It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department sides with court ruling Obamacare invalid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It'd be interesting because it could shift into the abortion debate.

I mean, "Life, Liberty. . . "

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's an amazing reply. Thanks for the information.

I have no trust whatsoever in the US medical profession..........with the exception perhaps of the Oschner medical clinics and Hospital in NOLA. When it comes to the dying time, I will head to Mexico. At least they do pain management. I dont care to be tortured to death by racist American doctors.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes because I could not afford the pay in on my side of it while still making use of it to pay the copays.

It was cheaper to pay the damn fine and pay my doctor bills out of pocket than it would have been to pay into insurance weekly and then pay the copays on top of it.

So not only was I stuck paying out of pocket, but I had to pay the Obama Care fine on top of it and it was STILL the cheaper option and all I could afford.

Now that I don't have those damn fines I can afford to make some damn progress in life and start affording to pay off debts and get somewhere so that I can actually get to a point where I can actually afford insurance before I truly depend on it.

Though one good thing about being unable to afford these things. I've taken my health into my own hands. Lost twenty lbs already and according to my doctor am well on my way to getting off my meds completely in six months.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All men on Obamacare have maternity coverage and pay about $70 a month for it. So that makes Abortion part of the package too.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Deflection....sigh. You're so predictable.

Trump promised, again and again, to protect those with pre-existing conditions.

How does one get Congress to act? One puts them up against a wall. Congress is a responsive body. Planning further ahead than the next election is beyond their capabilities. If we wait for the eventual debates and posturing to wander around toward a solution, several more generations will have lived and died.

They will try to stall and procrastinate but if the people put the heat on them and they stand to be unelected, they will pay more attention to their duties.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Since 78% of the people on Medicare are happy with it, allow anyone who wants to, to buy into Medicare. All existing medical conditions are covered by Medicare.

Those who can't afford Medicare can go to, or stay on, Medicaid.

Thank you. I've been saying it ever since the insanity that is the ACA was passed.

Everyone else can purchase whatever kind of private health insurance they want. Something that hasn't been possible since 1/1/2013.

That said, there are some very serious problems with the current system, and some very simple remedies that could make it a thousand times better...

1. Truly transparent pricing for all services

You should be able to shop for the best price for any given procedure just as easily as you can the best price for a TV on Amazon.

and

2. Other innovative yet simple changes

Sadly, until people get that polluting the insurance pool with people who are already sick is not the answer, I don't see anything sane happening.
edit on 27-3-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust

If Democrats had 1/8th of a brain, they'd understand that Congress only takes action when FORCED to.

LOL. Like the way Congress was FORCED to give deep tax cuts to the richest Americans?

You're fried. No comparison between the two.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: rickymouse

That's an amazing reply. Thanks for the information.

I have no trust whatsoever in the US medical profession..........with the exception perhaps of the Oschner medical clinics and Hospital in NOLA. When it comes to the dying time, I will head to Mexico. At least they do pain management. I dont care to be tortured to death by racist American doctors.

Remember that it is the lawyers who are driving this. Medical protocols are there to minimize lawsuits. Health care is big business and big business covers its butt.
The AMA is an arrogant union that inflicts their latest guesses on care on the hapless patients. Lawyers for the health care system use those guesses to defend against lawyers trying to get multi-million dollar payouts from the deep pockets of the health care providers because they are altruistic and that 30% fee that they collect just covers costs.

edit on 3/27/2019 by pteridine because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The "shopping" and "transparency" works great for medical services not urgently needed.

The problem comes when you've had that heart-attack, or hit by an illegal alien, and don't have time to shop. Aside from long-term cancer treatment, those are the most expensive medical episodes. The ones caused by Trauma.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Unfortunately, THIS is how you get Congress to act. Try it the easy way, which will fail. Then you create an emergency, which will work. (It has to be one worse than mere a few thousand Americans being killed by illegal aliens.)

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is calling on Republicans to revive the effort to quash the Affordable Care Act, handing Democrats an opportunity to unite in defense of the law as they try to move past the Russia investigation and win the White House in 2020.

Trump’s administration is asking a federal appeals court to strike down the entire health care law. The president vowed on Tuesday to make the GOP the “party of health care” and told Senate Republicans to lean into their own agenda on the issue as they head into next year’s election.
More at: www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The "shopping" and "transparency" works great for medical services not urgently needed.

The problem comes when you've had that heart-attack, or hit by an illegal alien, and don't have time to shop. Aside from long-term cancer treatment, those are the most expensive medical episodes. The ones caused by Trauma.

There is always a solution...

For this problem, pass a law that allows the receiver of the emergency service to shop after the fact. They find the best - legitimate - price for the service, and that is what they pay.

This isn't rocket science.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It'd be interesting because it could shift into the abortion debate.

I mean, "Life, Liberty. . . "

I have no doubt that would be part of it.
I would also submit there is existing law that ensures those who go to an emergency room and need treatment get treatment regardless of their ability to pay for treatment.

The fact that this debate has not happened reflects upon our leadership, or lack there of, and our irresponsibility as voters.
There is nothing wrong with a position of government paid healthcare is not a right.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I did not realize he was out of office. The only thing broken is the broken record of the liberals.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

His administration is suing on the grounds that protection for pre-existing conditions is unconstitutional. How is that, in anyway, abiding by his campaign promise to protect Americans with pre-existing conditions.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Actually that is not what is happening. The law was ruled Unconstitutional in it's entirety and the Trump administration is not challenging that ruling. So now I want you to show me where Trump said he wants to get rid of it and then do nothing to replace it? Trump wants to replace it, with something that is actually legal. Are you saying you want the government to force Unconstitutional laws on American citizens?

The Republican party will soon be known as the party of health care, you watch. - Trump

What part about that quote makes you believe he is breaking his promise and is not intending to work on Health Care?
edit on 27-3-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

My biggest beef with the ACA is that it was a redistribution of wealth.

I don't say that in a callous manner aimed at those that it did help... I say it in that the industry took a big slice of pie post ACA.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It was all about Obama making a legacy, and he did it on the backs of the middle class promising his rich friends huge amounts of wealth. They got it.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

There is always a solution...

For this problem, pass a law that allows the receiver of the emergency service to shop after the fact. They find the best - legitimate - price for the service, and that is what they pay.

This isn't rocket science.

So the doctor who saved your life, will get $20,000 less than he billed you, because you found a less expensive price offered by another doctor, after you recovered?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So now I want you to show me where Trump said he wants to get rid of it and then do nothing to replace it? T

Have you been living under a rock and missed the whole John McCain debacle and Trump's constant whining about how John McCain foiled his attempt at repeal and not replacement of the ACA, including pre-existing conditions protections?

Trump's administration made a call to support a judge that supports his administration goal of repealing, and not replacing, the ACA. His administration could have chosen to fight that ruling, like they've done with rulings that they didn't like, all the way to the Supreme Court. But they didn't. Now, the people will have to take it to the Supreme Court, fighting against the president and his administration's lawyers.

That is contrary to Trump's campaign promise to protect those with pre-existing conditions.

Trump had no health care plan to replace the ACA during the campaign. He had no plan while he was on the phone drumming up support for the repeal vote in Congress, and he has no plan now that his administration has decided that protecting those with pre-existing conditions is unconstitutional.

Who knew health care was so complicated?
edit on 27-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

DP, see next post.
edit on 27-3-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join