It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free PC copy of TES: Morrowind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Bethesda is currently giving away free copies of The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind on PC. It's the 25th anniversary of the launch of The Elder Scrolls on March 25, 1994. You do have to sign up for an account at Bethesda.net and DL/install the Bethesda launcher, but using the code: TES25TH-MORROWIND you can get a free copy of the game. I just got it installed and opened to the menu and exited again to post this. Looking up morrowind in the search tab shows quite a few help topics so there might be some kinks still. Will start a game and post if I have any issues.

When I got the email for this, they stated it was only valid for 3/25. When redeeming my code I got an error and the search pointed me to a page that said they were having problems with the code initially, so take that for what it is. It worked for me now though.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would do this... If i didn't still have the CD from when I paid for it as a teenager.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

I owned it on both PC and Xbox at one time, I might still have the Xbox game in storage actually, but lost my PC copy so I was super psyched to hear this and wanted to share.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If the service is free, you're the product.

Makes me wish I cared enough to read and break down the TOC... And then speculate on how many laws they break based on what they didn't include.

This isn't Facebook, so I've taken the liberty of steering your post towards a conspiracy minded thread instead of a mindless clickbait ad.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

I still have the CD Rom too, but it hasn't worked on anything since... WinXP?

Had a signin for Bethesda already I'd forgotten about (Fallout), loaded their dashboard, downloaded Morrowind, ran it, did a quick character generation and it seems to run fine.

Thanks for the heads up thov420... hadn't played this version of the Elder scrolls in forever and I think it will be fun to poke around in again.

edit on 25-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just wanted to add, my game did crash when I tabbed out to write the last post while I was in the middle of character creation. Started again and saved after getting out of the census building, everything seems good so far. I'm only running i5 onboard graphics so that could easily be the problem.

Also forgot how old this game is and the graphics show it lol.

a reply to: a325nt

I get what you're saying, but I'm only trying to share with anybody interested. I only installed it myself because I miss old school hardcore RPG's and spent countless hours enjoying this game. I have no stake/responsibility in whether anybody else partakes.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I hope you enjoy and you're welcome.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Quick side question for anybody who's played this in the past: On both Xbox and PC versions I had, there seemed to be a bug where the alchemist in the basement of the Mage Academy in Balmora floated up out of the building and disappeared. I remember having to make sure I did all her quests as fast as I could before that happened. Is that a Morrowind bug or just on my end? Anybody else experience this?

ETA: This is the GOY edition and includes the Bloodmoon and Tribunal DLC's.
edit on 3/25/19 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Invalid promo code

Lol, thanks for reminding me why we don't buy anything direct from you, Bethesda -- even your freebies are broken.

Hubby has Morrowind already, if I want to play it badly enough, I can just hop on his desktop and make a character. Or just buy a copy via Steam for myself, either/or.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Invalid promo code

Lol, thanks for reminding me why we don't buy anything direct from you, Bethesda -- even your freebies are broken.

Hubby has Morrowind already, if I want to play it badly enough, I can just hop on his desktop and make a character. Or just buy a copy via Steam for myself, either/or.

Cool story sis.

For those of us that don't have a hubby with Morrowind on his desktop, this is a free download that worked just fine for me... no invalid promo code or anything.

So why come in and crap on a thread when someone is just offering some information?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Dang, AFAIK the code should be good for the rest of today. At least you can play it if you want anyways.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Right, crapping on a thread for saying the code is invalid 20 minutes before the deadline so others know, You ragging or something, Lum? That's a pretty ridiculous overreaction for you o.O

originally posted by: thov420
Dang, AFAIK the code should be good for the rest of today. At least you can play it if you want anyways.

Yeah, it was no bueno. I gave up trying every couple of minutes about 10 minutes ago, hoping it'd bleed over after midnight or suddenly start working or something.

And it being invalid was all over the Reddit, so it's not isolated by any means. I wonder if they didn't expect a high volume of people trying to get the game today and it broke something in their system. But then again, it's a major company and you'd think they'd have beefed it up for this ahead of time.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that. I did mention in my OP that when I got the email and tried to get the game I also got an invalid code message and Bethesda already had a help page for the error. Maybe because of all the problems they will extend the deadline? If I was them that would be the smartest thing in the world to do.

Off topic:
I didn't feel like Nyiah was crapping on my thread, just sharing her experience. Let's keep this civil please.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Right, crapping on a thread for saying the code is invalid 20 minutes before the deadline so others know, You ragging or something, Lum? That's a pretty ridiculous overreaction for you o.O

And yet I'm downloading it right now a second time on my other laptop.

I guess me "ragging" gives me some sort of super download power.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Gamer-chick fight!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

And yet I'm downloading it right now a second time on my other laptop.

I guess me "ragging" gives me some sort of super download power.

So that's a yes on my Q? I've openly told the whole damn forum to ask me that if I ever go snarly enough to raise eyebrows, it's supposed to make you think and ground yourself.

Just a small tip that might make the inner beast cool it's jets.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Gamer-chick fight!!!!!!

Lmfao, it's not a gamer-chick fight until the Monster cans & desk chairs start flying

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm aware......and very patiently waiting.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm aware......and very patiently waiting.

Could always set up a ring and have DB saunter around as a ring boy in his special pink pumps.
And in a thong.

Let's see how patient you are after that

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok, while as a male I'm in favor of girl fights, I don't really know why this one started. Say what you gotta say but don't get my thread shut down, ok?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join