It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green New Deal fails Senate test vote as dozens of Democrats vote -present-

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I love it
Even the whacked outs of the Democratic Party can recognize one further up the whacked out list

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

STOP IT !!

You're making her mad 😬

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

DIMS-R-DONE

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

DIMS-R-DONE

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your post is really weird for multiple reasons.

The first is that you are replying to me about whether AOC is popular or not. Where did I note anywhere that I cared about her popularity?

The 2nd is your weird defense of something that the right constantly accuses others of doing to Trump.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The Green New Deal, a sweeping Democratic proposal for dealing with climate change, fell at the first hurdle Tuesday as the Senate failed to reach the 60 votes necessary to begin debate on the non-binding resolution, with 42 Democrats and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., voting "present."

We all know why they voted present.

They don't want to be on the record or the 2020 election.

They know it's snip.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Cortez isn't even in the Senate and I heard a rumor she voted for presents also.

She wanted shoes and some nice candies.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Cortez isn't even in the Senate and I heard a rumor she voted for presents also.

She was seen pushing buttons on her console in the House Chamber during the Senate vote😆

Then somebody gave her a Mars Bar 😆

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I want some presents...

Scotch, neat.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm not sure what the Dems were doing letting this newcomer be in charge of important policy. The Dems however just diffused this being used against them in the upcoming elections.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

I'm not sure what the Dems were doing letting this newcomer be in charge of important policy. The Dems however just diffused this being used against them in the upcoming elections.

Actually, it has been accelerated 😎

The Democrat "plan" to fool the public won't work 😎

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
The 2nd is your weird defense of something that the right constantly accuses others of doing to Trump.

Welcome to the exciting world of flipped tables, enjoy your stay.

As for you not caring whether AOC is popular, that's sort of the name of the political game. Elections are just popularity contests so any attention that lowers a rival politician's popularity is embraceable.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is the Democratic party distilled to its essence.

The important thing is they brought the issue up. They know that it is impractical, ludicrous, and would destroy the economy, but still promote it as a talking point. It makes them feel good. They'll never vote for it because they do not actually believe it will work. Actually doing it is not important. They addressed it. Talked about it.

They value symbolism over substance. Substance is hard. Symbolic solidarity is easy.
edit on 26-3-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thats right this was a political calculation by the dems.

So the same people telling us all that we are all going to be dead if we dont do something in 12 years, and we need to transform our entire way of life (not them they will continue to fly on jets etc.), and this is our WW3, and anyone who doesnt believe this denies science and is a horrible person that will lead to all of our deaths

That say climate change is the most important issue we face.

They just signaled "Well climate change is second most important, behind us getting more power"

Laughable

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If it had no chance to pass due to the GOP... why are we making a big deal of this on the DEM side? Should we not be angry about the GOP not giving a # about anything but corporate profits and lobbyists?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
If it had no chance to pass due to the GOP... why are we making a big deal of this on the DEM side? Should we not be angry about the GOP not giving a # about anything but corporate profits and lobbyists?

The audacity of the GOP, not pandering to the Global Warming fairy tale cultists' fear mongering! LOL!!! Weren't we all supposed to be underwater or dead by now according to the AGW cult's initial fear mongering drive? Funny thing, that... hyperbolic bull# has a way of finally making people disbelieve future attempts to push the same.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

AOC claims she "encouraged" the dems to vote "present", and miraculously they all listened!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

AOC claims she "encouraged" the dems to vote "present", and miraculously they all listened!

So AOC says climate change is the new WW2, and we only have ten years to implement her plan or we are all dead.

And yet instead of convincing people to vote for her bill, she told them to basically abstain?

Its almost as if AOC doesnt believe her own claims ion climate change.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

If they actually believed any of that, they would have voted to enter the bill to debate. Then you could get the evil Republicans on the record opposing your common sense solutions... Instead something very like the opposite happened. They weren't even being asked to vote for the New Green Deal's acceptance or passing into law. They refused to even enter the bill to debate on the floor. Not a single Senator wanted to open discussion about this monumentally important, world-threatening issue. That's how bad the sham is.

And you fell for it... Again...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Actually the Dems that voted 'present' just showed everyone that they are spineless. They wouldn't stand for or against and tried to straddle the fence to appease both sides. That doesnt work these days. The fringe left will say they didn't stand with AOC and everyone else will say they didn't vote to put this where it belongs. In the trash.
edit on 27-3-2019 by Khaleesi because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join