It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Charges Dropped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+87 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
CBS Chicago

CHICAGO (CBS) — Less than two weeks after “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about a hate crime, prosecutors have dropped charges in the case.

This POS hoaxed the nation, wrought division along racial lines, was willing to double down on his lies and potentially ruin the lives of innocent white people that could have been caught up in his racist, TDS fueled hoax.

This is political. You don't go from 16 demonstrable felony counts to nothing without influence.

White Privilege maybe? Oh wait...
edit on 26 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well that's an interesting development.

From your link:

A judge also granted a motion to seal the case.

+34 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A judge also granted a motion to seal the case.

Sounds legit.

+45 more 
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That's why I think there's been some undue political influence here.

We know Smollet is connected to Kamala Harris.

+30 more 
link   

utter bunch of bull snip. This crap enrages me.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
CBS Chicago

CHICAGO (CBS) — Less than two weeks after “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about a hate crime, prosecutors have dropped charges in the case.

This POS hoaxed the nation, wrought division along racial lines, was willing to double down on his lies and potentially ruin the lives of innocent white people that could have been caught up in his racist, TDS fueled hoax.

This is political. You don't go from 16 demonstrable felony counts to nothing without influence.

White Privilege maybe? Oh wait...

Chicago PD may have dropped the charges...

There is still the issue of the letter, which falls under the Post Master General and the FBI.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I saw this coming when it was reported that the Chicago DA was trying to get the Federal Govt to take over the case.

Chicago being the leftist cesspool that it is was never going to be able to follow through.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Someone with power influenced this. Just because he is black does not mean he should be able to stir up racial hate. Nobody should be allowed to do that kind of thing. I do not believe he should go to prison for too long, but to leave him off with nothing is just showing other black youth they can get away with promoting hate.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Only thing I can think of is the Prosecution screwed up evidence or broke the law and realized that the case would not fly because of it .. This is bull

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Please tell me the Feds are going to prosecute him and hold him and the politicians he was involved with accountable?!?!?

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

WTF>?!?!?!

This is beyond acceptable!

So in theory I can pay my friend to beat me with an LGBTQ flag, plant a gay rights pamphlet with my blood on it and my gay friend's finger prints on it, and say I was beat because I am a Trump supporter, but because I am a famous white male with a bit of money I can get away with it?

That's what it seems like?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Wow.

a reply to: queenofswords

Also interesting:

More details are expected soon, after an unscheduled emergency hearing Tuesday morning.

I wonder what prompted this?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Once again this goes to show there really is a different "Justice" system for every so called "class" in the country. Justice being blind deaf and dumb.

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

How much you want to bet Hussein has something to do with this?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What the eff.

There's no way they should have been.

Definitely got friends in high places.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

There is still the issue of the letter, which falls under the Post Master General and the FBI.

Yes, that would be up to the Feds... we shall see.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

On the face of it, this seems bizarre. However, do we actually know why charges have been dropped or simply that they have been dropped? What i mean is that it could be something as simple as prosecutors don't believe they have enough evidence to gain a conviction - it isn't necessarily because of any nefarious reasons.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This is insane. Jussie Smollett perpetrates a racist hoax hate crime and frames people of a different race, and gets off without any legal consequence? WTF is that about?

Sounds like unofficially they're saying "We're keeping this a secret for national security reasons"
edit on 26-3-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Of course. Yet another example of the two-tiered justice system in this country.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Luckily we don't live in a country where you can commit multiple felonies and just have a case dropped

OH wait nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join