It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sending death letters laced with white powder no longer a crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yes, it's official, you are now free to send threatening letters through the mail and put white powder in the envelope for the lolz. No crime, no foul. It's all good. I'm not sure if you need to be both gay and liberal, or if just living in Chicago is enough to place you on the "I'm above you and your laws" list. A bit more research on that will be needed.

I'm not even mad at Jussie anymore. He's just a pathetic little gay pawn in all this. He played his part, helped Harris And Sparticus have their moment in the limelight, then cried a bit while maintaining how much of a bad ass he was. But when you have a system that allows this, almost flaunts it to show just how corrupt assholes can get away with things, it's sickening.

When the next letter bomber is caught, remind them of this, as long as nobody get's hurt, it's all good.

And as always, Justice for Jussie.

edit on 26-3-2019 by network dude because: fixed spelling in title.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
But if I wanna mail thc products to other consenting adults I get a 4am no knock raid at gun point lol

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

you likely weren't gay enough, or perhaps not liberal enough. Again, more research needed.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
realiise that there is an impetus to have the first ATS thread - and peoples attentionspans are now measurable in seconds

but FFS - let the dust settle

there has been no official statement from the FBI or the USPS " police " - both of whom have juristiction to persue// prosecute the mail allegations

i has no idea why ccok county illinois has fropped charges

but he rrelevant federal agencies have said nothing

so - its not over till they do

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To be fair, the USPS inspectors are still looking into this.

Just because Smollett got his state felony charges dropped under suspicious circumstances, does not mean that he will skate as easily on the federal level charges for which he is likely being investigated.

A law firm partner who asked not to be identified by name spoke with us about the federal problems ahead for whoever mailed the letter: “If they have Smollett on the letter, he’ll be facing ’terroristic hoax’ charges, a felony. There may be federal obstruction charges as well.”

All in all, the federal legal options are numerous: “If they want to bury him, they can.”

Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I promise I won't tell you how to be angry, or piss all over your good time if you take a moment to realize that you are still free to not click on things that might trigger you.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Based on the enormous joke that just happened, and the likely hood it had Obama and his weaponized pole smokers at the ready, I kind of doubt this will go anywhere. But on this, I'd LOVE to be as wrong as I have ever been. I'd even do an apology tour.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
and another thing

peoples " seem " to have forgotten the cook county DAs strange anouncement bout the FBI several days ago

in light of current events - is it possible that was a cry for help ???

county prosecutors - are generally loathe to surrender juristiction in cases - because hi profile wins - can spring board political carreeers

so - why the FBI statement ???

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

At this point I only hope that the feds don't just ghost on this, I would not be surprised one bit, after today.

I even said it was possible he would skate on the state level charges in the past myself, so it's not necessarily a surprise to me, it's just the fact that it was an unscheduled emergency hearing and was sealed that really has my interest high in this case.

If it had take a little longer and been thrashed out a bit before letting him off, it would have been a lot less on the interest scale to tell you the truth and would have been a lot less suspicious than it is now that the aforementioned funny business took place.

I wasn't really on board with the idea that Smollett was part of some sort of Harris/Booker/Obama plan, but now I have to say that that idea seems much more likely to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Now if we can only get rid of junk mail. Or at least stop subsidizing it with tax payer money!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What you're referring to was a conversation back before Kim Foxx, Cook County DA, recused herself.

She was in contact with Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama's former chief of Staff, in regards to getting the 'hate crime' investigation passed from the Chicago PD to the FBI. Foxx was also in contact with an unknown member of the Smollett family, at the same time, which is why Foxx had to recuse herself.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

What you're referring to was a conversation back before Kim Foxx, Cook County DA, recused herself.

She was in contact with Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama's former chief of Staff, in regards to getting the 'hate crime' investigation passed from the Chicago PD to the FBI. Foxx was also in contact with an unknown member of the Smollett family, at the same time, which is why Foxx had to recuse herself.

After this, I have to ask why she bothered. Why not just stage a press conference tell everyone to go fluck themselves, and announce Jussie Smollett day, where everyone dresses up in MAGA gear dances into the wee hours.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well, this kinda ruins the excitement about the christmas presents i was going to send out this year.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you likely weren't gay enough, or perhaps not liberal enough. Again, more research needed.

And there goes any respect I had for you.

You really need to get your hate in check. It will eat you from the inside.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

"At a press conference later, outgoing Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson told reporters they were outraged at the decision. They continued to accuse Smollett of lying about being attacked as a means to raise his profile and TV salary"

His ploy worked because Retardicans are so outraged over something so stupid. Smollett is a huge winner here gaming the system. It's really sad how people are just so sucked into having outrage over this basically non-issue.

I'm still waiting waiting for Hillary to be indicted.

This why I don't watch any news anymore. It's all just meaningless tripe designed for getting ratings and making money.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

We have a justice system based on "technicalities" not truths.

Dont cry wolf when someone from the "other side" uses said "technicalities" to avoid punishment.

Go ahead and send death threat letter with white powder, if your legal team can find technical loopholes you will be "exonerated " too.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Peace.

He's really losing it today. His meds must have worn off. It's really sad people can be this outraged over something so silly. It's not like somebody white was shot and killed by black police officer but it sure seems morally equivalent to some people. I think the dude needs to take up astronomer and stop watching Fox news for a couple of months.

edit on 26-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I think our justice system is designed this way on purpose so more guilty people go free as opposed to more innocent people being falsely convicted. It's a matter of perspective. Countries where more innocent people are convicted falsely than guilty people going free tend not to be as successful as the United States. Even though lately it's changing as the United States has the largest population in prison in the World. The beauty of having so many prisoners and privatization of the prison system is it creates a huge pool of workers for corporations to improve their profitability at the expense of honest hard working people. Freedom to exploit prison workers is what makes this country great!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Peace.

a bit too close to home?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They looked at trump for obstructionism for how long to find nothing but drop these charges so fast ?
I hope that the FBI and USPS don't let it go so easily.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join