It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

As far as I'm aware Christianity is taught in all public UK schools.

I know my Grandson has R.E. about 3 or 4 times a week.
Whilst they do give a brief overview of other religions I'd estimate that 90% of it is about Christ and his teachings.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Doesn't anybody find it odd, that people are bringing up opposition to gay marriage when this very website which is mainly American from what I can tell abounds with homophobia?

Yes the LGBTQ community is just as harrassed as they are in Iran, saudi Arabi, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Russia. Billions of muslims who represent these countries are now the most diverse to some on here.

Scary

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Hecate666

maybe clear your browser cache !

lol I suspect the brower has cleared hectate666.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Got to say Reading through the comments on this makes me proud to be British. They weren't doing anything wrong they were just uniting in the power of prayer against those who were unjustly killed in New Zealand. I don't see what is wrong with that, in a public place where everyone was there for peaceful reasons and with good intentions.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: 1point92AU

LOL...typical leftist response. Are you missing the connection of the dots? London is not a predominately Muslim city nor is the primary religion Islam.

Like I said in my closing...please take a trip to many of the thousands of cities throughout the middle east and play a Christian call to prayer and report back on how well that went for you. Quite a few come to mind where I know you will depart with your head yet the leftist cultural appropriation police here seem to think mixing oil and water in a predominately Christian country are a good thing.

LOL...typical response from someone who experiences life through the internet.

Britain has an established church but...

London is not a predominantly Christian city.

Britain is not a predominantly Christian country.

It's pretty much an open space where different religions are not only tolerated but encouraged.

I realise that might not fit with your world view, but that's what it is. Deal with it.

I've traveled frequently to the UK, the ME, and Asia for 20 years and have seen the most notable change in only 1 of those 3 regions.

It is only Great Britain where I've seen areas such as Wembley become nearly unrecognizable compared to 20 years ago. Go take a stroll through Ilford and let me know how English it feels. For more than 1400 years the UK has been dominated by Christianity. Now Islam is a close second followed by Hinduism, Sikhism, and Judaism. 30% of all political positions in the UK are now held by Muslims.

I have ZERO issues with Muslims as long as they conform to MY laws while they are in MY lands. If they want to practice their customs and their laws they need to remain in THEIR lands.

Go back to sleep now.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mysterychic88

Got to say Reading through the comments on this makes me proud to be British. They weren't doing anything wrong they were just uniting in the power of prayer against those who were unjustly killed in New Zealand. I don't see what is wrong with that, in a public place where everyone was there for peaceful reasons and with good intentions.

How can you be proud to be British when the very essence of being British is compromised by a religion that is not compatible with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and does not allow freedom to choose and change religion? You can become a Muslim, but if you stop being a Muslim and you convert out, you run the risk of the death sentence for apostasy. It does not permit equality before the law, as between men and women, Muslims and non-Muslims.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well like its already been explained, all types are welcome in the UK.

Even you with your rather xenophobic views.

As to whatever anyone wishes to practice, well as long as said practices do not breach the law of the land, people are perfectly free to do as they please, and practice whichever customs or religion they see fit.

"30% of all political positions in the UK are now held by Muslims."

Facts please any links to support your spurious statistic, or did you just pull that one right out of thin air?

Going back to sleep is probably for the best, sleep tight, watch out the Muslims don't bit. LoL
edit on 26-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's my assessment also in Scottish primary schools.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

There is a difference between having a play and some Christmas carols once a year and having the call to prayer going out over a speaker system every day. If you cannot see the difference I don’t know what to say.

So you're saying this call to prayer happens everyday in Trafalgar Square?
I'm pretty sure it was just for the memorial service..right?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Anytime someone uses the word "xenophobic" it's proof they've been assimilated.

edit on 26-3-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

There are Mosques in the area near Trafalgar Square, i imagine the call to prayer is performed in those at least five times a day.

But i think you might be right, this was simply for the memorial service.

And the people who participated were perfectly at liberty to do so.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

There is a difference between having a play and some Christmas carols once a year and having the call to prayer going out over a speaker system every day. If you cannot see the difference I don’t know what to say.

So you're saying this call to prayer happens everyday in Trafalgar Square?
I'm pretty sure it was just for the memorial service..right?

The "memorial service" was used as part of the ongoing assimilation and indoctrination of Islam into the British culture. It's amazing on a site like ATS how so many people cannot connect the dots.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What's wrong with the word "xenophobic", what did the word do? LoL

Anyhoo.

One last time.

Muslims.

Borg

It's really not that complicated.

But to be honest.

I grew up with Muslims living next door, so God knows who ""assimilated"" who to be honest.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The "memorial service" was used as part of the ongoing assimilation and indoctrination of Islam into the British culture

No..I think it was just a memorial service!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think he really means "integration" as opposed to "assimilation".

Else i think we all ken whos been programmed somewhat.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yup, not much you can say, some people want to think a certain way.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

They tolerate this because they have no other choice. The second someone speaks up, they get put down by not only rabid leftists, but their own government. Hence why no one speaks out about the Muslim rape gangs, or Muslim pedophile groups... Can't talk about "minorities" you know, can't have that!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Here comes a Tommy 10 names rant methinks.

Hang on to a get some popcorn eh?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

"So it’s not ok to have anything Christian in public schools"

Where when how?

Plenty of Christian iconographies displayed in my little lads primary, even more in the Catholic school across the road. LoL

"but it’s ok to have the kids learning to pray on rugs on the floor"

Are they Muslim kids, then yes it is indeed just fine.

"and ok to have the call to prayer going out over the speaker system...that is some skewed thinking."

Need some context on the above me thinks?

"I don’t know if kids in London have to Pray on rugs in school"

Then why bring it up?

"but I’m guessing you’re ok with secular humanism barring Christianity in public schools but ok with putting religion all over the airwaves."

Actually, i don't particularly hold with any organized religious practice, i do however recognize others right to do so as long as they are not hurting anyone.

"Congratulations on your s Progressive hypocrisy."

Congratulation on knowing S.F.A about me i afraid, nor Muslims and speaker systems, or so it seems. x

Judgment is rather hypocritical at best my friend, just a thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: UKTruth

Two wrongs and all that mate.

Do we really want to replicate the bigotry and hatred practiced in many/most Islamic nations?

Oh really now you just scolded me about the call to prayer only being a one time event ( which under the circumstances sounds reasonable and respectful ) but in this post you are talking about Islam being bigoted and hateful.... you are defending the religion you are saying is bigoted .... I don’t really get you. Is that what you call tolerance ? By the way, even though you may be right about it being a one time thing... I doubt seriously it stops there. My dad used to tell me the anecdote of the camel in the tent 🐪

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join