It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

-- but I sure can't find it ...

Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama's current chief of staff who has known Rule since they were both teenagers growing up outside Cleveland, said it would be premature to speculate on what Rule might be interested in as a first lady or how she might fill Maggie Daley's shoes.

She described her friend as poised and an able supporter of her busy husband. She said she didn't recall Rule being a regular presence at the Obama White House, but said Rule never shied away from appearing with Emanuel at social functions.

Tchen said she's certain that Rule's primary concern will be her children, who will finish the school year in Washington before moving back with her to Chicago.

"That's absolutely her priority," Tchen said. "She's incredibly grounded and solid and able to do that with such ease and grace."

Emanuel's wife prefers life outside spotlight - Chicago Tribune 02/23/2011

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: projectvxn

Well that's an interesting development.

From your link:

A judge also granted a motion to seal the case.

It'll sit right beside obama's birth certificate if that happens.

I find it hard to be shocked over this outcome, though I'm a bit surprised considering how the Police Captain reacted to all of this. Must have been millions pouring in from different regions to protect him from prison. Now if/when he really gets jumped and beat, nobody will believe him.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This just about sums it up nicely...

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Devil's advocate... Smollet perpetrated this hoax in order to use his fame to sensationalize this case and generate racial hatred.

Exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Someone with power influenced this. Just because he is black does not mean he should be able to stir up racial hate. Nobody should be allowed to do that kind of thing. I do not believe he should go to prison for too long, but to leave him off with nothing is just showing other black youth they can get away with promoting hate.

BS! He should be charged with battery, assault, hate crime, attempted lynch under the new law he helped Kamala push, and hate mail/threats. Same as any white man had a white man done this.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Liberalism is turning America into a third world lawless country....

link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Honestly, this case did get national attention due to representatives in Congress making it a platform for their anti-lynching bill they wanted to pass. The MSM joined in and forced the CPD to go all out and resolve this case.

Unfortunately, the CPD did a better job than expected and now, politics is showing it's corruption within our judicial department.

Yes, Smollett deserves more than a swat on the hand...simply to show others such BAMN attitude will no longer be tolerated.

So on one hand we're saying justice should be blind-- just because he's famous or it is politically charged, he shouldn't be treated differently.

And on the other hand, we should make an example of him and treat this case differently because he's famous and it's politically charged.

I'm not trying to pick on you or Grambs or anyone else. I'm very sympathetic to this argument. I'm not saying you're wrong even. I'd probably make the same decision were it mine to make.

But let's be honest, we're advocating political prosecution while also saying politics shouldn't matter. We're on a very slippery slope. Things are always more nuanced "on the ground" so to speak than they are on Twitter or the news.

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Do you know of any other case in history in which an accused person voluntarily performed community service before being sentenced and have had that community service be considered as just punishment?

Character references and being actively involved in your community is generally always taken into consideration when being sentenced.

link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

No. Only if you enter into PTI or Pre-Trail Intervention. Basically it is a way for those who are charged with their first crime to be able to do what the court asks and charged are dropped. I know someone who had to attend anger management courses and volunteer 10 hours. It was then dropped and sealed. However, they did not just forfeit their bond and walk away to paparazzi.

This is complete bull#. For weeks Trump voters were vilified and called racists. How many people really did get into fights or shot or killed because this punk ass wanna be pulled this #.

Where are the charges against the guys who attacked him if he was telling the truth????

link   
a reply to: Tempter

Thank you -- I just finished reading the emails/texts. Interesting that the same day of their last conversation is also the day the Nigerian brothers were stopped from testifying at the grand jury hearing and that Foxx was recused. A lot sure happened that day!

I'm familiar with the Smollet family's longtime links to the Obamas. And their longtime political activism. I wasn't aware of the links to the Emanuels though.

And it strikes me very odd that the Wikipedia page doesn't reflect the information about Tchen working for him on Google. There may be a reasonable explanation and I just don't know it.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well everyone, its apparently OK to go out and hoax a hate crime. No problems, just go out and do it. Precedent has been set. Lets have us a marathon of made up hate crimes because no biggie. its not against the law and no one will be held accountable. So why not? Itll be like the purge, fake hate crimes all day urrrydey!!!!! LETS GO LETS GET OUT THERE AND HATE CRIME!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Question, anyone know if that lynching bill passed?

It passed back in December of 2018 and has been sitting in the House since:

12/19/2018-9:21pm House Held at the desk.
12/19/2018 Senate Message on Senate action sent to the House.
12/19/2018-8:13pm House Received in the House.
12/19/2018 Senate Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote. (text: CR S7843-7844)
12/19/2018 Senate Measure laid before Senate by unanimous consent. (consideration: CR S7843-7844)
12/19/2018 Senate Senate Committee on the Judiciary discharged by Unanimous Consent.
10/11/2018 Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Ordered to be reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute favorably.
06/28/2018 Senate Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

S.3178 - Justice for Victims of Lynching Act of 2018

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Devil's advocate... Smollet perpetrated this hoax in order to use his fame to sensationalize this case and generate racial hatred.

Exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

I never said he didn't commit the crime. I'm asking why would he be treated differently than someone else committing the same crime (which has probably happened a dozen times in the last 12 months in Chicago).

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Do you know of any other case in history in which an accused person voluntarily performed community service before being sentenced and have had that community service be considered as just punishment?

Couldn't find the link, but recall a story about husband and wife who were caught dumping trash. It was in the same area they voluntarily cleared litter for years as a public service. Apparently, they knew it would not be there for long but as public volunteer they avoided the costs they would have paid if they took it directly to the dump station.

They were fined and both still had to do an additional 40 hours supervised community service. So, no, I have never heard of Pre-community service only 'supervised' service after. It is not recognized if not supervised.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And he didn’t have to plea to any crime

And he had all evidence sealed so the public may not see it

Special treatment that no regular person would get

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So the House passes the Bill.

Then the Senate passes the Bill with a small amendment.

And now the House sits and does zer0.

Makes sense that the whole thing is just more BS 😎

Obviously there's something wicked and sinister happening behind the scenes and under the tables 😎

I smell kamal wizz

edit on Mar-26-2019 by xuenchen because: banana democrats🍌

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thank you! I sure must not have expressed myself very well though

What I cannot find -- and what strikes me as odd -- is that the Google search for tchen rahm emanuel's wife has Rahm's Wikipedia page as the first result, with this blurb:

Rahm Emanuel - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org... 2 days ago - Rahm Israel Emanuel is an American politician serving as the 55th mayor of Chicago since ...... Personal life. Emanuel and his wife, Amy Merritt Rule, have a son and two daughters. ...... Tina Tchen, 2011–17, Sylvia Mathews Burwell, 2013–14.

But when I actually go to the page, I cannot find Tina Tchen mentioned at all.

Maybe there's a completely reasonable explanation for it, but I don't know what it is!

ETA: D'oh! Just went to Tchen's Wikipedia page... I got it now -- finally!
edit on 26-3-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Edit to add just playing devil's advocate here I thought Jussie smollet was guilty as hell as well...

Maybe it was the same kangaroo court that cleared Donald Trump??

Seriously though Donald Trump gets cleared you guys all celebrate and don't want to see the report behind it, why are you all getting so mad so quickly shouldn't we wait to see what evidence was used to drop the charges?

Perhaps we pick and choose who we believe is innocent under the court of the law Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, George Zimmerman....

edit on 26-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Question, anyone know if that lynching bill passed?

It passed back in December of 2018 and has been sitting in the House since:

12/19/2018-9:21pm House Held at the desk.
12/19/2018 Senate Message on Senate action sent to the House.
12/19/2018-8:13pm House Received in the House.
12/19/2018 Senate Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote. (text: CR S7843-7844)
12/19/2018 Senate Measure laid before Senate by unanimous consent. (consideration: CR S7843-7844)
12/19/2018 Senate Senate Committee on the Judiciary discharged by Unanimous Consent.
10/11/2018 Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Ordered to be reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute favorably.
06/28/2018 Senate Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

S.3178 - Justice for Victims of Lynching Act of 2018

Thank you.
As usual you come through with the sourced facts.
Always appreciate your posts JAC

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Help me out here, does anyone have the *answer to Jrs question????

twitter.com...

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join