It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Does anyone have any thoughts on why Smollett and his family would prefer the investigation to be done by the FBI rather than Chicago PD?

And has Chicago PD ever said why they dropped charges against the brothers? Even if Smollett was the mastermind (haha! I use that term loosely!) then it doesn't absolve them of being ready, willing and able to commit a violent assault. It seems to me they are more of a threat to society than Smollett ever was.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Coincidence?........LOL, I think not..........

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I bet he even gets a pay raise for his role on the empire

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just perusing some other news aggregate sites.

I honestly think this has damaged his career for ever.

The legal system may have been abused and distorted, but the truth is, people won't forget this.

Smollett won't be able to get a walk-on role in the next "Sharknado" film, much less anything of merit.

He is tainted goods. He's "box-office" poison.

He'll always be the fake guy who used political pressure to save his sorry ass.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: stosh64

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson was just ordered to kneel before the God of Chicago Barry Obama, and was slapped in the face with his manhood. And on the front page of every news outlet.

I wonder if that stings?

Here's an artist's depiction:

Smollet should have gotten atleast 6 months in jail one year probation with fines and restitution paid 100 hours community service

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just perusing some other news aggregate sites.

I honestly think this has damaged his career for ever.

The legal system may have been abused and distorted, but the truth is, people won't forget this.

Smollett won't be able to get a walk-on role in the next "Sharknado" film, much less anything of merit.

He is tainted goods. He's "box-office" poison.

He'll always be the fake guy who used political pressure to save his sorry ass.

I would hope so - this piece of crap should be harassed like a person wearing a maga hat and obnoxious Trump gear every day of his life.

I cannot believe fox wrote a letter of support to him. I am seriously considering actively boycotting anything Fox ever does again.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In 20 years, Smollett MAY still be able to do commercials for Reverse Mortgages and bladder-control products.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

can you imagine if this was the catalyst that takes down Obama and his thugs?

No, I definitely can't imagine that.

And to be perfectly honest, I worry that you guys may be on the verge of a full blown meltdown, if you're even entaining that as a possibility.

In the grand scheme of things, when you consider all the injustices that occur in the world on a daily basis... this whole outcome is beyond insignificant.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well at least now we know it's not the colour of your skin but the size of your bank account.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

From what I can tell of the timing of the messages, Tchen reached out to Foxx at the behest of an unknown Smollett Family member (I may see if I can track down which one it most likely is), Tchen then put the Smollett family member in touch with Foxx, who had made the request to the superintendent that the case be given over to the FBI.

Guessing, I would say that the Smollett family member was not in the loop as to the hoaxing and was trying to use their connections to help their family member (Jussie) get the most out of this situation (politically, and publicity wise) by involving the FBI, whomever (in the mind of the family member) was responsible would then be facing federal charges thus increasing the returns they were hoping to capitalize on.

Recall all this took place when the news stories were still in 'poor Jussie' mode and before Foxx had recused herself.

As far as why the police dropped whatever charges against the brothers they might have brought, I think it was due to the fact that the brothers rolled on Jussie as the primary party of responsibility for the act.

Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Saturday evening that: "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview."

Probe into alleged Jussie Smollett attack shifts to whether actor staged incident, source says - NBC News 02/17/2019

They were arrested upon their arrival from Nigeria, then after they were interviewed police issued a search warrant for their premises:

The men were picked up by officers at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Wednesday after returning to the city from their native country of Nigeria. On Thursday, police served a search warrant at their home.

Two men arrested in Jussie Smollett case are released 'due to new evidence,' police say

He talked to one of the brothers while they were in Africa:

Smollett told Abel Osundairo during that call that the attack should be carried out at 2 a.m. at an already scouted location near the actor’s home, Lanier said. Minutes later, Ola Osundairo hailed the Uber and the brothers started making their way to the crime scene.

Less than 18 hours after the incident, Smollett and Abel Osundairo traded brief phone calls, Lanier said. The brothers then boarded a flight for their overseas trip. The next day, Smollett made a nearly 9-minute call to Abel in Turkey, Lanier said.

How did police catch 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett? Lots and lots of cameras - USA Today.

Just from the evidence that is publicly known, they had him dead to rights. I would hazard a guess that there is something in Smollett's phone records that lead to the sealing of the case.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

this whole outcome is beyond insignificant.

Indeed. In fact, we accept this insignificance as a matter of living life, don't we? The rich and connected have one system while everyone else is funneled through another.

In the grand scheme of things nothing we do matters. But for the sake of our own insignificance, we should endeavor to instill some kind of truth or meaning in our existence. We should seek out that balance that makes us comfortable in a universe of chaos that can just as easily kill us all right #ing now.

But we're not dead. And the grand scheme of things is as meaningless to us here as we are to it. This matters because it is a system we created to ensure for our posterity the fruits of life, liberty, and equal justice under the law. When we allow this kind of political chicanery to occur we do indeed normalize it; we normalize it to the point of routine and what is truly SIGNIFICANT to us on our own little scale, becomes insignificant at the scoffs of elitists.
edit on 26 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, the show he was on had been going downhil for a while anyway, but this situation didn't help either:

The second episode of “Empire” after the arrest of one of its stars, Jussie Smollett, was the lowest rated in the series’ history.

The March 20 episode scored a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demo, and was watched by just under 4 million total viewers. Last week’s midseason premiere also struggled, with a 1.3 rating and 4.4 million viewers, which means the show dipped by 11% in the ratings and 10% in total viewership since last week.

While that isn’t as bad as the 17% ratings and 13% viewership dip from the show’s final episode of 2018 to the midseason premiere, last night’s episode was still down on the previous “Empire” ratings low, which came on Halloween 2018, when the show had a 1.2 rating and 4.2 million viewers.

TV Ratings: ‘Empire’ Hits Series Low - Variety

Smollett himself will have the spectre of this lingering over him for quite some time to come. Even though the public has the attention span of a gnat on crack, this kind of stink will take a while to wash off.

If federal charges are pursued, that may be compounded even more.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No. Not this time. I live in the Chicagoland area and have been following this. They have been crossing their “t”a and dotting their “i”s. They wanted this. The CPD get a bad rap. They wanted this win. Some crooked judge or politician had some ass to save. Smollett is connected up the ass. Literally!! Hahahahah!a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

In the grand scheme of things, when you consider all the injustices that occur in the world on a daily basis... this whole outcome is beyond insignificant.

Sure, endeavoring to instigate a race war is beyond insignificant

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I guess if I am going to think of a conspiracy.....

What major political votes were taking place in the senate or the house that a favor could be given (drop charges against Jussie) and a vote for or against could be secured?

just wondering.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Him being a liability has come up in this thread a lot. I wonder how long he will be around. a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Sure, endeavoring to instigate a race war is beyond insignificant

If a simple accusation by some black dude about copping a beating from a few rednecks outside of a Subway in the middle of night was enough to start a "race war"... then the "race war" was already inevitable.

It'd just be a question of which straw it'll be that breaks the camel's back.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It'd just be a question of which straw it'll be that breaks the camel's back.

It's a pile that builds over time.

We should seek justice if for no other reason than to ease the burden on the camel.
edit on 26 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How bad does it have to be when the Mayor says this is wrong, and he is a liberal Obama guy.
16 charges magically gone, yeah this stinks of political interference from the deep state left, way further left than the mayor himself. Perhaps with ties to people running for president, maybe this will get saved and get released at a critical moment when it does the maximum damage.
This isn't over.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My biggest worry here is that some poor, dumb white guy who has been deceived into the race war narrative is going to see this as something they have to self-correct to get "justice", do something very stupid and as a result end up giving Smollett and his friends in high places what they set out to achieve in the first place.

In fact, that is likely the intentional aim here. Please, please dumb, poor white guy don't be that dumb and take the bait.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join