It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

sorry to but in your a smart guy the video of the press conference in chicago is on the daily mail front page but i don't know how to post it could you help thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: queenofswords

That's my feeling on this.

Rahm is running interference for whomever got the emergency court appearance approved where this whole thinking thing was sealed with a big F-you bow.

Since he will not be facing any sort of consequence for the filing of a false police report, let us see what sort of action the USPS Inspectors bring.

Rahm was also there to emotionally RESTATE and emphasize that Smollett ONLY faked the lynching/attack to help his career.

In other words, R.E. is reminding everyone THAT personal enrichment was the ONLY reason Smollett did this...so look no further.

I got that feeling, too. He was dramatically OVER-emphasizing that point. Look 'here', not over 'there'.

Uh...No, Mr. Never-Let-a-Good-Crisis-Go-To-Waste. I think I will keep looking over there, too.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A "reasonable prosecutor" in Cook County just said he still believes Smollett lied 😎

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: projectvxn

Luckily we don't live in a country where you can commit multiple felonies and just have a case dropped

OH wait nevermind.

That depends if you have money and highly connected friends. Yet , another example of our two separate justice system in work.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

i see your point but in a high profile case like this wouldn't it be better to prove that no matter how much money you have nobody is above the law

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A "reasonable prosecutor" in Cook County just said he still believes Smollett lied 😎

Now saying this is not an exoneration.

He (Smollett) should have accepted responsibly and offered an apology. But after dropping charges Smollett conceded nothing.

edit on 26-3-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: xuenchen

Now saying this is not an exoneration.

He should have accepted responsibly and offer an apology. But after dropping charges Smollett conceded nothing.

Welcome to Cook County. The "Moat" around the City-State since 1932 😎

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Whoever influenced this needs to be brought into the light.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Simple : News cycle.
Desperation.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It sounds like he had a deal to publicly accept responsibility and apologize in exchange for the dropped charges. But he went out and maintained his innocence.

Curiouser and curiouser....

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This was an in your face because they didn't get Trump. It's another O.J. verdict...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is black privilege ! I’m sorry I mean white privilege ! Wait ? I don’t know what I mean ! This is great ! For real ! This incident , Muslim& Socoialists in Congress and no collusion with Russia ? We will not see a liberal as Prez for quite a while !

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Whoever influenced this needs to be brought into the light.

In Chicago they use "Low Pressure Sodium Lamps" to protect the innocent 😀

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ill just leave this here, haven't seen it posted yet.
It's jussies statement after charges were dropped.

SMFH

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have absolutely no doubt this is happening because of involvement of certain people in DC. This toad was not worth saving but the people who created his victim story line and were ready to benefit from it need protecting from themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Obviously what the guy did was stupid, to say the least. But his obviously got good lawyers, a clean record, forfeited his 10k bond and undertook voluntary community service.

What were you guys expecting? A 20 year sentence or something, for making a false police report?

C'mon, get a grip.

Smollett was willing to testify against anybody the cops found.

This POS was willing to put innocent people behind bars, get a huge publicity boost, intentionally cause racial division and more hate for Trump supporters, and you think a 10,000 dollar fine is all he deserves?????

REALLY?? YOU ARE A SCUM if you really believe that.

Yes he should get 20 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

As a forensic nurse it can be very frustrating, knowing that some cases will never see the light of day. Not because it didn't happen, but because it can't be proved that it happened.

With the number of cases the States Attorney has on their plate, they can't afford to take cases to court that they know they can't win.

edit on 26-3-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Kim Foxx, as requested by former chief of staff for Michelle Obama Tina Tchen, intervened in the case. After recusing herself, her office dropped all charges.

chicago.suntimes.com...

The initial correspondence started when Michelle Obama's former chief of staff, Tina Tchen, emailed Foxx to say that she was reaching out on behalf of Jussie's family to express "concerns" they had with how the investigation at that point was being handled.

Jussie had not been charged with a crime yet, but it's believed Chicago PD was already doubting his story and leaking info to the press pushing that narrative.

Foxx responded to Tchen on Feb. 1, saying ... "Spoke to Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation. He is reaching out now and will get back to me shortly."

The same day, an unnamed relative of Jussie's texted Foxx herself, as well, and Foxx said she was working on getting the case sent over to the FBI. The relative replied, "Omg this would a huge victory." Foxx then responded, "I make no guarantees, but I'm trying."

Later, Foxx recused herself from the case when Jussie became a suspect. And, of course, her office just announced Tuesday that it was dropping all of the charges against Jussie, after coming out strong with a 16-count indictment just weeks earlier.

www.tmz.com...

CORRUPTION

edit on 26-3-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This is black privilege ! I’m sorry I mean white privilege ! Wait ? I don’t know what I mean !

Blay privilege?

Black and gay.

There's really no way social justice warriors would let Smollet be convicted.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson was just ordered to kneel before the God of Chicago Barry Obama, and was slapped in the face with his manhood. And on the front page of every news outlet.

I wonder if that stings?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join