It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's most likely that his attorney knew that it'd be a mostly black jury, and all they have to do is convince them that Smollet is being politically attacked, twice.
I'm sure the prosecution knew this as well and that's probably why they wanted the FBI to take the case.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Looking at the timing of when Tina Tchen contacted Kim Foxx, it was still when the story was being pushed that Jussie was a victim and nothing about the possibility he was involved in staging the attack was being discussed in news stories.

The conversations with Smollett’s relative took place during the period of the investigation when Smollett was considered the victim of a hate crime, not a suspect in a hoax, Foxx said.

Her decision to recuse herself was based on the conversations with the family member, which included information about Smollett.

Records: Former Michelle Obama aide, Smollett relative reached out to Kim Foxx

Foxx recused herself, and someone else from her office took over on the case, Magats:

First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats will act as the state's attorney for this matter, a spokeswoman for Foxx's office said.

Jussie Smollett attack: Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx recuses herself from investigation

This whole thing was political from the beginning with some high level players. Really, I shouldn't be all that surprised he got off on the state level charges.

We will see what kind of pull his friends in high places have if the federal investigation is likewise scuttled.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

You make a compelling point.

I do believe that Smollet is both politically and financially connected. The nature of this hoax, however, makes it about much more than that.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe this is about the Nigerian brothers... the supposed accomplices. They were literally met at the airport by police on a return flight from Nigeria. I don't know how/why the cops suspected them of anything.

Maybe they cannot try Jussie because then something about these brothers would come to light. Something "national security blah blah blah."

link   
Rigged by Obama on behalf of all 2020 Democrat candidates

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: RadioRobert

I would tend to agree other than the fact that this particular incident has national implications. If it were some small time local, then yes i could see the case you're making. But this particular event has taken a much broader scope.

To me, the emergency, unscheduled court appearance and sealed case points to someone higher up the chain pulling strings.

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I would tend to agree other than the fact that this particular incident has national implications. If it were some small time local, then yes i could see the case you're making. But this particular event has taken a much broader scope.

To me, the emergency, unscheduled court appearance and sealed case points to someone higher up the chain pulling strings.

I already said there was probably political pressure as well. You don't get the case sealed for kicks.

But let's pretend there wasn't. You and I work at the district attorney's office. We have a couple hundred attorneys/prosecutors who work for us.We have a pile of murder and gang-violence cases on our desks to assign attorneys to (a big case requires more man hours. Many different minds working together). We also have a false-reporting case.
This case is being championed by high-dollar attorneys who will do everything possible to pad their own billable hours by filing motion after motion with the court to delay and obstruct the case from moving forward swiftly. Every motion filed means we have to respond with our own detailed, written response. If this case moves forward, it will eat hundreds of man-hours (and hence, not only drain resources for other cases, but also cost a boat load of money, hundreds of thousands of dollars).
Odds are if we spend our budget and man hours to secure a conviction, the guy who has never been a violent offender is getting community service and a fine. Our jails are already overcrowded with violent offenders. We might possibly lose the case because who the # knows with a jury sometimes, and this guy is well-known.
His team offers to forfeit a 10k bond and community service. That's basically the same outcome as a conviction, and we don't have to spend time or money on it. We can move on with the other cases where we really want the bad guy to rot.

This happens every day. And it is totally infuriating. I'm not saying I like it. I'm just saying that is the atmosphere this decision was made in. Noone should be surprised that these guys basically walk.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If Mr. Smollett conspired with high-stakes politicians to affect some kind of political narrative using criminal tactics, then, all I can say is that he has become a liability to them now. Oops.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I guarantee you someone in the halls of corrupt democratic power said "if the entire world sees him punished for this, how are we gonna convince anyone else to fake a hate crime?"

I hope I'm wrong and he snitched on his bosses and that's why its sealed.

link   
Smollett coordinated his fake lynching with Kamala Harris' campaign...and her pushing of the anti-lynching bill that week.

Harris is the Left's prime candidate...so, of course, higher-ups intervened to keep Smollett from spilling the beans on collusion with her.

Smollett threatens...they let him off.

It's THAT simple.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If Mr. Smollett conspired with high-stakes politicians to affect some kind of political narrative using criminal tactics, then, all I can say is that he has become a liability to them now. Oops.

I wonder if hes in witness protection?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This farce will backfire just like the Russian Collusion hoax

link   
Here is my video on why I think Smolett's press conference shows he most likely did commit this hoax and was let off for political (or financial) reasons.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Smollett coordinated his fake lynching with Kamala Harris' campaign...and her pushing of the anti-lynching bill that week.

Harris is the Left's prime candidate...so, of course, higher-ups intervened to keep Smollett from spilling the beans on collusion with her.

It's THAT simple.

Yeah, you are probably closer to the truth with that one there...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

that 'much more than that' seems to be the nose-ring in the snout of the Political Bull called Chicago-Illinois Politics and whom controls that Beast....

an Early signal of the 2020 election cycle Voter Ballot nursery that the elite (DNC party) politicians allows to flourish

ETA

thanks for the thumbs up guys... i did not know for sure that my premise that the 'Smollet' case of dropping the charges was an example by the controlling Machine 'live case' to insure that all-the-moving-parts of the Political Machine were on-board with the Orders given from 'above'...

so we can deduce that the local Police-&-Justice System and certain Judges are on-board, if not fully zealot members of that powerful Clique of Elites (in the 2nd City) A well oiled machine at that....

A citizen commentary after listening to Rush L. (he's ok every now & then)

edit on th31155362582126432019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's THAT simple.
I'll have to agree.

Of all the theories, this one screams out the most, HARRIS is Involved with Jussie.

This is where her "Bed buddies" come into play, considering she slepted her way to the top.

Actually, I'd rather run with this view. Good catch.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I don't think the Obama's have any more "pull" at the Federal FBI level. If Smollett sent the terrorist-hoax letter to the Empire set, his goose is cooked. From the sheepish look on his face when at the microphones, he's not celebrating. When you're truly exonerated, you're HAPPY (at first), like President Trump was this past weekend.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I think you would be calling Cook County State's Attorney office? link

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The police figured out who they were while they were out of the country, knowing this they would have been able to access their flight itinerary and be able to meet them when they returned.

I can easily understand this thought process, especially if it is known in the Cook County prosecutor's office that the federal investigation is ongoing; now I've nothing to base that on, just that if this does happen to be part of the reason he was let go on the lower level charges, then it would be a bit more palatable.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the media, already headline news aggregators are filling up with Smollett stories that are replacing the 'no collusion' stories that had been run.

Need to watch what the left and right hands are doing to see what trickery is afoot.

a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I tend to agree with that sentiment. President Trump has been slowly but surely clearing out the holdovers from the previous administration, so I am certain that whatever pull the Obamas had is likely lessened, though i don't think it has been entirely erased.

As I said, we will have to wait and see what comes form the USPS Inspectors office in relation to the letter that was mailed prior to the 'attack.'
edit on 26-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: extra reply to cwm

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This farce will backfire just like the Russian Collusion hoax

Now I want a cigarette.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join