It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there ever really a Russian Hack regarding the email and DNC servers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This article here is a good read from 2016.

www.reuters.com...

To answer the question....

Do you think anyone from the trump campaign informed the authorities about all the russians contacting them?

No. There was no need to. A meeting is not hacking a server. Also, the Trump was not the RNC like HIllary IS the DNC.

I'll leave this here....since you quoted her and it fits.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So it's all well and good to question an official narrative, it's the point of this site. That being said, there are firms out there that investigated the hacks, firms that do not specifically have a political lean one way or the other. If people believe that they should beef up security, I agree. However even if you increase security at the organizations, no matter what you do, even if you completely remove something from outside access, if someone wants in...they're going to get in, and there's not a dang thing you can do about it.

Forensic evidence analyzed by several cybersecurity firms, CrowdStrike, Fidelis, and Mandiant (or FireEye), strongly indicates that two Russian intelligence agencies infiltrated the DNC computer systems. The American cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike, which removed the hacking programs, revealed a history of encounters with both groups and had already named them, calling one of them Cozy Bear and the other Fancy Bear, names which are used in the media.

That's from Wikipedia, Cozy Bear or APT 28 and Fancy Bear APT 29 are the ones that have been linked to the hacks. If you read some of the APT reports on the groups, there's a good bit of intel out there that both were operating well before the DNC hacks.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Could be the DNC systems were a *"unlocked back door"* for transmission of specific material to foreign entities.

Same for the Clinton private systems.

Perhaps the "images" submitted for "investigation" were "pre-made" duplicates that had a *"locked back door"*.

😎
edit on Mar-27-2019 by xuenchen because: banana democrats🍌

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The firm you quote is who we are talking about...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I always thought it was in part an excuse to hack the RNC and have someone to blame...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Which one of the three firms? I can't speak on behalf one of them due to my employment status, but I'm reasonably familiar with the business practices of all three. Now could something under the table have happened, I can't discount that. I would be however highly skeptical of a collusion of three competing firms, that's just my take on it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I don't discount that DISA and NSA should have been brought in to do a post compromise, however in my experience with them, I would go third party as well if I wanted it done as thoroughly as possible. Private firms have capabilities that sometimes require them to perform these types of investigations where there are deficiencies on the federal side.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Mueller lied?
About everything?

Yes, we know that DNC emails were stolen. By Russians.

Oh yeah... Phage backs it, so we must follow Phage's claims...

After all, Crowstrike is the same company that made another report claiming that "the same Russian hackers who hacked the DNC, also hacked Ukraine's artillery unit..."

By Ken Dilanian

The Russian military intelligence agency that stole information from the Democratic National Committee this year also employed its hacking tools to pinpoint and kill Ukrainian soldiers in 2014, according to a report released Thursday by a cyber security firm.

The company, Crowdstrike, was hired by the DNC to investigate the hack and issued a report publicly attributing it to Russian intelligence. One of Crowdstrike’s senior executives is Shawn Henry, a former senior FBI official who consults for NBC News. The firm employs other veterans of the FBI and the National Security Agency, the government’s digital spying arm.

Same Russians Who Hacked DNC Helped Target, Kill Ukrainian Soldiers

The only problem with that claim is that... IT NEVER HAPPENED...

It’s the same report that claimed Russian groups used malware on the DNC.

You want real evidence of who was "hacking" or aiding and abetting the hacking of Congresional pcs?...

Major Criminal Probe in Government Security Breach has Ties to Former DNC Chair

edit on 28-3-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

BTW, i think I made a thread about a former NSA official stating that after he looked at the evidence it looked like the hack was local with a thumb drive.

BTW that man, William Binney, was the architect of the NSA surveillance program. He was the NSA Technical Director.

edit on 28-3-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

When did I quote Hillary? I have been using the cell through most of the interaction so far outside of the few posts last night. I'm technologically challenge and haven't figured out how to copy and paste anything on the cell. And if I am quoting I am copying and pasting. I think the only quotes I posted where from the links I posted last night. So show me where I quoted the dead horse

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Although I think they more than likely didn't. I see a possibility so far out in left field it's actually in the right field of an entirely different game floating around frollicking with your but the govt is lying there was no Russian hack it's just a gigantic left wing conspiracy against trump. Oh wow. Look at that. Was that Hillary's right wing conspiracy story frollicking with the? But anyway. My answer would have to be I don't know.
Maybe someone who knew about that original message to Jr or Jr himself did contact the authorities and they were curious as to where it would go and gathered the group together the pres included. And it was the intelligence that has been guiding them to go to the meeting and asked them to wear wires. The were the ones that has kurshner trying to set up a back channel. And now they have Putin in the position where they think they have trusted friends inside the white house feeding them legitamant information for the next four to eight years. Would they think that would be worth a Hillary loss in the pres? Who knows. But I think it would blow everyones heads if it turned out like this.
edit on 28-3-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You did not quote Hillary except for that line in one of your responses....I was just having some fun.

As far as the Right Wing/Left Wing it was not. Remember, McCain and many others have been involved in this entire situation as well as other players who are now convicted if crimes including Manafort.

The reason this all seemed so odd is the two founders of CrowdStrike that I posted. Who and where they had worked in the past and the connections to those people who I feel helped to fabricate this.

Again, I am not saying Russia has never hacked the US but the DNC/Email business...I have never bought the official story.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well of we are talking about suspicious connections. I hear that out new ag is now in trumps legal team. Where he can get first hand info in what is going on in any investigation regarding trump? And his daughter is now in the financial crimes division. Keeping an eye on what is happening in that area??

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well hot damn!! That is the first that I have heard about the nefarious IP addresses being decommissioned almost a year before the hack! The supposed link to Russian hacking tool Fancy Bear is really no link at all! IMO, Crowdstrike definitely has some explaining to do - but we will probably never hear from them on this.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

YES!! Bill Binney's group VIPS (Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity) has come out and totally debunked the foreign hacker theory. I agree with everything I have read from VIPS on this subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

His son-in-law is. Hired after leaving the Justice Department.
His daughter is leaving the AG's office to work at FinCEN.

These two left because it could be construed as a conflict of interest working where their Dad and Father in Law is employed.

The son-in-law is in a different WH department than Giuliani's team and the Russian investigation for WH counsel. FinCEN, where she is going, reported to the Justice Department in 2016 about Russian hacking...nothing was done. Hmmmm...

So maybe it is a matter of putting people he trusts in positions he needs to be protected.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If it were just Crowdstrike I would be inclined to have even more doubt, but throw Mandiant and Fidelis into the mix. I tend to trust certain companies more than others, that's just me though. It is always good question to investigate further.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Mnadiant was purchased by FireEye who was initially funded by the CIA. Also, FireEye's firm Mandiant was hired by Russia's Alfa Bank to locate information on connections to Trump's servers and was also hired by Equifax to determine source of data breach and in both cases, Mandiant did not find anything conclusive. No DNC information found.

From what else I read Fidelis 'confirmed' CrowdStrike and Fireeye findings...this is a good read.

www.fidelissecurity.com...

So what does this mean? Who is responsible for the DNC hack? Based on our comparative analysis we agree with CrowdStrike and believe that the COZY BEAR and FANCY BEAR APT groups were involved in successful intrusions at the DNC. The malware samples contain data and programing elements that are similar to malware that we have encountered in past incident response investigations and are linked to similar threat actors.

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002019-03-28T14:29:33-05:000233 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join