It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Then who should be charged with the hate crime Smollett said took place???

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It would be Hilarious if the two brothers who "attacked Jussie" go out and beat his sorry ass for real this time. After all, Jussie did blame them and shame them. It would be true Jusstice for Jussie.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The CPD says he is guilty, and that is good enough for me, if the DA is weak and politically influenced, justice can't continue.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That's not good enough for me.

The police don't find people guilty. They enforce the law. Everyone gets their day in court...I want Jussie to get his day in court and answer for the crimes he's committed, I will accept whatever a jury decides. But this? This is what is truly unacceptable, on that we agree.

If the DA is weak, we change the venue.
edit on 26 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ever watch an episode of Law and Order ?
There are times where the police disagree with the DA decision to drop the case.
But I do agree, send it to trial, let a jury decide, not the police or the DA.
I would have been ok if the trial went and he just got 90 days and 30K fine for being stupid and wasting the CPD time and resources, better than this farce. A warning needed to be sent to not try this stuff, and now people will be emboldened to do it.

FYI-I was addressing that posters cognitive dissonance, I have encountered it in other topics unrelated to this one.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
WTF?

Jussie Smollett logged a total of 18 hours of community service over 2 days -- with Jesse Jackson's organization, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition -- and that was enough to satisfy prosecutors in Chicago.

Honchos at Rainbow PUSH -- a civil and human rights organization -- tell us, Jussie volunteered for the first time Saturday, putting in 8 hours from 10 AM to 6 PM. He just completed another 10 hours on Monday.

We're told Jussie's "service" included stuffing membership envelopes, working in the group's bookstore to sell merchandise ... and critiquing its Saturday broadcast. We're told he helped them with camera angles, and also worked with the music director on a plan to build the choir.

Put in 2 Days Community Service With Rainbow PUSH Coalition

This is ridiculousness on an unprecedented level.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
WTF?

Jussie Smollett logged a total of 18 hours of community service over 2 days -- with Jesse Jackson's organization, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition -- and that was enough to satisfy prosecutors in Chicago.

Honchos at Rainbow PUSH -- a civil and human rights organization -- tell us, Jussie volunteered for the first time Saturday, putting in 8 hours from 10 AM to 6 PM. He just completed another 10 hours on Monday.

We're told Jussie's "service" included stuffing membership envelopes, working in the group's bookstore to sell merchandise ... and critiquing its Saturday broadcast. We're told he helped them with camera angles, and also worked with the music director on a plan to build the choir.

Ironic, they let him anywhere near envelopes.
edit on 26-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

So the prosecutors office wants us to believe that smollett was guilty, but two days of working with Jesse Jackson is enough punishment for 16 FELONIES!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I heard a rumor he got a paper cut and had to keep working a whole hour more until he got a break.

They're going to make a movie about it.

Some are already calling it akin to the Bataan Death March.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And folks wonder why gangs infest Chicago... look no further than this low-IQ incompetent criminal DA

Big thumbs down

She has no business infesting public office. I can not in good conscience continue to recognize as legitimate that city or its mob-rule elected losers like Foxxx. Is there a formal process for ejecting States from the union? They bring the rest of us down, especially with their hyper-gang culture and extreme gang violence culture that leftist tools like Fox serve. She worships at the alter of identity politics - which is plain to see given her extremely unusual handling of 16 felony counts for someone with a prior criminal record for...you guessed it... lying in some official capacity (giving a sworn statement, signing an affidavit, something along those lines) and DUI. So he's a proven drunk and a proven liar, and is certainly provably lying here as well..

We're expected to believe his two Nigerian friends decided to mask up and yell "This is MAGA country" while attacking him? Give me a break. This peice of # Fox is only encouraging this type of behavior

I wouldn't be surprised if digging reveals her to be a Mueller-true-believer and she dropped the charges in retaliation for their giant nothing-burger with their fake, invented, debunked, disproven, discredited, lying Fake Russia Collusion false flag and false narrative. This entire nonsense needs investigated by the Feds

And this # who makes a mockery of our justice system should be made an example of
edit on 3/26/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It would be for anyone sane.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This case will go 'Federal' now...which is exciting...as the Obama machine has just been made part of the mix.
5-D Chess.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Jussie is obviously well connected, to shut down and seal the transcripts that's not something a police sergeant or just any city councilman can do. So who attacked you Jussie? if it wasn't the Nigerian brothers, feels like we are being manipulated big time. Strange days indeed...guess Jussie was related to that Nigerian diplomat that passed away and left millions waiting to be claimed at the airport LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Jussie is obviously well connected, to shut down and seal the transcripts that's not something a police sergeant or just any city councilman can do. So who attacked you Jussie? if it wasn't the Nigerian brothers, feels like we are being manipulated big time. Strange days indeed...guess Jussie was related to that Nigerian diplomat that passed away and left millions waiting to be claimed at the airport LOL

His Great Uncle was once the Crown Prosecutor of Russia 😆

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Totally true … and if so, then maybe Smolett gets off for the same reason basically (without a trial though) that O. J. Simpson got off, the first time hah

The thing I cannot make to fit though is that Rahm Emanuel is talking out against the dropping of Smolett's charges:

www.thewrap.com...

How does that fit?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

According to his lying rear end it was "Two Trumpers shouting 'This is MAGA country!'"

We have to remember.... the people who believe this crap are the same people that believed in the bogus, debunked Russia collusion nonsense for 2 years

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

WTF?

Ironic, they let him anywhere near envelopes.

This is solid gold.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

From what I can tell of the timing of the messages, Tchen reached out to Foxx at the behest of an unknown Smollett Family member (I may see if I can track down which one it most likely is)...

I read his mother, but it wasn't confirmed just speculated.

Tchen then put the Smollett family member in touch with Foxx, who had made the request to the superintendent that the case be given over to the FBI.

Yeah, that Johnson has been all over the place throughout the course of this.

Guessing, I would say that the Smollett family member was not in the loop as to the hoaxing and was trying to use their connections to help their family member (Jussie) get the most out of this situation (politically, and publicity wise) by involving the FBI, whomever (in the mind of the family member) was responsible would then be facing federal charges thus increasing the returns they were hoping to capitalize on.

Combined with a deep general distrust of Chicago PD...

Recall all this took place when the news stories were still in 'poor Jussie' mode and before Foxx had recused herself.

Yes, the first contact between Foxx and Tchen was on Feb 1. Pretty darn quick. But the week the bros came back from Nigeria was when rumors flew and were denied and then confirmed and oh my! ABC first reported CPD sources saying they were investigating a hoax on the 14th of Feb, Johnson unequivocally denied it on the 15th:

Chicago Police Department superintendent Eddie Johnson denounced reports by local media that Empire actor Jussie Smollett allegedly helped to plan the homophobic, racist attack against him in January. In a tweet, the chief communications officer for the CPD said reports calling the attack a hoax are “unconfirmed by case detectives” and that the sources fueling media speculation about the attack are “uninformed and inaccurate.”

Media reports about the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives. Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate. pic.twitter.com/iSO5YFv452 — Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 15, 2019

Sources: Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

Then he was arrested on the 20th, I believe. At least the grand jury returned their verdict on the 19th, just four days later.

As far as why the police dropped whatever charges against the brothers they might have brought, I think it was due to the fact that the brothers rolled on Jussie as the primary party of responsibility for the act.

Have you heard of any immunity deal being given to them? Any plea deal? Anything at all?

I saw today they're claiming that Jussie took advantage of them and betrayed them... they were star struck and Jussie lied them astray and they're soooooooooooooooo sorry.

Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Saturday evening that: "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview."

Probe into alleged Jussie Smollett attack shifts to whether actor staged incident, source says - NBC News 02/17/2019

How did police catch 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett? Lots and lots of cameras - USA Today.

One in the Uber they took home too! Wish we could see/hear that one...

Just from the evidence that is publicly known, they had him dead to rights.

If they have what they say they have, then yeah... but they also had the brothers dead to rights. They supposedly gave Smollett a fractured rib. If they'd assault Smollett for money, why not someone else? And if not for money, then another reason? I don't understand why they weren't charged.

I would hazard a guess that there is something in Smollett's phone records that lead to the sealing of the case.

Do you happen to know how long it would take for police to subpoena and receive Jussie's records from the phone company? Smollett turn his over on Monday, Feb 11. I'm thinking CPD must have had the complete records -- not just Jussie's redacted version -- when they went to the airport for the brothers.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Boadicea because: Grrrrr - formatting!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

WARNING:

INCOMING FALSE FLAG(S)

This is part of the plan to incite a slew of false flag attacks against blacks by whites in an attempt to sew racial discord. Be on the lookout for 100% false flag attacks from whites on blacks.

This is exactly what "they" are attempting to do.

And the case is now sealed? Laughable how stupid "they" think the American people are.

Left or right it does not matter. Black or white it does not matter. Wake up people. It's time we take back our government and bring the corrupt politicians to heel.

edit on 26-3-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24283206]conspiracy nut[/po hang on mate there's many on this site who want this report published even your president has said publish but to keep saying it ain't so doesn't make you right

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join