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there ever really a Russian Hack regarding the email and DNC servers?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As if the Russian state are the only people who can use the Fancy Bear / Cozy Bear packages? For a supposed team of crack, state sponsored elite hackers, they sure left a lot of calling cards behind.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Exactly...almost...like they WANTED to be found.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Exactly...almost...like they WANTED to be found.

Almost like a Mannequin with no clothes 😎

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

CAT5 livewire to Moscow 😎

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I can't speak to the level of depth the incident response went to, I legitimately do not know the answer for any of the firms mentioned. If all that was done was malware analysis, I am inclined to agree that code re-use is a possibility. Now if the IR looked at the whole behavior of the actors involved, super elite state sponsored hackers are people too, and much like anyone else they are creatures of habit. In general people don't like to break their patterns when performing tasks, you get into a routine and that's what you follow, that's how APT groups can be attributed over a period of time.

They don't just look at the code used, they look at behavior, you see repeating behavior patterns over time (both 28 and 29 have been active a while). Check out APT 28 and APT 29 , these have breakdowns of their patterns. So if legitimate pattern analysis was performed, there can be a fairly high confidence attribution.

Now on to speculation about wanting to be found, if you wanted to cause havoc in an election cycle, and you were Russia, and your intelligence said that if a hack was performed and permitted to be found that it would cause said havoc, would you take extra steps to try and hide yourself?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
NO... THERE IS NO SHOWN EVIDENCE OF A RUSSIAN HACK OF THE DNC'S ASSETS.

Mueller's mention of them in the Barr summary is bizarre.

There is CrowdStrike's assessment, which came about from their analysis of the server, and was passed on to the FBI. They were hired by the DNC, because the DNC refused to allow FBI to see the DNC servers. (Which, as much as I detest these grifters, was the right call. NEVER give evidence to police you do not have to. Period.)

ALSO, there was the advisory "opinion of 17 Intel agencies", which was actually anything but. It was the opinion of 3 hand picked IC folks, hand picked by John Brennan.

That's it. It is touted as something it's not. There is not evidence to the contrary... and anyone who says there is is a liar.

Undisclosed evidence can be a lot of things, but one thing it is NOT, is "evidence".
edit on 29-3-2019 by dasman888 because: Edit

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: chr0naut

I hope thats a joke, because we have the worlds best cyber offensive capability.

So he was cyber shot and cyber killed?

Why do the Russians and Chinese always seem to breach US Cybersecurity, so easily?

And everyone keeps saying that the Chinese are stealing American tech. Why do the Chinese have a 5G phone system and there are no competitive US companies offering the capability?

Perhaps the US is falling behind on things "cyber"?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Has anyone dropped this here?

LAWSUIT SEEKS DOCUMENTS POTENTIALLY SHOWING FBI IGNORED INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY IG EVIDENCE THAT CHINESE HACKED CLINTON’S SERVER

I followed the links in the article too and found them not only interesting but making a damn good case. There's more on this than I realized. Hillary got us Shanghied, DiFi the Chinese spy employer provided cover too.

The IG tried to get the truth out. Check out the links in the above article on his experience in this aspect.

And news flash y'all: Russia is no existential threat to us. China on the other hand is and they're getting cocky--and smart--about it.

Please all you RUSSIA!! folk, educate yourself on the China threat. It's real.
edit on 29-3-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The IP bounce trace may lead back to a DNC contractor 😎

No wonder they're scared and trembling 😎

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Well you sound like you are actually in the cyber security industry and you seem like you know what you are talking about. What is your take on the Vault 7 tools leaked right around this time that show they specifically have tools in order to obfuscate the ultimate source of the hack? For example they are able to leave traces of Russian metadata or Russian colloquialisms to make it seem like they did it. I’m not saying that’s definitely what happened here, but it is interesting to think about.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Huh? Offensive cyber capabilities by the US government, defensive cyber capability of private companies and public infrastructure in China are 3 completely different things. Just because they all use the internet does not mean they are even related fields.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

Huh? Offensive cyber capabilities by the US government, defensive cyber capability of private companies and public infrastructure in China are 3 completely different things. Just because they all use the internet does not mean they are even related fields.

Are you unaware of the multiple hacks of the DOD and the Pentagon?

Of how the routers, supposedly of American design by American companies were actually assembled in China and were compromised with firmware that back-doored network systems and spied on the US government and its agencies, including the White House itself.

edit on 29/3/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Man, that's so right on. We've dropped the ball and the Dragon been playing hardball. As I see you're aware that's only a tiny part of their offensive successes.

Somebody needs to do a thread comprehensive of how successful they've been against us across multiple arenas. They'll come knocking one day, I hope we heed the alarm.

edit on 29-3-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Oh ok yeah. I gotcha. My mistake I didn’t realize that’s what you were talking about. You sort of answered your own question in your previous post as to why Huawai has set up 5g in China, yet we won’t do business with them anymore, nor will we interact with any counties who still rely on Chinese equipment for their infrastructure. The previous administrations let China set up shop and completely rape our companies and our gov secrets. Hopefully they have handled that issue, or they are working towards it now.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Man, that's so right on. We've dropped the ball and the Dragon been playing hardball. As I see you're aware that's only a tiny part of their offensive successes.

Somebody needs to do a thread comprehensive of how successful they've been against us across multiple arenas. They'll come knocking one day, I hope we heed the alarm.

The only true security would be to air gap their internal 'secret' networks from the wider net.

As the DNC e-mails affair shows, the slightest slip-up for convenience sake can be compromised.

The most secure encryption will not prevent criminals and spies from tying an admin to a chair and beating him over the knees with a pipe until he tells them the password.

If the data simply cannot move from network to network, by infrastructure design, then knowing a password to a system that you'll never get access to is pointless.

It could save the kneecaps of some anonymous admins, too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join