It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't aliens make there presence known ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I find it funny that you offered Brexit as a possible explanation. Or any individual person.

The truth is, we just don't know the answer. First, we have no idea if there is intelligent life on other planets. Then, if there is indeed life on other planets, we don't know the scale of it. And the scale is pretty important if you hope to draw any sort of conclusion because there could be limitless intelligent life forms. And we cannot even begin to comprehend all the possible ways every single one of them could have developed. There's just no way to know. And then, what if there are some kind of Space laws and order of which we know nothing about. But it's fun to think about that's for sure.

But I can tell you one thing for certain; as many of you have already stated, we're just not ready to be introduced to other intelligent life forms.
edit on 623k2019Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 624k2019Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah, it was. Part of the story was the "forever men of ATS" who stood as network hubs.

Also Big Black Triangle UFOs and ALICCE; an ancient but "bossy" AI from a previous civilisation.

AIs in the net and power grid? They could be like independant computer worms wandering around in cyberspace.

Well they're probably gonna be fried or mutated by the 1st use of EMP weapons.

Hmm, maybe from their point of view an EM pulse might be like a breath of freash air. The "Fremantle Doctor" - a sea breaze that blows away the heat and pollution of the city.

It is concievable that a global EM war that turns off the grid might be considered a good thing by some. So too a super "Carrington Event".

Just depends on yer view I spose.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Hi, I've avoided ever responding to many of your posts as I have seen you are level headed and a serious thinker and I respect that.

But I can tell you one thing for certain; as many of you have already stated, we're just not ready to be introduced to other intelligent life forms.

This does not sit well with me.

Who gets to decide the human race is not ready?

The MIC?

Our elected politicians who have sold their souls to lobbyists?

An inter racial focus group?

Sometimes a bandage needs to be ripped off quickly and let sunshine on the wound.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AlanHenderson

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe they don't want their observations to be tainted by us knowing FOR CERTAIN we are being documented.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sometimes a bandage needs to be ripped off quickly and let sunshine on the wound.

That idea is scary Con, and perhaps the best idea.

Nothing else has worked.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I don't know, there are too many possibilities, it's mind-boggling!

We don't know who's visiting us and what's their agenda. We don't know if it's one alien race or maybe more. We don't know if and how many of them made contact with any government. And that's pretty important if you want to begin to theorize if any individual human being or government has any sort of voice on the matter. And then, there's a problem of trying to guess the nature of the alien being(s) visiting us. We don't know their culture. We don't know how their society is shaped. What if we're being visited by a small secret fraction of an alien race, and what if they didn't get the permission from their ruling body to come here and interact with us, but they're here anyway for whatever their goal might be, and that would explain all the secrecy? Maybe it's them who don't want their presence to be known, as they would face some kind of consequences. But I can tell you this. The only reason for secrecy is when you're doing something sinister...

But then, one has to wonder why would an alien race need to make contact with any particular government. Maybe our radars can detect them. Maybe our weapons can hurt them. And in order to avoid risk losing some of your ships, you make a deal with the most powerful nation on our planet. And you give them something in return. Who knows, but it sure is fun to think about.

Anyway, personally, I don't believe whoever is visiting us has altruistic intentions. They are here for their own selfish reasons. And I think that would explain all the secrecy.

edit on 755k2019Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 755k2019Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
This does not sit well with me.

Some random person on the Internet.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think we could say this another way - they haven’t shown themselves to ALL of us but probably to SOME of us.

After all of my reading about “them” I suspect that “we” do have a lot to do with them not goin open Komodo. I do bet they’re here and TPTB know that.

We’re a pretty ugly species - which has only been made uglier in the age of social media. If they intercepted these communications you’d realize we’re not to be trusted, self-absorbed, disorganized, slanderous and generally not-so-great. They might pick up on a few of us who seem to be less that way but then step back and realize that’s somewhat the minority, we’re armed to the teeth, barbarous by nature and there’s a LOT of us.

There would have to be something here they really, really needed/wanted in terms of resource or they realize that we - in mass - are inching closer to becoming more active in space... which means at some point we’ll come to them at scale.

I think this all speaks to why we have a “secret space force”/ET/UFO tech that stays very black boxed. They confine their interaction to those who can handle ET interaction in a way that is controlled, intelligent or collaborative - for their own safety. This also explains why it would likely be members of the military/diplomats who interact with these people - they can handle themselves in unfamiliar and stressful situations.

Interesting thread OP. So much talk about them not showing themselves with the assumption being because they don’t exist - yet very little being done to show them we’re a safe spot to visit openly.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The advanced civilisation watching us..I would guess.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't believe aliens would let their presence be know due to the Control Factor.

The majority of humans are unaware or don't take such things seriously....they're the Control Group.

I saw behind the veil a few times and it was not benevolent.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What if an alien materialized right away n front of you and you were like.... Cool with it, would it be like cool we been waiting for one of you guys to not freak out, coming for a ride in our spaceship.

I think flight if the navigator had an immense effect on my young self, we did share the same name and age at the time I seen it however lol. But seriously what if they are just waiting on us to stop freaking out, they have been conditioning us since Roswell.

Possibly

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If certain governments go the brain implant path to control soldiers and produce psychic abilities. That would pose a huge threat to the neighbors.

So rather than wait untill such a race of borg leave the earth to expand uncontrolably, a sensible "neighbor" would probably show interest in humanity when technology became advanced enough. They would keep an eye on developements untill the danger became inevitable.

That is when they would probably intervein strike.

In that scenario, our neighbors would not be benevolent towards us at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With the world being so crazy today - as it is - if ETs made contact people probably wouldn't even notice.

The BROOKINGS REPORT also is something to note.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: trippy123

Hi trippy. Interesting.

From the Brooking Report PDF.

It has been speculated that, of all groups, scientists and engineers might be the most devastated by the discovery of relatively superior creatures, since these professions are most clearly associated with the mastery of nature, rather than with the understanding and expression of man. Advanced understanding of nature might vitiate all our theories at the very least, if not also require a culture and perhaps a brain inaccessible to earth scientists.

Science has caused a whole heap of problems by not having any self discipline in their "mastery of Nature".

It might not be a bad thing to see an end to science.

edit on 31-3-2019 by AlanHenderson because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That's because (they're, their, there) are no aliens coming here.

We're on our own; make the best of it, cherish life.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Thanks, these are my sentiments exactly.

The only reason for secrecy is when you're doing something sinister... But then, one has to wonder why would an alien race need to make contact with any particular government. Maybe our radars can detect them. Maybe our weapons can hurt them. And in order to avoid risk losing some of your ships, you make a deal with the most powerful nation on our planet. And you give them something in return.

Who knows, but it sure is fun to think about. Anyway, personally, I don't believe whoever is visiting us has altruistic intentions.

these are my sentiments exactly. It is better to err on the side of caution. We have no idea if they are benevolent.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Some random person on the Internet.

Hey, I qualify for that. I'll make the decision!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Malevolent/benevolent are human centric terms.

One can also think in terms of intent.

In which case one might ask "what do they intend?"

The answer may not have much to do (directly) with humanity.
edit on 2-4-2019 by AlanHenderson because: Added the word directly

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's due to the exact same reason that only really drunk people see flying pink elephants.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join