It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

38 percent of stored grain has been lost due to flooding USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

why use expensive human hair when chicken feathers or hogs hair are much cheaper and readily available?
www.vrg.org...

While researching L-cysteine, The VRG asked several fast food chains and a major vegetarian food company about the sources of L-cysteine in their products. McDonald's told us that L-cysteine derived from duck feathers is in their Honey Wheat Roll, the Deluxe Warm Cinnamon Roll, and the Baked Apple Pie. The L-cysteine in several items offered at Dunkin' Donuts is also derived from duck feathers. Burger King told us in June 2007 that it "could not guarantee" the source of L-cysteine in its products. On the other hand, Subway recently announced in March 2007 that it has removed the L-cysteine from its otherwise animal product-free Carb Conscious Wrap. When asked about the source of L-cysteine in several of its products, Domino's Pizza told us that L-cysteine is "microbially derived" in its Hand-Tossed Crust and informed us that the L-cysteine in Domino's Breadsticks, Cheesy Bread, and Cinna Stix is "vegetable-derived." The public relations firm for Morningstar Farms told us that the L-cysteine in their Veggie Bites Country Scramble, Veggie Bites Spinach Artichoke, and Veggie Bites Eggs Florentine was a "microbial fermentation product."

edit on 26-3-2019 by dubiousatworst because: quote added

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: ketsuko

Supposedly civilization has been reset on multiple occasions possibly from natural disasters such as this. Scary to think something as simple as a flood could end civilization as we know it! History repeating itself?

I don't think we'll get that lucky.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
We might stock up on cheese, meat, flour.

Just sayin'. . . .

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wha about guns? Ammo too?

Oh, buy gold! Because in a pinch, you can eat it.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Reee.

Nothing wrong with stocking up, Island boi.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Actually, L-cysteine is mostly made from chicken feathers but human hair can be used to extract this chemical.

The chemical is not bad for us in small amounts from examining research on it.

DATEM and sodium aluminum phosphate are much worse than that. azodicarbonamide is not a good chemical either, neither are many of the dough conditioner chemistries.

I make the majority of our bread myself, once in a while we buy a loaf only to be disappointed by the chemical tastes it has. We only use organic flours now, the preharvest treatment with glyphosate leaves a sharp taste to the flours and is definitely not good for us or our gut microbiome.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Islanders know that supply lines are vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Actually, L-cysteine is mostly made from chicken feathers but human hair can be used to extract this chemical.

Horse feathers.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Islanders know that supply lines are vulnerable.

Well grab yer guns and ammo! And flour and yeast!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Gave my guns to my brother in law. Have a box of .30-30 rounds. Pretty old. Want it?

Flour and yeast? What for? We have fish and poi.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Knock yourself out!

Nah, I'm flush on ammo.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You sure?

2 bits each.

Going...going...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Sorry.

Spent all my money on flour, cheese and meat.

I'll trade a brisket.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Sorry can't help you.

How about some fish? Or poi?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This article got me researching, I did more research on this and since this is going to lessen the grains in the country, even though our type of flour is not going to be short, the supply of it to here may be effected. I think we will be buying maybe sixteen five pound bags to boost stock. We go through maybe three five pound bags a month so about five months worth more will be fine. Presently we stock maybe forty pounds, the stuff has a best by shelf life of one year so we will have to keep it rotated properly. Fifty bucks worth of organic flour for five months of bread and crusts etc...is not much.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I use flour. Sometimes. To dredge my fish.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I use flour. Sometimes. To dredge my fish.

I don't know how you could eat that Poi stuff, I had it a couple of times and I never even finished eating it. For me not to finish eating what I take is very rare...but occasionally it does happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Actually, I don't eat poi. My mom said I was the only one of 5 kids who wouldn't eat it.

But taro (kalo) from which poi is made, is better than taters.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If you took the time to watch the video the source and news items are quoted.

<< 1    3 >>

join