It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBD trend products

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I know very little about CBD in particular but I see it in the news and at the stores. I don't know a single person who uses it or talks about it, and most of the people I talk to speak pretty liberally about those kinds of topics if its pertinent. That might be because they either smoke marijuana or care nothing about the plants effects whatsoever, but it has to feel similar to buying a drug in a weird way for some people.

They might wonder about it, but how would it look if they, being whoever they are, looking and acting the way that they do at their age and position doing something so out of character in poor taste and buying a trendy marijuana or "hemp" (it's not the same thing it's just the same species) product to "relax".

If anyone uses it, advocates it, or knows a fair bit about using one of those legal products, your knowledge would be really helpful here. Everyone asks "Does it work?" and the answer is complicated. When I ask does it work, I'm being realistic. If you suffer from a disorder, disease, or ailment that CBD is particularly and especially touted for, will it noticeably help with the symptoms? It's the stuff that in massive doses prevents seizures somewhat in certain seizure disorders and illnesses that have seizures, am I right or off on that?

My theoretical question would be: In your educated opinion, do you think over the counter use of CBD would therapeutically help for any serious ailment. If the THC "just gets you high" and CBD "isn't psychoactive", wouldn't the effects of THC in medical marijuana be for the mentally related symptoms, the physical pain requiring a potent psychoactive effect? What is the CBD doing in medical marijuana for a patient versus the THC and how does that trickle down into the stuff at the gas station and vape shop.

edit on 3/26/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Years of being a potter and metalsmith, my hands took a beating and the accompanying arthritis that followed, forced me into another business. Thanks to CBD and other 420 products, I just opened up my ceramic studio again after 12 yrs of not being able to work with my hands because of the stiffness and pain.
edit on 26-3-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

My wife personally thinks that it was instrumental in taking her from a Stage 4 sarcoma diagnosis with a 6-9 month expiration date to being cancer free going on 5 years now without conventional treatment.

Her primary doctor looked at the scans later and said the results were "remarkable".

Her Sarcoma doctor turned to him and said "No... it's not possible."

Look up Rick Simpson oil.

Neither of us are recreational users, so I can't speak about the rest.

We have a license to grow though, for medicinal purposes.

So that's all I know about the subject.

ETA, as the poster above me states, she also had suffered from back and shoulder pain for years.

Now she is pain free as well.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Seriously a jack of all trades.

Props to you sir.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I just started using CBD topical cream
I had to stop taking my normal anti-inflammatory, Diclofenac prior to, and after back surgery.

I use it on my knees, and have had great results. It actually works much better than Voltaren gel.

One needs to do quite a bit of research before buying. As far as the topical ointment goes, the amount of cbd listed on the package, is per ounce.

The higher the cbd per ounce, usually the higher the price, and from my experience, more pain relief.

I am still researching, because there is much confusion as to what the consumers are getting.

I can't help much on the oral cbd. I only took it ounce, and became nauseated. That could have been caused by a reaction to my normal medications.

For anyone suffering from arthritis, or joint pain, or low back pain, it works great for me, and one application lasts for about 12 hours.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I know about the Rick Simpson oil. Watched documentaries several years ago on YouTube about race for the cure, how he was being charged and persecuted in Canada for making stuff that stopped little kids from seizing.

I figured that was way, way more potent by hundreds of times perhaps versus gas station CBD products. There's no denying that it works, but it's very expensive when you look at products online that are supposed to be more potent and medicinal. The stuff at the gas station is probably hiked in price for profit but even with a small margin on it, it'd probably be very pricey for what you get.

Also, what if you smoke or consume regular marijuana in some amount daily? Are you getting as much CBD as the CBD products or less? Is the CBD many times potentiated in dosage size?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Because I was at my wits end, I tried CBD oil balm, on my exzema.
I have had it since I was 12. I used to use a steroid cream, it was the only other thing that worked. But then I found it thins your skin.
So I tried the oil.
While it hasn't cured it, I do not scratch in my sleep, when I use it. That in itself is a huge relief. Not waking up with bleeding skin.
I would like to try a stronger version of it, as the one I am currently using is only 50mg CBDA/CBD.

Now that we are legal here in my state, I'm going to try growing it this year, to try making my own medicines.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have some CBD oil capsules, it does work to treat my epilepsy. It does kind of mellow me in some ways I really do not care for since I study a lot these days, it makes me want to just chill out and enjoy life. Ok....I am nuts....I like being a little nuts

CBD oil is a medicine, if a person is already calm it could calm them too much. It can calm anxious people, it can help some people who are depressed to feel better. But it is a medicine, the reason for the anxiety or the depression should be corrected. If you are way in debt, paying off the debt is better than taking a med to relieve the anxiety of seeing you messed up. Taking an antidepressant covers up the problem, it is better to fix the problem.

CBD oil can have side effects for some people, I researched that but I wasn't interested that much in it after I tried the product so I just forgot about that stuff and will just inform people to beware and pay attention to what is going on in the mind and body. I would say it is a good medicine, but you do not take medicine if you are sick.

I like rosemary chicken, it has some chemistry that is a light T-H-C style effect, not enough to get you high but enough to get some benefits of T-H-C. The chemical has some of the properties of the Cannabis on the receptors. The CBD oils do not have the properties of that chemical in Rosemary. The mellowing effect of CBD is somewhat in vegetables of different kinds and also in green tea, I like the Arizona green tea myself. It mellows me down a bit.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Also, what if you smoke or consume regular marijuana in some amount daily? Are you getting as much CBD as the CBD products or less? Is the CBD many times potentiated in dosage size?

There are MJ strains with concentrated CBD with almost no THC. A good dispensary can tailor your dosage to do what you want it to do depending on the strain and type of plant genetics.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like rosemary chicken, it has some chemistry that is a light T-H-C style effect, not enough to get you high but enough to get some benefits of T-H-C. The chemical has some of the properties of the Cannabis on the receptors. The CBD oils do not have the properties of that chemical in Rosemary. The mellowing effect of CBD is somewhat in vegetables of different kinds and also in green tea, I like the Arizona green tea myself. It mellows me down a bit.

Make sure to use a healthy amount of black pepper and add it after you bake it.

PipeNig®, a black pepper (Piper nigrum) extract with standardized content of (E)-β-caryophyllene. A natural source of an endo-cannabinoid CB2 receptor agonist

The endogenous cannabinoid system plays an important role in the immune response to infection. At present, two cannabinoid (CB) receptors are described: cannabinoid type 1 receptor (CB1) and cannabinoid type 2 receptor (CB2), both G-protein coupled receptors. The CB2 receptor is the peripheral receptor for CBs, due to its expression on circulating immune cells. However, studies have also found CB2 expression in the brain, such as the cerebellum and microglial cells. The CB2 receptor is involved in the attenuation of inflammatory immune responses. CB2 receptor ligands have been shown to inhibit inflammation and oedema formation, exhibit analgesic effects, play a protective role in hepatic ischaemia–reperfusion injury, and prevent experimental colitis by reducing inflammation. PipeNig® is a black pepper (Piper nigrum) liquid or powder extract produced by Biosfered (Turin, Italy) that possesses the highest content of bioactive BCP available on the market.

www.researchgate.net... al_source_of_an_endo-cannabinoid_CB2_receptor_agonist

That's for an extract but black pepper is apparently a CB2 receptor agonist like CBD. I'm not comparing theraputic effects and know nothing of it but it's true.

From what I'm reading, a good way to look at it would be that CBD products are extracts with some multiplier of potency versus just whats in a flower bud of a marijuana or hemp plant. A dose could be equal to 10, 25, 50 single inhales of recreational marijuana and certain marijuana users could still receive therapeutic effects worth the expense from a CBD product. Does that sound fairly accurate?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Because I was at my wits end, I tried CBD oil balm, on my exzema.
I have had it since I was 12. I used to use a steroid cream, it was the only other thing that worked. But then I found it thins your skin.
So I tried the oil.
While it hasn't cured it, I do not scratch in my sleep, when I use it. That in itself is a huge relief. Not waking up with bleeding skin.
I would like to try a stronger version of it, as the one I am currently using is only 50mg CBDA/CBD.

Now that we are legal here in my state, I'm going to try growing it this year, to try making my own medicines.

My wife occasionally makes me some.

It can’t cure everything.

But, this plant needs to be studied.

Some results are miraculous...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zeta55

Just realized I made a mistake pertaining to the quantity of cbd per ounce.

Usually, the amount of cbd on the label, for topical ointment, is the amount in that tube, or container.

So, if the label states 750 mg cbd, and the tube is 2.5 ounces, that equates to approximately 300 mg cbd per ounce of product.

For those buying topical cbd , this is very important.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Can it be made relatively tasteless through refinement and isolation or is it always going to have a flavor to it like almost all substances? salts which are anything with hydrochloride at the end of their name for instance but there's others are almost always bitter which is why pills taste the way they do.

Edibles I've had in the past were always made by someone and not a company so they varied but you'd always get a taste of it in there because the chemicals are extracted into the food from plant matter.

If they could make it relatively tasteless in a therapeutic dosage, it'd be great for an iced tea product but putting it in soda seems conflicting and kinda gross because soda is already kinda gross. Thick, dark brown sickly sweet syrup.

edit on 3/26/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've read there is a difference between stuff sold as hemp oil and CBD oil....and also between CBD oil made from hemp vs cannabis.
Can anyone enlighten me in layman's terms?

Can the high quality CBD oil be gotten online?

Asking for a friend

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Been experimenting since getting my card here in Florida. CBD did nothing, nothing for me. Tried vaping; hated it-not a smoker.

Have had great success with a hybrid-combing thc and cbd. Unfortunately, only the thc has been therapeutic for my pain. However, I can now walk and sleep etc. without pain. First time in 20 years.

Don't waste your money in the CBD sold in gas stations, over the internet or your friends pyramid company. Lots of scams out there.

There is alot of discrepancies in the flowers so every batch is different and feels different. Wish I could grow my own.

It has literally saved my life from agony. So glad I moved from Georgia to Florida.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

CBD works best in conjunction with THC. I like the CBD capsules for back pain and I find it helps me sleep on those nights you kinda lay there restless. I've found they don't really do anything by themselves. The most effective way i've found to use them was to take 100mg thc capsule about a half hour - hour before 10-20mg of CBD. I find it tends to kick in pretty quick after. I find my muscles get all relaxed and jelly like, then I get really sleepy and have a great sleep. You do feel a bit groggy first thing in the morning, but it goes away pretty quickly after some coffee.
edit on 26/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If they could make it relatively tasteless in a therapeutic dosage, it'd be great for an iced tea product but putting it in soda seems conflicting and kinda gross because soda is already kinda gross. Thick, dark brown sickly sweet syrup.

I like the THC soda to wash down the Altai chocolate confections. They do have THC infusions/oils/tinctures so you can add to the drink of choice; almost no taste. And now THC beer in Colorado, Blue Moon is good...there is still time to invest in green industry futures; cannabis is in yugge economic expansion with publicly traded stocks on NASDAQ

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I know of a few people who have been helped by high CBD oils -- including me. I purchased some for a good friend who was quitting drinking and dealing with heart problems as well. He ate one before bed, and it helped him sleep, and eat more, and keep him calmer and pretty much eliminate anxiety attacks. My brother has used a combination of CBD and THC products for pain and sleep after a rollover accident almost killed him. It is amazing stuff.

One of the under-valued and under-appreciated virtues of CBDs is that our immune systems have cannabinoid receptors which are activated/stimulated by CBDs, releasing macrophages which help us fight infections. Our immune systems literally need cannabinoids (there are other plant sources, but not as high in quantities as cannabis). It is not commonly recognized as such, although there are studies back to the 1950s showing its effectiveness against viruses and bacteria and other causes of infection. It does indeed fight cancer. It also fights MRSA and other antibiotic-resistant infections.

If I remember correctly, all cannabinoids begin as CBD. Sativa strains tend to be higher in CBDs than Indica strains, which tend to be higher in THC. Indica strains are more likely to make one sleepy, or at least bring on the dreaded "couch lock." Sativa strains are known inspiring creativity and energy and even euphoria, or at least a feeling of calm and well being. There are many hybrids with varying levels and ratios of both.

Also important -- or at least helpful -- in choosing types and strains is to consider the terpenes, which are more or less effective in treating different conditions. For MRSAs and other infections, citrus terpenes (limonene) are effective. One very effective in treating cancer is humulene. Sometimes the name of the strain will tell you the predominant terpene, such as "Lemon Skunk."

15 Terpenes in Cannabis Explained

There are recipes on the internet for making your own oil with coconut oil and lecithin in your own oven. If you can follow a recipe, you can make your own oil! It's a long process, but not difficult.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That would be CBD oil from Cannabis, the stuff from Hemp is not as strong, but it does contain about two joints worth of the cbd chemistry in one pill, but it is spread out by absorption so it would be active for many many hours, I had reduced seizure risk for about thirty hours off of one smaller size gelcap.

Yes, black pepper is a good source of the chemistry. We buy organic black pepper and it tastes much better than the commercial ones. We use quite a bit of black pepper in our house, I like the anticancer properties it has, that would be the piperadine or something like that. I like it because it tastes good though, not the psychotropic properties or for it's anticancer properties. They are just a bonus. Black pepper is not good for anything like rapid growth, it causes aptopsis of cells if they draw in too much, same goes for some celery chemistries. So kids who are growing kind of avoid black pepper and celery. I understand why they do.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
I know very little about CBD in particular but I see it in the news and at the stores. I don't know a single person who uses it or talks about it, and most of the people I talk to speak pretty liberally about those kinds of topics if its pertinent. That might be because they either smoke marijuana or care nothing about the plants effects whatsoever, but it has to feel similar to buying a drug in a weird way for some people.

They might wonder about it, but how would it look if they, being whoever they are, looking and acting the way that they do at their age and position doing something so out of character in poor taste and buying a trendy marijuana or "hemp" (it's not the same thing it's just the same species) product to "relax".

If anyone uses it, advocates it, or knows a fair bit about using one of those legal products, your knowledge would be really helpful here. Everyone asks "Does it work?" and the answer is complicated. When I ask does it work, I'm being realistic. If you suffer from a disorder, disease, or ailment that CBD is particularly and especially touted for, will it noticeably help with the symptoms? It's the stuff that in massive doses prevents seizures somewhat in certain seizure disorders and illnesses that have seizures, am I right or off on that?

My theoretical question would be: In your educated opinion, do you think over the counter use of CBD would therapeutically help for any serious ailment. If the THC "just gets you high" and CBD "isn't psychoactive", wouldn't the effects of THC in medical marijuana be for the mentally related symptoms, the physical pain requiring a potent psychoactive effect? What is the CBD doing in medical marijuana for a patient versus the THC and how does that trickle down into the stuff at the gas station and vape shop.

MJ is an anti-parasitic of the highest order.

When you relieve the body of its parasitic burdens you allow the auto-immune system to finally do its job...you allow all of your body organs to do their correct jobs without being manipulated artificially by parasitic influences.

Fasting works and science cannot dispute it....even killing the baby and Juvenile parasites elicits an immediate positive reaction when our immune systems get some help.

There is a process of adjusting to a healthy diet that avoids certain foods that are harmfull to us....AND...regular intake of an all-round anti-parasitic.....the CBD factor is a part of the anti-parasitic focus.....there is a lot more to do....but CBD is a good beginning however you must understand how it works with other things you are going to need to do to realise full effects.

No majic...CBD is a bug killer plain an simple.....its your own auto-immune system you should be AMAZED AND IMPRESSED BY because of what it will do for you AS SOON AS IT IS RELIEVED OF ITS PARASITIC BURDENS.

Many foods especially SPICES are anti-parasitic.....Alcohol is an ant-parasitic.....many herbs are anti-parasitic....the trick is to find a combonation that is full spectrum and this is why MJ is effective...it is generically full-spectrum....it kills em all...big or small....when used properly in concert with other dietary good-life measures.

edit on 27-3-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join