It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smollett hoax attacks White MAGA fans, Mayor Emmanuel maligns MAGA fans while condemning Smollett

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Lately I have been noticing a trend.

There will be times when people will respond to a moment by claiming to seek unity, and condemning all kinds of bigotry or hatred. This is good. Often times this can be the one positive that comes out of bad situations, as we can come together despite our differences in the name of fighting evil or bigotry.

However, many times people are signalling their condemnation of all bigotry, and yet they themselves are so engulfed in their own bigotry (usually through cultural marxists identity politics) that their statement ends up being bigoted.

Here is a thread I did as an example, where Dems sought to deflect from the supposed bigotry of one of their own, and so condemned all bigotry, but the resolution only mentioned bigotry against marginalized groups committed by white people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes their are white bigots, yes they should be called out. But to act like you are condemning all hate, and then only listing "marginalized groups", and when mentioning specific instances only mentioning white (oppressor group to the cultural marxists) perpetrators fuels the idea we see that its ok to hate these oppressor groups.

That brings us to today.

Rahm Emmanuel, mayor of Chicago and Obama ally, rightfully called out the dropping of the Smollett charges as a "whitewash"

He talks about the victims of Smolletts hoax.

Gay men and women who will come forward and one day say they were a victim of a hate crime now will be doubted. People of faith — Muslim or any other religious faith who will be a victim of hate crimes; people of also of all walks of life, of backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, now this casts a shadow of whether they’re telling the truth, and he did this all in the name of self-promotion. And he used the laws of the hate crime legislation that all of us collectively over years have put on the books to stand up to be the values that embody what we believe in.

www.chicagotribune.com...

He is right. Hoaxes like this do hurt real victims of crimes. So a hate crime hoax would potentially cause people to think twice in the next situation where a person does suffer a real hate crime.

Now notice he doesnt talk about the other group that was harmed. Smollett not only advanced this hoax for personal financial gain. He also chose this particular hoax to help further his political narrative; that trump and his supporters are racist bigots.

And the media jumped on that angle, and smeared Trump supporters in just that way, just like in the Covington story.

Why no mention of the effects on Trump supporters by Mayor Rahm here?

Honestly, I wouldnt have cared to evn make a thread or comment on this if that was it. I could have been an oversight, but most likely he wasn't going to mention trump supporters being smeared because Rahm doesnt like Trump.

But that wasnt it. Rahm had to take it a step further.

But then I cannot stress that in a time when you have people bringing a moral equivalency in Virginia between bigots and those fighting bigotry, and you have a person using hate crime laws that are on the books to protect people, who are minorities, from violence, to then turn around and use those laws to advance your career and your financial reward. Is there no decency in this man?

When he is discussing Virginia, he means Charlottesville.

This is a thinly veiled swipe at Trump. Again the lie being spread that Trump was ok with white supremacist. Again with the defense of groups like antifa. "they are called anti fascists! So they have to be better than the fascists they are fighting!"

So think about what happened here.

A celebrity that hates Trump and his followers made up a hoax that his racist homophobic supporters beat him. The media pushed this story and criticized racist homophobic Trump supporters.

The mayor is angry that the maker of this hoax, despite being guilty, is let free by a prosecutor. And while condemning this, he mentions all of teh victims of this hoax except Trump supporters, and then basically maligns them by swiping at Trump.

Lets do a thought experiment

Lets say a middling Trump supporting actor, James Woods, makes up a hoax that hispanics waving mexican flags and wearing Bernie shhirts beat him up while calling him a racist Trump supporter.

Fox news and others then call out illegal Hispanics and bernie supporters.

Then the hoax is revealed. And as the mayor of the city condemns this he says the following

"The real victims here are future white people that will be attacked by hispanic Bernie supporters. Now people may not believe them. This is especially bad in a world where we had that situation in the ball field where Scalise was shot"

So make only the group that the actor supports seem like the only victim, and even swipe at Bernie by bringing up his supporter shot Scalise.

People would be outraged and ridicule this to no end.

Yet that is what happened with Emmanuel.

The point of this thread is to once more show that even when some of these cultural marxist try to take an opportunity to condemn all bigotry, they can't help but show contempt for the groups they find to be "oppressors", even when that was the group targeted by the hoax.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He knows Trump supporters will never vote for him. He's speaking, supporting only his base. He's a political animal. All politics all the time. No surprises.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If TPTB are really trying to start a race war and divide us, this would be a good straw to add to the camels back.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The news conference was typical Chicago Style BS.

A mix of feigned outrage and controlled opposition.

Chicago has been a Democrat infested safe zone since 1932.

The whole Smollett hoax backfired and they are scrambling to recoup from the possible backlash 😆

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

If TPTB are really trying to start a race war and divide us, this would be a good straw to add to the camels back.

There is no if about it and it's not only race. It's political, spiritual, social and class.

All if is off the table.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
These same idiots were saying that responding with "all lives matter" was racist, lol are now trying to use broad strokes to explain away blatant racist attacks against white people

You cant make this crap up......

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Trump supporters are not your average every day people. Majority of people are good and decent whereas Trump supporters not so much.

How can you say otherwise when the man they support is immoral, crooked and disgusting.

Also conservatives in general, no matter the race or religion are scum without morals and decency. They will use this fake attack to justify blaming any victim of a hate crime as making it up and looking for attention.

They live in a world where racism/bigotry doesn't exist because Obama was president while blaming him for their own racism/bigotry.

Rather than call out people who commit crimes in the name of their politics, they attempt to lay the blame on others while completely ignoring their own rhetoric. After spending years demonizing Islam and Muslims and then some crazy bas**rd shoots and kills them, they will turn around and look to blame others completely forgetting about their own BS.

Not too mention, their reaction to Muslims being shot up is to look for stories where Muslims are the perpetrator of violence. They didn't even wait till the bodies were cold before they went into blame mode by blaming the left, Muslims/Islam and everybody but taking a look at themselves as part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Y'all can think there's a collusion conspiracy with Smollett and elected Dems all you'd like since its your opposition but I'm staying true to the cause and denying ignorance.

He acted of his own free will, his own activism, his own passions as he sees himself being a gay part-black identifying as black in America. He had the money and the social connections or power to do it, is radical about the cause, and was doing lots of strong drugs that everyone seems to overlook as one or both of the Nigerian brothers had gotten him MDMA otherwise known as Molly or Ecstasy for him for $ on more than one occasion as they told police or was found in phone convos.

I've known a few people who use it or I inadvertently bump into them in night life, friend of a friend or acquaintance. They always did other drugs too, and hard ones at that.

Anyways, you're a young black gay actor getting some fame, passionate about your anti-racism and your perceived victimization by the country, but mostly the white people who don't like blacks and gays. You're making a lot of money, not as much as big actors, but you've got at least a million in assets and worth.

You're into your culture stuff, music, whatever you do in your gay scene and you do MDMA plus whatever else. Your ego is going to be out of this world, you'll come up with some grandiose ideas like this one. Some people are into their cause too much and do something dramatic for it while also getting fame or infamy such as shootings like in Christchurch recently.

Wikileaks is never going to get or release the secret emails because they're in cahoots with leftists.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 0n514ught

Put the booze down.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I could not even believe I was reading this. You legitimately trying to justify what Smollet did here?

this Jussie Smollett situation is out of control..where he targets a specific political party/hoaxes a racist and separately, homophobic/sexuality-based hate crime, and it gets "expunged" last minute during an emergency hearing or whatever they called it... this whole thing is a joke but people still find ways to defend Smollet AND the media, and deny what actually happened (the Kamala Harris connection, and now the "Michelle Obama's former chief of staff/aide" connection, & Soros 400k donation into the PAC that helped Harris get elected... all of the media, MSM & hollywood being 'resisters' and now the Russia Collusion narrative of the past couple years is done, but none of them have admitted or apologized for anything. Snakes and sociopaths.

So are you defending Smollett, and how even are you connecting this to the NZ shooting? it almost sounded like you defended the Christchurch perp?

Anyways, you're a young black gay actor getting some fame, passionate about your anti-racism and your perceived victimization by the country, but mostly the white people who don't like blacks and gays. You're making a lot of money, not as much as big actors, but you've got at least a million in assets and worth.

You're into your culture stuff, music, whatever you do in your gay scene and you do MDMA plus whatever else. Your ego is going to be out of this world, you'll come up with some grandiose ideas like this one.

Some people are into their cause too much and do something dramatic for it while also getting fame or infamy such as shootings like in Christchurch recently.

Congratulations. You just played yourself

edit on 26-3-2019 by FamCore because: pic

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I really hope someone's preparing FOIA requests right now...

How to File a FOIA in Illinois

The case may be sealed, but with the efforts to transfer it to the FBI from the CPD, I'll bet there are plenty of emails to be found discussing it in city hall, DA's office, etc. At the very least between Foxx and Johnson...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm sick of the responses of you're racist, no you're racist, I'm not racist you calling me racist makes you the racist!

Geez I am on staycation this week and finding myself on here more than usual, between 2 sick kids, cleaning the house, Zynga and ats.

Give me something positive to read guys

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Imagine my surprise when I come across a post spouting complete and utter garbage only to notice it's from a brand new account. Obvious shill is obvious.

edit on 26-3-2019 by DantesPeak because: Added who I was replying to

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Trump supporters are not your average every day people. Majority of people are good and decent whereas Trump supporters not so much.

How decent of you to say that.

How can you say otherwise when the man they support is immoral, crooked and disgusting.

Yes. Hilary was so much better.

Also conservatives in general, no matter the race or religion are scum without morals and decency.

Yeah, I should have taken my own advice on how to address a progressive when talking politics.

STFU, and just listen.
Your nothing but a jellyfish. By that I mean, just like a jellyfish, your mouth is also your anus. #talking$h!t

edit on 26-3-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Put the booze down.

I didn't know Silly drank. That explains so, so much.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Y'all can think there's a collusion conspiracy with Smollett and elected Dems all you'd like since its your opposition but I'm staying true to the cause and denying ignorance.

He provided the elected Dems with a talking point and they colluded to get a bill past. Denying ignorance, you call it. lol. The only way a Democrat could deny ignorance at this point would be to leave their party.
edit on 26-3-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DantesPeak

Imagine my surprise when I come across a post spouting complete and utter garbage only to notice it's from a brand new account. Obvious shill is obvious.

We get rid of one troll and two show back up. Best just to ignore, obviously they're not intelligent enough to have a rational and civil debate with anyways. I don't see this one lasting to long.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

That's where you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. If you just pay attention to people with your same world view you will get trapped in a bubble real fast. It seems that's what most of these political mud pit threads have become just a bunch of like minded "patriots" parroting each other and calling anyone that disagrees with them childish names. We will never get anywhere with that type of mindset.
edit on 27-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I support Trump and lean conservative.
I for one, would never condemn such a large group of people as 'scum without morals or decency'
Doing that is the equivalent of what you accuse conservatives of doing for the rest of your hateful post after you called me, and millions others, 'scum without morals or decency', even though you have never met them.

Do you see how backwards you think?
Don't you see how YOU are the ugly one?
Why would you so passionately condemn soo many people in such a mean way, then spend the rest of your post doing the same thing you accuse them of?

Doesn't that seem silly to you? Or are you just so blinded by the hate of someone who has a different opinion than you?

People who think like you are the one of the, if not the biggest problem in the USA

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: mtnshredder

That's where you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. If you just pay attention to people with your same world view you will get trapped in a bubble real fast. It seems that's what most of these political mud pit threads have become just a bunch of like minded "patriots" parroting each other and calling anyone that disagrees with them childish names. We will never get anywhere with that type of mindset.

You definitely have to expose yourself to other viewpoints. But I think this person is speaking from experience. I myself have wasted a lot of time trying to talk sense into some of these people and they really don't care about the truth, unless it concludes with Trump and supporters being the filth of the humanity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join