It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

After watching this I realized what Rahm's reasoning was...he repeated it over and over and over again. 'This was all Smollett acting alone to further only himself.'

Now, it is becoming obvious that they are throwing Smollett under the bus. Don't want folks to really start to question deeper.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

why do people care what Hollywood celebrities think... they should just shut their mouth...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Obviously what the guy did was stupid, to say the least. But his obviously got good lawyers, a clean record, forfeited his 10k bond and undertook voluntary community service.

What were you guys expecting? A 20 year sentence or something, for making a false police report?

C'mon, get a grip.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

doesn't matter what race/ethnicity he is, or if he is "mixed" or not...

look who the people who care about "race" are...

Liberals and Rightists...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
who beat him up?

Who is going to jail?

Who sent the letter?

This has Obama and the way he operated written all over it.

Justice, a fancy word, but not worth a flying #.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Punishment for his crimes?

They didn't even do that. And there was political chicanery involved. FROM the Obamas no less.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
police press conference

I can't believe I am saying this but Rahm Emanuel was spot on! He was pissed off as any American citizen should be!

This is far from over.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What were you guys expecting? A 20 year sentence or something, for making a false police report?

Depends on context.

But this false police report resulted in a full investigation at a city mind you that has a lot going on crime wise.

Then take into account the mail aspect.

Now let's look at the cultural ramifications.

All that said, if you or I did it and even had a good lawyer, I doubt we'd walk like he did.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

why do people care what Hollywood celebrities think... they should just shut their mouth...

This guy had a national effect on people with his fake story.

It was supposed to be another illustrative narrative of just how awful Trump's America is.

Too bad for them, it backfired. But at least they're loyal enough to retrieve their dog.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well the DA is friends with the Smolletts.
And was contacted by Michelle Obama about the case just a few days later.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to read between the lines here.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

...undertook voluntary community service.

Can you please cite precisely what community service Smollett has performed?

When was this community service rendered?

How can he have been given a sentence of 'community service' if he is just now having the charges dropped?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stealu1two
a reply to: Justso

I don't believe for one minute that Rahm didn't know what was going down. IMO this is coordinated to look like he is siding with police in the matter so that he can save some face. And to head off any trouble between the DA and CPD. Just my thoughts I live in Southern ILL so nothing surprises me when it comes from Chi Town.

Nail hits head.

This is a clever mix of Feigned Outrage and Controlled Opposition 😎

Everything around here is ass backwards and selective confusion 😎

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Grambler

This precedent setting sentence will be used in the future.

Yep. Bomb threats, swatting people, making up hoaxes to drive up racial tensions, costing police hundreds of hours and tons of resources.

Your punishment?

Go pick up trash in the highway for a day.

Unbelievable

Devil's advocate: are we handling this case like normal? Or trying to make an example of him?

Would this case have gotten the multitude of police resources to be handled in a matter of weeks if Jussie Smollett was Maurice Campell, Chicago citizen?
Would that case have been dropped by the busy dept well before issuing a charge against the erstwhile "victim"?
Would it make the news?
If there was a charge, would he have been allowed to plead out or have to go through an expensive (to the state) trial?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I just want to add, many places here getting caught with a joint will get you mandatory jail even though it's not a felony... And that is a victim-less crime.

I'd be curious how many hours were wasted of detectives and police working on this case... In a city nicknamed Chiraq because it has more deaths than our military had in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Again... Context.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Like other people have stated, this was probably a planned, orchestrated distraction from the Mueller Investigation's outcome. Notice how this action is suddenly the top story being discussed today, with so MANY people outraged? Kamala Harris and Michelle Obama knew Jussie Smollett and Obama's former Chief of Staff, Tina Tchen was the person that reached out to Kim Foxx about the Smollett case. Tina Tchen is deeply connected to the highest echelons of Chicago politics through the Emanuels, as well as the Obamas. Also don't forget that George Soros spent $408k to a Super PAC that supported Chicago prosecutor, Kim Foxx. Sounds like the Democrats playing dirty....yet again.
edit on 3/26/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

...undertook voluntary community service.

Can you please cite precisely what community service Smollett has performed?

When was this community service rendered?

How can he have been given a sentence of 'community service' if he is just now having the charges dropped?

Insider rumors say he was forced to walk in areas and take notes where recent shootings happened 😎

link   
Well, we all better be super mad for a week and then forget about it. America gets f'd in the A once again. A month from now and no one will care.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

When you have conservatives...even Trump supporters... in complete agreement with Rahm Emanuel, a former Obama Chief of Staff, its pretty obvious that a LOT of people think that the way the prosecutor handled this today is rotten as hell. And it is.

link   
Michelle Obama has some explaining to do.

twitter.com...

BREAKING: Michelle Obama knew Jussie Smollett very well and Michelle’s former Chief of Staff Tina Tchen reached out to Kim Foxx about the Smollett case. This is now under investigation.

Read Michelle's friends' texts here:
www.chicagotribune.com...

edit on 26-3-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

link   
At first I thought this was just a spoiled multiple minority person looking to gin up some sympathy and maybe a better paycheck. When he got charged I figured he'd do what wealthy people of all races do, and plea bargain something he could love with and get on with his life. It's not like Hollywood or the political people he's connected to have any morals and would judge him too harshly.

But, all charges dropped and sealed for basically $10k. I wasn't aware of the timing of the hoax with the anti-lynching bill or the familial connections to a 2020 Dem contender either. One of the two would be fixers in the DA's office has already been rewarded with a major position in the $PLC. The other just proved once again that Chicago is a cesspool of corruption.

I hope their is some federal follow up, but doubt there will be. The corruption in the country has gotten so bad the smell probably rises to the heavens. I do not know why God has largely spared us from judgement, but I fear the day that we as a nation get what we deserve.

edit on 26-3-2019 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join