It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by:
Because that culture is known to have zero tolerance when it comes to gay rights or religious freedom.
Completely opposite of modern countries beliefs.

That is true of the radicals. Most muslims don't care. There's at least 2 gay couples who attend our local mosque.

Really?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: 1point92AU

a reply to: 1point92AU

Nothing to see here.

Trafalgar Square is a public area. Christians hold Carol Services at Christmas time.

Christian theatre plays have also been held there.

Britain has freedom of religion. If some religious group want to use the square they are free to do so.

In 2010, the first The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square took place on Good Friday. Since then, the Wintershall Players, a troupe of about 100 keen amateurs, stage two open-air recreations of Jesus’ trial, death and resurrection in Trafalgar Square, under Nelson’s Column, on the Friday before Easter.

www.passionofjesus-trafalgar.co.uk...

Trafalgar Square is well known for its Christmas celebrations. It is the main attraction during this time of year, especially when the tree is decorated. It is under this gigantic tree where you will be able to listen to seasonal songs and join in with carol services. Each choir will perform in one hour slots where they will encourage crowds to join in with the festive cheer

www.christmasinlondon.net...

LOL...typical leftist response. Are you missing the connection of the dots? London is not a predominately Muslim city nor is the primary religion Islam.

Like I said in my closing...please take a trip to many of the thousands of cities throughout the middle east and play a Christian call to prayer and report back on how well that went for you. Quite a few come to mind where I know you will depart with your head yet the leftist cultural appropriation police here seem to think mixing oil and water in a predominately Christian country are a good thing.

Typical ignorant response. Or more a daft twat i would think.

Freedom of religion. Just like you have in The U.S.

Or do you clamp down on where people can worship? You know, all those freedoms your Americans keep rattling on about.

But muslims do not belive in religious freedom or gay rights which has no place in a public area

Ignorance is bliss.

Since it was claimed the first same-sex Muslim marriage had taken place in Britain last week, the question of gay marriages within the community has dominated headlines. Asifa Lahore, the country’s first Muslim drag performer, openly rebuffed the assertion, saying the UK’s gay Muslim community is “thriving” with “countless” same-sex marriages having taken place in recent years

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Wrong, backwards, goes against everything England stands for.

Just wow

So why have your location as New York if you reside in the UK to say something like this?

What do actual Londoners know and others from the UK that are posting in this thread saying quite the opposite,

they have no clue what they stand for right?

Your saying Londoners accept this ?

I thought every country dealing with an influx of muslims has the natives restless.

So this is London progressing positively?

Seems like its going backwards.

I think most Londoners are quite happy to accept a peaceful memorial service.

Why wouldn't they?

Because that culture is known to have zero tolerance when it comes to gay rights or religious freedom.

Also known to not assimilate.

Lots of consequences, zero benefit

It might help if you understood that not all Muslims think same.

There is as much diversity of thought inmuslim communities as any other.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Off topic, but have you noticed recently how Americans are becoming a very strange breed of people ?

They see danger and threat almost anywhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Off topic, but have you noticed recently how Americans are becoming a very strange breed of people ?

I like to think (hope) that this site isn't a representative sample.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I like to think (hope) that this site isn't a representative sample.

I would like to think so to.

However, seeing what is going on over there, it does make you wonder.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok. So you think Christians do more child molesting then donating?

Those wealthy countries still lack religious freedom, gay rights and even women and over all human rights.

Why are these wealthy countries lacking in taking in refugees?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Just wow

So why have your location as New York if you reside in the UK to say something like this?

What do actual Londoners know and others from the UK that are posting in this thread saying quite the opposite,

I thought every country dealing with an influx of muslims has the natives restless.

Why wouldn't they?

Lol, you really believe that.

Muslim majority countries are now diverse. Ha ha ha ha ha.

How can you even be serious ?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

The Muslim religion is just as diverse as Christianity.

Sunni Islam, Shia Islam have been kicking the crap out of one another for quite some time.

Rather synonymous with our own Catholics and Protestants if truth be told and then some.

Truth is all Abrahamic organized religious practices are synonymous with one another because they worship the same God.
edit on 26-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Doesn't anybody find it odd, that people are bringing up opposition to gay marriage when this very website which is mainly American from what I can tell abounds with homophobia?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Trust me, the enmity and hatred between Sunni and Shia runs very deep and far outstrips anything we see today between Catholic and Protestant.

There are an incredible number of Islamic denominations, probably more even than there are Christian ones.
And the Islamic world incorporates a huge number of nationalities and cultures.
And with that goes countless tribal/ethnic/racial differences and even conflicts.

But that isn't really the topic under discussion.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There was a thread asking if it would be better for kids to learn in single sex schools. Within 2 pages there were comments about how it was a gay conspiracy to create more gays, and that it would just make weak women who'd then get raped and sue somebody. Yeah but its just the Muslims who are homophobic and oppressive of women.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

And justifying their own religious intolerance and opposition to religious freedom by quoting Islam's religious intolerance.

Many of whom are allegedly libertarians whose core principles are of freedom of speech/faith/expression etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yep, about as diverse as any other religious practice and then some.

Anyway back on topic, what was it again?

That's right crazy nonsensical fear of the unknown, by mad bastards with nothing better to do than voice their latent racism under the guise of religious intolerance.

Bad Muslims, how dare they pray in public place and in such a peaceable manner. LoL

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Just wow

Why wouldn't they?

Lol, you really believe that.

Muslim majority countries are now diverse. Ha ha ha ha ha.

How can you even be serious ?

Try replying to what I actually said.

ETA - actually let me correct myself. Don't bother replying as you are clearly just another bigoted moron and I am fed up wasting my time with you.
edit on 26-3-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Christian call to prayer is church bells.

Muslims do that voice thing and blow a horn or something.

I (personally) wouldn't worry about it until they start cutting off bits and pieces of you and making Sharia mandatory.

Churches actually were typically the only people who could afford clocks...the bells, while used as a call to service, were made to signal time as their primary function...

-Chris

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Nothing to see here.

Trafalgar Square is a public area. Christians hold Carol Services at Christmas time.

Christian theatre plays have also been held there.

Britain has freedom of religion. If some religious group want to use the square they are free to do so.

In 2010, the first The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square took place on Good Friday. Since then, the Wintershall Players, a troupe of about 100 keen amateurs, stage two open-air recreations of Jesus’ trial, death and resurrection in Trafalgar Square, under Nelson’s Column, on the Friday before Easter.

www.passionofjesus-trafalgar.co.uk...

Trafalgar Square is well known for its Christmas celebrations. It is the main attraction during this time of year, especially when the tree is decorated. It is under this gigantic tree where you will be able to listen to seasonal songs and join in with carol services. Each choir will perform in one hour slots where they will encourage crowds to join in with the festive cheer

www.christmasinlondon.net...
There is a difference between having a play and some Christmas carols once a year and having the call to prayer going out over a speaker system every day. If you cannot see the difference I don’t know what to say.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Freeborn

Just from what I have heard or seen from different sites, with no go zones and such, it seems to be happening.

Not really, like America and probably every country on this planet, there are some areas you would want to have your wits about you, but there are no no-go zones, nowhere that is a public place that your religion or lack of precludes you from entering. It's just statements made by certain far right groups that people too ignorant to actually question believe. And then said people call other people sheep.

So you find it completely acceptable that if a country becomes open for refugees, in order to help them, that those same refugees start telling the countries citizens that you are not allowed in the refugee community or you will die?

That is not how it should be.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

As has been explained on several occasions throughout this thread; it isn't happening daily, it was a one-off memorial event for the victims of the recent terrorist attack in New Zealand.

If you can not see the difference I don't know what to say.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: highvein

Simply, it's about free religious expression.

As i said through, no harm, no foul, its a call to prayer.

They are not mobbing and rioting nor doing anything else illegal, far as i can establish.
So it’s not ok to have anything Christian in public schools but it’s ok to have the kids learning to pray on rugs on the floor and ok to have the call to prayer going out over the speaker system... that is some skewed thinking. I don’t know if kids in London have to
Pray on rugs in school but I’m guessing you’re ok with secular humanism barring Christianity in public schools but ok with putting religion all over the airwaves. Congratulations on your s Progressive hypocrisy.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join