It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: 1point92AU
if its so offensive to you then call for a petition or something similar to stop it
its not like calling for war, its just a call to Muslims to pray

How would it be accepted if it were a call to Christian prayer ? With that many Christians in a public square ?

You mean when church bells ring? Like that? That is the same thing as this.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

maybe clear your browser cache !

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wrong, backwards, goes against everything England stands for.

Just wow

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Why would anyone want to do that , its disrespectful and its forbidden for any non muslim to even enter into mecca let alone play the British national anthem !

Thing is we should respect others religions not seek to mock them just because they are different or seek to disturb their religious practices or holy ground just because we are spiteful
and some even act like children

this mentality of, if they can do it here on my hallowed british ground then I must also be able to do it in their homeland
is childish !

well, im sure a lot of people feel its disrespectful to have the muslim call to prayer playing over speakers in central london, but people are forced to accept it and saying you dont approve brings serious backlash..

however, suggesting a british song be played in saudi arabia is also disrespectful and faces backlash...

thats the kind of mentality I dont like...

how about all people be allowed to decide what they like, what they dont like without being ridiculed.

I really don't understand where you get your information from, I honestly don't - why would hearing a muslim call to prayer be considered disrespectful? I know you may find it hard, really hard to understand, but apart from the usual hard right wing idiots, the majority can separate terrorists who hide behind the flag of religion, and those that worship and do not have any such murderous agenda. Please don't try and tell me it's a religion full of hate while ignoring the violent, murderous, spiteful God of the Old Testament upon which the three Abrahemic faiths are based, it's just bias.

Nobody is 'forced' to accept anything - are non Christians 'forced' to endure church bells? Are they tied up in anguish and pain and hate? No, if you take away the extremes at either end of society we really do like people to be free to worship and live their lives. It's how we are.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Just wow

So why have your location as New York if you reside in the UK to say something like this?

What do actual Londoners know and others from the UK that are posting in this thread saying quite the opposite,

they have no clue what they stand for right?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Among Americans, 81 percent say they have always believed in God, compared to just 37 percent in Great Britain, 25 percent in Japan and 13 percent in former East Germany.

So..........only 37% of the people in Great Britain believe in God.
www.christianpost.com...

Then theres:

Official figures – based on an annual pew count – show that only 1.4 per cent of the population of England now attend Anglican services on a typical Sunday morning.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'd guess there's few Brits left in London that even care about the Muslim call to prayer, especially on religious grounds. Most apparently got no religion. As for the Muslim takeover of "The City"? Its not called Londonistan for nothing.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Who cares?

The people who attended the peace vigil , obviously.

Th OP seemed to suggest the call to prayer was something other than what it was , my post was to show that it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU
How on Earth do the Brits tolerate this?

Because us Brits are tolerant. This is OK. Don't let it worry you.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Just wow

So why have your location as New York if you reside in the UK to say something like this?

What do actual Londoners know and others from the UK that are posting in this thread saying quite the opposite,

Your saying Londoners accept this ?

I thought every country dealing with an influx of muslims has the natives restless.

So this is London progressing positively?

Seems like its going backwards.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Just wow

I thought every country dealing with an influx of muslims has the natives restless.

Meanwhile in New York.

Do you have a problem with this ? If so i feel sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just wow

I think most Londoners are quite happy to accept a peaceful memorial service.

Why wouldn't they?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Oh yeah and to all the leftist shills who will no doubt bombard this thread with remarks about Islamophobia, etc, please do me a favor and go visit most of the middle eastern cities where Islam is the predominate religion (specifically under Sharia Law) and play your call to prayer and let us know how it turns out for you.

I despise all religion equally, so much death in the name of some meaningless entity, but in your closing you state how Christian/Catholic/Non Islamic prayer could not be preached in other countries but we allow islam to preach in ours, is that not the right way, because others are less tolerant should we become less tolerant.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, 2 wrongs dont make a right, etc. You should be proud your country is not repressed rather than jealous of their inability to accept outsiders as that makes you no better than those you are calling out.

First there is no comparison of the 2 religions. Christians go around the world donating and volunteering their services more then any other group.
Especially in Africa

Muslims have failed in their beliefs and its resonated in what their countries look like.

Muslims have to leave their failed countires and be hosted by more successful ones that were formed with the idea of one nation under god.

The whole I hate evey religion is the weakest cop out ever. You guys are just afraid to single out the bad ones.

People are very tolerant, especially in the u.s. who has accepted many different kinds of immigrants. But today citizens are seeing these newly imported groups are nothing like the old immigrants of the past.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Just wow

I think most Londoners are quite happy to accept a peaceful memorial service.

Why wouldn't they?

Because that culture is known to have zero tolerance when it comes to gay rights or religious freedom.
Completely opposite of modern countries beliefs.

Also known to not assimilate.

Lots of consequences, zero benefit

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Just wow

Meanwhile in New York.

Do you have a problem with this ? If so i feel sorry for you.

Do you believe in religious freedom and gay rights?

Seems like you are defending those who do not?
There is a reason why they had to leave their home countries and be hosted by more successful ones.

There was a failure at some level

If you are playing a civilization game and want the best cities...its a no brainer what to import and what to avoid.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Because that culture is known to have zero tolerance when it comes to gay rights or religious freedom.

You do see the irony and the hypocrisy in this statement don't you?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Nothing to see here.

Trafalgar Square is a public area. Christians hold Carol Services at Christmas time.

Christian theatre plays have also been held there.

Britain has freedom of religion. If some religious group want to use the square they are free to do so.

In 2010, the first The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square took place on Good Friday. Since then, the Wintershall Players, a troupe of about 100 keen amateurs, stage two open-air recreations of Jesus’ trial, death and resurrection in Trafalgar Square, under Nelson’s Column, on the Friday before Easter.

www.passionofjesus-trafalgar.co.uk...

Trafalgar Square is well known for its Christmas celebrations. It is the main attraction during this time of year, especially when the tree is decorated. It is under this gigantic tree where you will be able to listen to seasonal songs and join in with carol services. Each choir will perform in one hour slots where they will encourage crowds to join in with the festive cheer

www.christmasinlondon.net...

LOL...typical leftist response. Are you missing the connection of the dots? London is not a predominately Muslim city nor is the primary religion Islam.

Like I said in my closing...please take a trip to many of the thousands of cities throughout the middle east and play a Christian call to prayer and report back on how well that went for you. Quite a few come to mind where I know you will depart with your head yet the leftist cultural appropriation police here seem to think mixing oil and water in a predominately Christian country are a good thing.

Typical ignorant response. Or more a daft twat i would think.

Freedom of religion. Just like you have in The U.S.

Or do you clamp down on where people can worship? You know, all those freedoms your Americans keep rattling on about.

But muslims do not belive in religious freedom or gay rights which has no place in a public area

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Ignorance is bliss.

Muslims have to leave their failed countires

5 of the top 15 wealthiest countries are muslim.

www.worldatlas.com...

Christians go around the world donating and volunteering their services more then any other group.

And send their peadophile priests along the way.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Kryties
I read the OP as this:

"Freedom of speech and freedom of religion for all............

..............except Muslims".

I believe that would be nail firmly hit on head.

Yes it's hard to argue otherwise, well unless you are living in some delusional conservative Christian la-la land.

Most people today believe in religious freedom and gay rights.
And most don't want to see a group who are against that practice in a public space.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by:
Completely opposite of modern countries beliefs.

That is true of the radicals. Most muslims don't care. There's at least 2 gay couples who attend our local mosque.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

the bible is not a book of peace according to uk immigration try reading that aloud in trafalgar square and you would be arrested sick of all the fu-cking bull# i dont care who prays to who but there should be one law for all sorry rant over

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join