It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Why would anyone want to do that , its disrespectful and its forbidden for any non muslim to even enter into mecca let alone play the British national anthem !

Thing is we should respect others religions not seek to mock them just because they are different or seek to disturb their religious practices or holy ground just because we are spiteful
and some even act like children

this mentality of, if they can do it here on my hallowed british ground then I must also be able to do it in their homeland
is childish !

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I saw less disapproval, on this site, of the killings that led them to this peaceful call to prayer. Says a lot about this place as of late.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

It sounds like it was a moving and very beautiful event, if I'd been working down there I would have attended. Sad that some people would rather look to spread hate than compassion.

Agreed. I would have gone too.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

ATS has been dipped into the cess pool of humanity and some of the # has stuck
and just seems to float around like that one #e ye cannae flush away
and they rear their stinkiy broon heids whenever any threads like this come up!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Isn't it funny how many of the same people acting all aghast at this event were the same ones that cheered on Trump's recent EO about free speech?

It's almost like they don't actually care about free speech. They just care about being able to spout their hateful ideology without being told to shut up.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Deleted because half of this was missing, always happens when I try to make a long post at the end of a page.

edit on 26-3-2019 by Hecate666 because: Crap formatting

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh Gawd...don't bring Trump into this, please....

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Arrghh WTFF?
Still not working.
Why does only half my post appear? Took me ages to write and only half of it shows. This is majorly offpissing.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OK, here is the first half then:

a reply to: oldcarpy

Your [froggy] feet are burning and the stove is up to 4 and you are telling me how nice and warm it is!!!

You lot are so oblivious to the fact that even your tolerance isn't needed for much longer, because we are well past that point. Islam is already here and it ain't going nowhere.

Is the reason for the congregation really important or is it incredible that a call for prayer can happen in the middle of London?
Remember that the reasons for any islamic advance will always be 'good' [and even the individuals involved will think so]. They wouldn't meet for a quick lunch time jihad, would they [apart from a few that we can't pinpoint]?

A drop of water is 'incredibly good' too, but enough of them will hollow a stone!

Yes they pray for NZ,I'm with them!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Second half:

But that doesn't change anything about the fact that such a display is even happening at all! You have been warmed up so slowly that you think it's totally normal. It aint.
Maybe I seem intolerant of organised 'religion', especially islam. Well heck what do you know, I have a right to my opinion as a European in Europe, which I quite like to stay European in culture, even if you have a secret wish for your kids to wear burkhas and adhere to sariah law.

This is not a rant at individual muslims of which there are quite a few nice ones

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Fourth frigging part not working.
Giving up on this crap. There was much more but it only posts a few words I've already written. Any mods that can help?

edit on 26-3-2019 by Hecate666 because: Any mods that can help, this is not working at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Islam is already here and it ain't going nowhere.

Lots of cultures and religions are here, have been for ages and are not going away. London has always been multi-cultural.

Is the reason for the congregation really important

It's not irrelevant.

or is it incredible that a call for prayer can happen in the middle of London?

No. Have you actually been to London?

You find a message of peace and love from multi faiths to be some sort of thin end of the wedge?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

even if you have a secret wish for your kids to wear burkhas and adhere to sariah law.

I do, do I? Righto.....if you say so.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah, I have explained more in my post but this s4itty site doesn't work properly.

Here is the rest [if it lets me] or I will just flood it with the one sentence it lets me until a mod helps.

This is not a rant at individual muslims of which there are quite a few nice ones

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sounds like its worse than Netflix's at times. LoL

Are you posting from a mobile per-chance?

Sometimes ATS is just slow.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

OMG it doesn't even let me write an explanation as to my editing. This is not right.

ETA , no I am on my laptop. It's not happening. Won't bother now. Doesn't even let me explain now why I edited.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Hecate666 because: REASON REASON REASON HELLOOOO DOES THIS WORK NOW???

It lets me write this but not the rest of my post. Will have to delete it all as otherwise without a conclusion people here will get the wrong end of the stick. Like bad editing.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When I was in the middle east I actually found the call to be relaxing in a way.

*shrugs* to each their own.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If it lets me reply...

Yes, we are regularly in London as my husband's family lives there. We also owned a house in Forest Gate, also known as little Pakistan, as all the shops and 99% of people there are Pakistani [apart from Pondstretcher]. I know my stuff first hand.

Could answer your other points but I explained them in my OP and had problems posting so you only got to read half of it.

I can't help you because you are wearing diversity goggles, nothing I say would convince you otherwise.
So I won't even bother, it's a waste of my finger movement and I have CFS, so every movement counts.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You can't be in England that much because you're talking bollocks. There is no danger of islamification in this country. Religions are all dying a death thankfully. They are just a weapon used by those who want to sow discord like you. It's attitudes like yours that are dangerous and the UK doesn't want them.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Why would anyone want to do that , its disrespectful and its forbidden for any non muslim to even enter into mecca let alone play the British national anthem !

Thing is we should respect others religions not seek to mock them just because they are different or seek to disturb their religious practices or holy ground just because we are spiteful
and some even act like children

this mentality of, if they can do it here on my hallowed british ground then I must also be able to do it in their homeland
is childish !

well, im sure a lot of people feel its disrespectful to have the muslim call to prayer playing over speakers in central london, but people are forced to accept it and saying you dont approve brings serious backlash..

however, suggesting a british song be played in saudi arabia is also disrespectful and faces backlash...

thats the kind of mentality I dont like...

how about all people be allowed to decide what they like, what they dont like without being ridiculed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join