It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Crowds gathered with candles and held signs that read “Muslims against hatred”, “love will win, terror will lose” and “stop the voices of hate.”

How can this insanity be allowed, arrest the lot of them...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I read the OP as this:

"Freedom of speech and freedom of religion for all............

..............except Muslims".

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I read the OP as this:

I believe that would be nail firmly hit on head.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Kryties
I read the OP as this:

I believe that would be nail firmly hit on head.

Yes it's hard to argue otherwise, well unless you are living in some delusional conservative Christian la-la land.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: UKTruth

I know that you fool.

I was pointing out the one from Scotland which is totally irrelevant.

No, it isn't.

The case of Smith v Donnelly [2001] SCCR 800 is the leading case on the definition of breach of the peace in Scotland. In particular, it was held that “what is required to constitute the crime is conduct severe enough to cause alarm to ordinary people and threaten serious disturbance to the community.” It also states that “something substantially greater than mere irritation is involved,” adding that “what is required…is conduct which does present as genuinely alarming and disturbing, in its context, to any reasonable person”.

Because of the limitations inherent in the common law crime of breach of
the peace a new statutory offence of Threatening or abusive behaviour was
enacted in the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010, Section
38. While it is hoped that no street preaching would objectively qualify as
either threatening or abusive, you should take particular care in discussion of sensitive subjects.

Prosecuting authorities now appear to favour the use of Section 38 to tackle
any sort of behaviour in the street which causes a disturbance. The boundaries are perhaps a bit clearer and it is easier for prosecutors to prove. Most behaviour which would qualify as breach of the peace would also fall within Section 38.
In terms of that section it is an offence if:
1. 'A' behaves in a threatening or abusive manner and
2. The behaviour would be likely to cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm and
3. 'A' intends to cause fear or alarm or is reckless as to whether the behaviour would cause fear or alarm.

Preaching the Gospel on a public street is perfectly fine in Scotland, fool.

www.eauk.org...

Not only are you a fool, but a fool x 2.

Here is the case in reference to the vid.

Abolishing blasphemy laws is widely regarded as marking an improvement in human rights, specifically in relation to freedom of religion or belief, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and academic freedom. However, at the same time the Scottish government has been keen to abolish its Christian blasphemy law, it has allowed, what is in effect, a new blasphemy law to develop, which has led to multiple arrests of those criticising politically correct beliefs in twenty-first-century Scotland.

For several years now, Christian street preachers in Scotland have been targeted using hate crime laws by activists seeking to silence them by deliberately asking questions about Christian teaching on Islam or sexual ethics. When the preachers explain what the Bible says, no matter how respectfully, the activists make a police complaint, leading to the preachers being arrested.

barnabasfund.org...

And this.

A MOVE to scrap Scotland’s centuries-old blasphemy law has been backed by the SNP’s ruling body, meaning repealing the legislation is now party policy.

The Confession of Faith Ratification Act 1690, which outlaws blasphemy, was last used in Scotland in 1843 to convict Edinburgh bookseller Thomas Paterson who was jailed for selling blasphemous literature. A resolution to the SNP’s national council, passed at its meeting on Saturday, called for there to be no possibility that anyone now, or in the future, could be prosecuted.

www.thenational.scot...

The 1690 Act is still in force at this time.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Who cares.. Whats you issue. If peeps want to call others to prayer thats upto them. That in itself is not hurting anyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Some Muslims hold a vigil and pray for peace following the NZ shootings. In a country that has freedom of religion and in a public place.

What is the problem with any of that?

Just stirring up intolerance and bigotry when us Brits have no problem with this. Some Yanks on here could do with minding their own business. Very sad..

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is no different to the bells I hear ringing every Sunday in my small town in Scotland.

Where’s the outrage about that?

Oh right. They’re not Muslims.

Of ALL of the things to be annoyed/angry/outraged at, you chose this?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

It's all good if everyone is treated the same, unfortunately that is not the case.

"Nobody wants to listen to you" says the policeman.

Man arrested in Perth, Scotland for preaching.

Stop making yourself look a twat.

English Law & Scottish Law are two different things.

Scotland does not have the religious freedoms the same as England. However change may come.

A group of academics has called for religious freedom to be fully recognised in Scotland. A new paper on Religious Freedom in Scotland offers a legal contribution to the debate. It outlines the protections contained in international and European legal instruments and in national constitutions. The paper also makes a set of proposals for ensuring the protection of religious freedom in Scotland.

www.sconews.co.uk...

Religious freedom in Scotland is covered by the same act as England.

No it's not.

In England and Wales the “blasphemy” and “blasphemous libel” laws were abolished in 2008. However similar laws remain on the books in Scotland and in Northern Ireland

end-blasphemy-laws.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Freeborn

Just from what I have heard or seen from different sites, with no go zones and such, it seems to be happening.

Not really, like America and probably every country on this planet, there are some areas you would want to have your wits about you, but there are no no-go zones, nowhere that is a public place that your religion or lack of precludes you from entering. It's just statements made by certain far right groups that people too ignorant to actually question believe. And then said people call other people sheep.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The call to prayer was recited at Trafalgar Square, Central London today during a peace vigil for the #Christchurch terror attack victims.
twitter.com...

Nuff said.

Who cares? Something happened on the other side of the world. Things happen all the time and none of them get this treatment and public caterwauling. It's digusting.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

The call to prayer was recited at Trafalgar Square, Central London today during a peace vigil for the #Christchurch terror attack victims.
twitter.com...

Nuff said.

Who cares? Something happened on the other side of the world. Things happen all the time and none of them get this treatment and public caterwauling. It's digusting.

So are you saying that you think that if this happened in a church over here, it wouldn't be getting the same coverage? Right.............

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: RMFX1

twitter.com...

Nuff said.

So are you saying that you think that if this happened in a church over here, it wouldn't be getting the same coverage? Right.............

In Christchurch? Yeah, thats exactly what I'm saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Just marking my place here to see you torn to shreds. Continue.

Just marking your place for my place.......I shall be quite.....

Nah I lied.....

One word -

Jihad.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

But but - he wasn't preaching from a minaret - thats where he went wrong

LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think there are still some laws doing the rounds from 1600s that allow people to be hanged for stealing a horse or even playing the bagpipes.

Just like down south, though we tend to keep the ancient arcane ones on the back burner somewhat in this day of age.

Christ, if you want to get technical, same-sex sexual activity was illegal right up until 1981. LoL

Pritty much the same religious laws apply all over the UK in this day of age.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It's all good if everyone is treated the same, unfortunately that is not the case.

"Nobody wants to listen to you" says the policeman.

Man arrested in Perth, Scotland for preaching.

Stop making yourself look a twat.

English Law & Scottish Law are two different things.

Scotland does not have the religious freedoms the same as England. However change may come.

A group of academics has called for religious freedom to be fully recognised in Scotland. A new paper on Religious Freedom in Scotland offers a legal contribution to the debate. It outlines the protections contained in international and European legal instruments and in national constitutions. The paper also makes a set of proposals for ensuring the protection of religious freedom in Scotland.

www.sconews.co.uk...

Religious freedom in Scotland is covered by the same act as England.

No it's not.

In England and Wales the “blasphemy” and “blasphemous libel” laws were abolished in 2008. However similar laws remain on the books in Scotland and in Northern Ireland

end-blasphemy-laws.org...

Last prosecution was almost 200 years ago and any attempt to use would certainly fail due to human rights act.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think it is still legal to shoot a Welshman from Chester's city walls with a bow and arrow but I suspect the Police and CPS would not be very impressed with that.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: andy06shake

I think it is still legal to shoot a Welshman from Chester's city walls with a bow and arrow but I suspect the Police and CPS would not be very impressed with that.

I'm sure it's a Scotsman from the city walls of York. Sounds like that's right up your street, maybe get one in before they change the law (if they haven't already).

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Was Jerry Springer The Opera allowed up there? If I remember correctly a lot of English theatres caved into pressure to ban it. Vaguely remember there being a Hindi play being banned following a few riots around 2005ish too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join