It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't aliens make there presence known ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Humans suck. Thats why

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
If millions of people had seen aliens before recent times, we'd have written about it, within countless previous documents, ...but this is clearly not the case.

No, it is the case. It's called religion, it's called mythology, it's called history.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
You can see photos and films. Do you really think all those old pictures are fake?

What old pictures are you talking about?

I was talking about between the 40's and 80's, before faking photos became a national pastime.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
Humans suck. Thats why

Nah, we're fine. I doubt that we'd pose much of a threat or concern to the swarms of shadowy, vicious alien locusts and berskerers out there in the universe, tearing entire solar systems apart and feeding on the brains and dreams of any sad creatures that happen to inhabit them.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

"There's lots of mentally ill people that will say anything to get attention, yes."

Really? You think ALL the millions of people who have reported a UFO are mentally ill? This includes presidents, generals, admirals, scientist, astronauts, astronomers, doctors, lawyers, police, firefighters, janitors, your dog... well just about everyone.

And that is not even counting the tens of millions more who have not, because as you know, the polls show that for every reported occurrence, there are ten not reported.

You think they are ALL mentally ill?

edit on 16-4-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: astro no mers

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
“That's a bold statement.”

Not to me. It is based on years of reading information that has been researched and collected in abundance. It is called history, religion and mythology. You just have to look at it the correct way to see it. That is the part you - and many others - are having trouble with.

“Where can I read about all of this? some shady website writen by a guy who believes Human beings were created 500.000 years ago to mine for gold?”

Shady? The guy was a historian and what he was telling you is what your great grandparents wrote. Once again, it is called history. But if you do not know already where to read about all this and you still do not know that NASA is the real shady one here then you are a newbie and too far behind for me to waste my time trying to catch you up.

edit on 16-4-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: open your minds people

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I was talking about between the 40's and 80's, before faking photos became a national pastime.

That doesn't really answer my question, and faking photos has been done almost since the invention of photography.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Considering how many classic cases involved hillbillies opening fire on the space goblins or whatever they are, and how often UFOs play with military bases and nuclear weapons/energy facilities, if these things are space aliens they sure don't have any fear of our weapons.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Svaba
What is so hard about this?

Would you expose yourself, completely different as a species, to a civilization that would just assume kill you or keep you in a cage for 100+ years as a test subject?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
They are making their presence known,otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about it.They do so however in a controlled and limited way.The UFO phenomenon walks that fine line between the real and the deniable.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
haven't they already in a sense? I mean, all these accounts can't all be made up, or hoaxes over all these years, right? I mean that would be statistically impossible wouldn't it?

An excellent point. I've always thought out of all the many many accounts people have made at least a handful are genuinely true

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Would you expose yourself, completely different as a species, to a civilization that would just assume kill you or keep you in a cage for 100+ years as a test subject?

If I had the means to stop them from killing me or capturing me, yes.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
They don't see us as intelligent enough or simply can't see us due to not being from earth and evolved passed primitive things like biological sensory usage for communicating. If they got out of their star system... Successfully survived and eventually thrived, the gap between their intelligence and ours is greater than man and any species on earth. Their brains simply aren't equipped with such aged communicational devices.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
They don't see us as intelligent enough or simply can't see us due to not being from earth and evolved passed primitive things like biological sensory usage for communicating. If they got out of their star system... Successfully survived and eventually thrived, the gap between their intelligence and ours is greater than man and any species on earth. Their brains simply aren't equipped with such aged communicational devices.

Why is it that so many think that ET has to be so many millennia beyond Earth?

Terrestrials, good ole Humans from Earth have ALL the pieces necessary to travel the stars, it will only take a few decades or so to actually realize this knowledge in technology, and then, y'all will be the equals of ET.

You see, it isn't an "intelligence" thing, Humans are intellectual equals to Extraterrestrials, the real issue is "time"; y'all haven't had enough time to develop your knowledge, and science into technology...yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonBay

originally posted by: gunshooter
haven't they already in a sense? I mean, all these accounts can't all be made up, or hoaxes over all these years, right? I mean that would be statistically impossible wouldn't it?

An excellent point. I've always thought out of all the many many accounts people have made at least a handful are genuinely true
I resemble that remark. I'm one of the "Real" peoples lol lol

Through the years I have battled intellectually with some of the most brilliant minds ever to grace ATS. I have won some, and lost some, of those battles. But there are areas they dare not debate. Probably for a very good reason.

So, how would a "Alien" communicate with us, without, communicating, with us?

I wonder!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Svaba

(FYI: I'm an software engineer, over 60, involved with the internet and various theories since the 80's, and have been following "alien" stuff since the Schreiber book was published. However, I just joined this forum.)

I believe in "aliens" however, I have a different perspective about who and what they are. I will post about this as soon as I have my "20 replies". However, I do have several questions...

* If "aliens" are so secretive, why do sightings of "UFOs" always seem to be covered with lights? Seems to me that they would want to be more stealthy....

* If aliens have been around flying UFOs for eons, why the hell do they crash so often? I would expect that after flying these things for literally thousands of years, they would have perfected their engineering by now. Statistically compared with regular old Jet Aircraft, based on their seemingly low number vs high failure rate, UFOs are seemingly dropping like files.

* Every alien image or rendering I have ever seen (yes there are many "species") shows these things with gumby-like jelly bodies with extremely little ability to articulate their hands, arms, legs, etc. How can they possibly manipulate physical tools well enough to construct even a doghouse, much less a very physically complex UFO "spaceship"?

* Why are there so many different types, sizes and shapes of aliens? Does anyone here have a plausible reason for that? I have my own theory, but I want other ideas, and I can't post yet.

* I understand the "bending space/time concept", but that is just an unproven theory. (Remember, science claims that, with film footage, footprints, and *million*s of eyewitnesses worldwide, that "Bigfoot" is either a "man in a suit", "bear", "mass illusion", etc.) so... It seems a little bit of a stretch to me that UFOs are able to travel here from tens to millions of light years away. I have heard people say that they came here as a result of "monitoring our technology", radio frequency emissions, the atomic bomb explosions, etc. If they are millions of LIGHT years away, how could they respond to these FAR SLOWER THAN LIGHT signals from earth in such a seemingly relative immediate way?

I'm sorry, but I tent to want to look at thins in a "plausible" fashion. Some of the UFO info I hear does not seem to "jive" with other UFO info. Perhaps there is a lot of misinformation.

Occam's Razor makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LWB78750
* Every alien image or rendering I have ever seen (yes there are many "species") shows these things with gumby-like jelly bodies with extremely little ability to articulate their hands, arms, legs, etc. How can they possibly manipulate physical tools well enough to construct even a doghouse, much less a very physically complex UFO "spaceship"?

The hands are difficult to draw.

PS: welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LWB78750
a reply to: Svaba

(FYI: I'm an software engineer, over 60, involved with the internet and various theories since the 80's, and have been following "alien" stuff since the Schreiber book was published. However, I just joined this forum.)

I believe in "aliens" however, I have a different perspective about who and what they are. I will post about this as soon as I have my "20 replies". However, I do have several questions...

* If "aliens" are so secretive, why do sightings of "UFOs" always seem to be covered with lights? Seems to me that they would want to be more stealthy....

* If aliens have been around flying UFOs for eons, why the hell do they crash so often? I would expect that after flying these things for literally thousands of years, they would have perfected their engineering by now. Statistically compared with regular old Jet Aircraft, based on their seemingly low number vs high failure rate, UFOs are seemingly dropping like files.

* Why are there so many different types, sizes and shapes of aliens? Does anyone here have a plausible reason for that? I have my own theory, but I want other ideas, and I can't post yet.

* I understand the "bending space/time concept", but that is just an unproven theory. (Remember, science claims that, with film footage, footprints, and *million*s of eyewitnesses worldwide, that "Bigfoot" is either a "man in a suit", "bear", "mass illusion", etc.) so... It seems a little bit of a stretch to me that UFOs are able to travel here from tens to millions of light years away. I have heard people say that they came here as a result of "monitoring our technology", radio frequency emissions, the atomic bomb explosions, etc. If they are millions of LIGHT years away, how could they respond to these FAR SLOWER THAN LIGHT signals from earth in such a seemingly relative immediate way?

I'm sorry, but I tent to want to look at thins in a "plausible" fashion. Some of the UFO info I hear does not seem to "jive" with other UFO info. Perhaps there is a lot of misinformation.

Occam's Razor makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks!

So who says ETs are 'secretive''? They're obviously not. They have avoided open contact with the world at large, so far, and so appear elusive to us. This may be part of a plan to very gradually accustom us to their presence, instead of barging in all at once. That could cause severe problems, as careless contacts between previously unacquainted human groups have shown.
Tales of crashed UFOs are often unsubstantiated. Even if this has happened on occasion, it's not at all clear that this is a common occurrence. We should realize that no technology can be expected to work perfectly, no matter how advanced. The better the technology, the more challenging the demands placed upon it. There will always be a margin for error.
If we follow the reports that ETs come in a variety of shapes, how can they all have jelly-like bodies, and clumsy appendages? Those that do may be wearing suits to protect them from an unfamiliar environment. Many reports appear to describe agile, tool-manipulating entities. The variety of shapes reported for extraterrestrials could simply reflect the fact that we are seeing independently evolved beings,the citizens of many different worlds.

We do not yet know how it might be possible to travel swiftly between the stars. There is already a theoretical foundation for warping space in pursuit of this goal. Dr. White, at NASA, is already testing a version of this theory in his experimental laboratory, with some intriguing preliminary results.

It may be that our technological activities have made us conspicuous to nearby extraterrestrials, and that this has sparked their interest in us. Our radio waves have already touched many star systems. Even some of our space probes have, or soon will leave our solar system, and begin their journeys to the stars.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: james1947

We do not have the pieces necessary to travel the stars. Humans aren't biologically equipped to even be off earth but a few years. Our bodies are built by earth's physics and that ecological design. It's actually quite frightening hearing about what happens to astronauts after spending long periods of time off earth and there's many many question marks as well as scientists and doctors studying the physiological effects on these individuals. The more learned ... the more we realize ... humans must somehow evolve to something else while off earth (which by the knowledge we have thus far means... not in this lifetime if ever). Eventually it would have to be a jellyfish type being because even our bone density will not sustain long periods traversing even our solar system. We have yet to even become a CIV 1. Rocket Propulsion, our anatomical state, our brain's caloric intake to function... we simply use way too much energy and consume way too much earth based foods. In order to obtain the energy needed for this means AT LEAST becoming a Civ 2... which means a good couple hundred years of advancing in technology that can convert everything in our solar system to energy.

Now if artificial intelligence does what some people like M. Kaku believe... A.I. is our best bet to answering a lot of question marks that right now are hindering us from somehow leaving earth for long periods. You know... we're not even sure exactly WHERE our solar system ends.... :/

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LWB78750

I see Ross has posted some good answers to some of your questions. I will try and add to that. Let’s do the easy question first:

* Why are there so many different types, sizes and shapes of aliens? *

Because there are a lot of different species visiting us, from many different planets. You might recall years ago that one whistleblower said there were 57 varieties that he knew of.

* If "aliens" are so secretive, why do sightings of "UFOs" always seem to be covered with lights? Seems to me that they would want to be more stealthy.... *

Always a great question. The first craft I saw, the whole thing was glowing like plasma. So whoever was inside must not have been overly concerned about being seen. The second one appeared to be red lights from a distance. As it got closer those lights turned to fire, like what a gas balloon has under it. But at its closest approach the fire turned out to be ~ that’s right ~ plasma.

I think I saw one of Lazars “sport models”. Because at the top of the saucer there were vents. What my father and I saw appeared to be red plasma streaming upwards out of these vents as it spun, kind of like red steam venting upward but more substantial than steam. So what appeared to be lights from a distance may actually have been a propulsion effect, like smoke trails from a jet.

Now I know a lot of people describe actual lights seen during their sightings. The only excuses I have for this is that it is very crowded up there in our skies they do not want to get hit by other aircraft. And human aircraft have lights so maybe they just want to blend in to the crowd.

*I have heard people say that they came here as a result of "monitoring our technology", radio frequency emissions, the atomic bomb explosions… *

Well first off, according to what our ancestors wrote, they were here before us. Obviously since they created us. They were here looking for gold, which we have learned is very useful for a spacefaring society. But once they took the gold and left, people slowly stopped believing in them and thousands of years later people think they are purely myth and were never real. If you do not believe in that part yet, let’s jump to the current crop of visitors.

If they are not here because those ancient astronauts told them about us, then they are probably here because we are a water planet and water planets have life.

Radio was invented in 1895 but was localized to Italy. Did aliens in space pick up those radio waves? The Aurora, Texas, UFO crash occurred in 1897, near the end of the airship wave of 1896. Were they here because of those first insignificant radio waves? Seems doubtful. But radio waves did become big time in the 1920’s, so it could be that is what brought the newer wave of visitors.

Obviously the atomic bomb theory is bogus, because they were here before the bombs. The first 20th century report I can think of offhand was Fatima in 1917. The first modern saucer report I can think of was 1928 in Tibet by Nicholas Roerich, the guy who was looking for Shangri-La. Then we had the Black Forrest crash circa 1935 which gave the Nazi’s their technical head start. Then there was the Cape Girardeau, Missouri crash in 1941, which appears to have been a real crash after all. This was may have been when the US government first realized Earth was being visited. Then we have “The Battle of Los Angeles” in 1942, which was the first major government cover-up of alien visitation. There were hardly any public eyewitness’s at Cape Girardeau, but with the LA event they had a whole city as eyewitnesses. This is where they first came up with the wholly comical “weather balloon” excuse. You might recall that they easiest thing to shoot down in World War One was a balloon. Apparently by World War Two they were nearly impossible to shoot down. Or the military/government are just lousy liars. Not hard to know which makes more sense.

But like Cape Girardeau, they may also have had wreckage from LA. The saucers did not crash though, they were shot down and apparently one landed in the ocean and another landed in the mountains. There is government paperwork about these two discs and their recovery. So at this point the military may have already had three ruined disc in their possession.

Then came the “Foo Fighters”, which were first seen by British, American, German and Japanese pilots in 1944.

All of these UFO’s were seen BEFORE any atomic bombs were even invented, let alone exploded.

* It seems a little bit of a stretch to me that UFOs are able to travel here from tens to millions of light years away. *

No need for millions. There are 1,000 stars within 55 light-years of us, 46 of those are like the sun. The nearest planet is 4.3 light years away. Even Zeta Reticuli is only 39.3 light years away. The Motherships are fairly large and could pack one heck of an engine in them. They are the ones that make the light year leaps. How they do that we do not know but some whistleblowers have told us that they bend space to get here. When they get here those mothers dock under the sea or in orbit or on the Moon or Mars. The little ones that crash do not travel for light years; they come aboard the big mother carriers.

* If aliens have been around flying UFOs for eons, why the hell do they crash so often? *

Nobody’s perfect. Neither are machines. The two Roswell craft were either hit by lightning during the storm or hit each other trying to avoid the lightning. Another theory says that radar waves screwed them up. This has some credence in the fact that the Aztec crash of 1948 was in the same area. Could something as simple as radar waves played havoc with their guidance systems? If so, one thing seems clear, they solved the problem because the crashes stopped happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join