It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to properly discuss The Federal Reserve in threads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not really a joke.

It just occurred to me that when speaking of The Fed a more appropriate way to refer to them would be:

The F 'ed.

I'll show myself out.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Not really a joke.

It just occurred to me that when speaking of The Fed a more appropriate way to refer to them would be:

The F 'ed.

I'll show myself out.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There really should be a proper name.
Calling them by their legal name got us where we are.

Wish I could think of a clever one.

Evil.
Destroy them.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Can't give them a proper name when you aren't legally allowed to know who they are.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
the DOW. Destroyer of Worlds.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Call them, "the target".

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Call them, "the target".

your average idiot would consider them the retail store that competes with Wal-Mart by targeting the shopping patterns of women using targeted advertisement based on semi legal consumer spying.

The whole Christian bible thing is worn out, too.

The mark of the beast must be debt- but who can really live in this country without any?
The homeless, destitute, and trailer park welfare hogs have more net worth than your middle class family.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Call them, "the target".

your average idiot would consider them the retail store that competes with Wal-Mart by targeting the shopping patterns of women using targeted advertisement based on semi legal consumer spying.

The mark of the beast must be debt- but who can really live in this country without any?
The homeless, destitute, and trailer park welfare hogs have more net worth than your middle class family.

Pro Tip... don't post drunk.

To the OP, why not? They are as Federal as Federal Express and don't have a "Reserve" of anything worth anything.

Hopefully we can purge the country of them soon and go back to having something besides "Federal Reserve Notes".

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I only just recently learnt about how Americans were forced to sell all their gold to the f'ed, I mean wtf?! Government decrees no gold in private hands, must be sold to a PRIVATE COMPANY! Just wow....

Lol, after typing "private" the Google next word prompt was "massage" haha, naughty Google!

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Call them, "the target".

Hmm. Ok. Im gonna have to think on that a bit

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackIbanez
I only just recently learnt about how Americans were forced to sell all their gold to the f'ed, I mean wtf?! Government decrees no gold in private hands, must be sold to a PRIVATE COMPANY! Just wow....

Lol, after typing "private" the Google next word prompt was "massage" haha, naughty Google!

That's not true. I can go downtown where I live and buy as much gold as I can afford, either in bullion/coins or in metered bars from 1/10th up to whole 1oz bars of solid gold. I'm sure people with more money can get actual gold bricks like you see in the movies. I think what you're referring to is the US going off the gold standard.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

From 1933 to about 1975 it was illegal in the US for citizens to own gold bullion.

So you could have wedding bands, jewelry, gold necklaces, etc, in smaller quantities but no large amounts or gold bars.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Really? I guess I didn't know that. What law was that? Not doubting you, I can try search terms but a link would be great.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

The Gold Reserve Act

link

The Gold Reserve Act outlawed most private possession of gold, forcing individuals to sell it to the Treasury, after which it was stored in United States Bullion Depository at Fort Knox and other locations.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

... but the real con was, as soon as they bought up everybody's gold for about $20 an oz.

they automatically raised the price of gold to $35 an oz.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

... but the real con was, as soon as they bought up everybody's gold for about $20 an oz.

they automatically raised the price of gold to $35 an oz.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

TY for that link.

A year earlier, in 1933, Executive Order 6102 had made it a criminal offense for U.S. citizens to own or trade gold anywhere in the world, with exceptions for some jewelry and collector's coins. These prohibitions were relaxed starting in 1964 – gold certificates were again allowed for private investors on April 24, 1964, although the obligation to pay the certificate holder on demand in gold specie would not be honored. By 1975 Americans could again freely own and trade gold.

Funny enough, after my last post I searched "us gold bullion illegal" and the first link was EO 6102. After reading both, I'm sure I've read them before and I guess forgot? Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I wonder who came up with that scam. How does a government just set the price of gold? Shouldn't that be dictated by the markets?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here isa good explainer although I'm unsure about the role of the Federal Reserve in it all, some articles say the gold went to The Federal Reserve, others say the it went to the Treasury. I don't know enough about these things to really understand what actually happened with lthe gold.
*Hmm, only Wikipedia mentions the treasury, all others say the F'ed.*

Edit: this image seems to cover it

edit on 26-3-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The true rulers of the US control Federal Reserve which includes US Treasury,INS,IRS,US Navy,anything to do with money,the king in a kingdom not part of the USA,same people rule who always have,the ones with the most gold,the Zionist Jews,ones who have destroyed countries throughout history,but they write history,so never hear that from them

top topics

join