It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

To pay Devil's Advocate, what if it's because the records make the CPD look like complete morons that botched and bungled this case from day one?

Possible but it's more likely that the prosecution fumbled the ball, not the CPD since they didn't inform CPD. If CPD screwed the pooch they would have been getting flak from the prosecution before now. Or like others have stated, someone stepped in and got it dropped. That would better explain sealing the records.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername
and
a reply to: RMFX1

Except that the police know who did it.

It was the two brothers and Smollett decided not to press charges when he realized that the CPD caught them. When he thought CPD had caught two random, unconnected people he was all for pressing charges and sending them to prison for something they did not do.

What prompted the emergency, unscheduled court appearance?

The answer to that question may tell us more than the sealed records.
edit on 26-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: paragraphs and two not to

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: projectvxn

Please tell me the Feds are going to prosecute him and hold him and the politicians he was involved with accountable?!?!?

Only if he were a white guy, it appears.

But hey he's not!! You go free, and you go free, and you get to be free!! Everyone goes free!! Except you, you're white.

Yes, it is getting to be like that. ugh...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: projectvxn

Only thing I can think of is the Prosecution screwed up evidence or broke the law and realized that the case would not fly because of it .. This is bull

It's total bull, and in this case, I'm sure there are political forces at play (hence the sealing). But this sort of thing happens all the time. Trials are expensive and time consuming. There are too few judges and prosecutors already. There is probably a giant backlog of violent offender cases in Chicago awaiting trial. Nonviolent offenders are given pleas all the time. In part because it's a pain in the ass to prove intent in a case like this, and in part because they have limited resources to prosecute all the cases they need to prosecute. Sadly predictable.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: queenofswords

That's why I think there's been some undue political influence here.

We know Smollet is connected to Kamala Harris.

AND Booker...AND their anti-lynching bill.

Connect the dots.

Exactly. A Big Can of Worms was about to be opened involving people in the process of running for president. We were all over those connections LONG before the msm. That DA that went to the Oscars while all this was going down sent up a big red flag, too.

Yo

link   
see my post above

a reply to: JDmOKI

link   

originally posted by: neo96
At this rate.

I expect Avenetti to get off too.

The hypocrisy of our justice system can't get any more clear.

He'll probably walk with a fine he'll never repay and lose his license . Odds of him seeing jail time instead of community service are pretty low.

It's infuriating, but this type of thing happens daily.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So I watched his press conference with him and his lawyer. Here are some relevant points I got from it.

1. Jussie forfeited his 10K bond. Seems odd that a totally innocent man that was interested in protecting his reputation from smears would do something like that.

2. apparently Jussie's involvement in the community and past community service factored into the prosecutor dropping charges. Why woudl a prosecutor mention those things if Smollet was innocent?

You can be a drunk layabout who has never helped the community, but that is irrelevant if you are innocent. Service to the community, rather good or bad, is totally irrelevant and should not even be mentioned by a prosecutor if you are innocent of what you are accused.

The only reason for a prosecutor to bring up past service is that they are acknowledging despite possibly being guilty of this crime, past behavior means there should be leniency.

3. Smolletts lawyer admits it was the two "Nigerian" (though they seem to be americans so I diont know why they are called Nigerians) brothers that attacked him. Yet ASmollett then claims on his mothers name that he told the truth in every instance of this situation.

That doesnt seem to be the case. I dont know if he particularly described the attackers as "white" or allowed the media to make that claim without correcting them, but this was clearly disingenious as we now know the attackers were black associates of his.

4. Smollett claims he will never stop fighting for marginilized communities. Lets assume the unlikely situation that he is innocent, and had nothing to do with his associates attacking him.

Even in that scenario, the nerve smollett has to still act like this was a hate crime is surreal. He should have apoligized to white people and maga supporters for smearing them publicly as his attackers when it turns out that wasnt true.

All of this ads up to me tht Smollett was guilty, and was let off for political reasons of some sort.

Smolletts lawyer thru Chiacago PD under the bus, and so I will be anxious to hear what the OD has to say about a prosecutor letting smollett off andmaking them look so bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I would tend to agree other than the fact that this particular incident has national implications. If it were some small time local, then yes i could see the case you're making. But this particular event has taken a much broader scope.

To me, the emergency, unscheduled court appearance and sealed case points to someone higher up the chain pulling strings.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nobody finds it 'interesting' that a close friend of two candidates pushing a political anti-lynching bill through congress...fakes a lynching and blames it on Trump-supporters...the same week as the vote?

Would anyone be surprised if Smollett said: "Find me guilty...and I spill the beans about coordinating this with Kamala Harris' campaign?"
edit on 26-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Who's to say he won't do it again claiming it was a result of his acquittal?

link   
This isn't a "left - vs - right" or a "black - vs - white"

this is straight money/celebrity equals power, there have been many rich "Rightists" that have gotten away with far more than false police reports, same with "leftists"

if you have money, celebrity and "connections" you can do anything, politics don't matter

link   
Who's to say he won't do it again claiming it was a result of his acquittal?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well from what I hear, there is still a federal investigation going on, don't forget the powdered envelope.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This isn't a "left - vs - right" or a "black - vs - white"

this is straight money/celebrity equals power, there have been many rich "Rightists" that have gotten away with far more than false police reports, same with "leftists"

if you have money, celebrity and "connections" you can do anything, politics don't matter

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That's right.

Innocent people don't have their records sealed.

Or forfeit their bonds.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Also, when the Obamas sent their chief-of-staff to "talk to" the Chicago legal and political brass last week, it was obvious that something was awry. Now we know what it was.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yet ASmollett then claims on his mothers name that he told the truth in every instance of this situation.

These types of activists believe in B.A.M.N. (by any means necessary).

It does not bother them to lie or do anything else criminal or immoral because they feel that their "higher" purpose allows for it....kind of like 'taqiyya'.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

this is straight money/celebrity equals power

Did you just assume his sexuality?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join