It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What a winner

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Unfortunately, this is more an example of White guilt than anything......

Its got # all to do with white guilt and everything to do with religious freedom.

You've been told that Trafalgar Square is regularly used for various religious/cultural events.
You've been told that this was in memorial of the people recently killed in a terrorist attack in New Zealand.

At this event nobody advocated support for any terrorist organisations, nobody shouted for the imposition of Sharia Law, not one single UK law was broken.
If any of that had happened I'd share your outrage, but it didn't so where is the bloody problem?

White guilt my arse!

edit on 25/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: highvein

Who is 'they'?

The one's who decides what the laws should be.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Just from what I have heard or seen from different sites, with no go zones and such, it seems to be happening.

I've been around the block and seen and done a lot of things.
Travel the length and breadth of the UK on a regular basis, been to most major towns and cities.
Travelled all over Europe, including some obscure Eastern European places.

Its my experience that there's dodgy places everywhere and many major cities have places that could be called 'no-go areas'.

I'm certain there's areas in most major US cities where its advisable for white people not to enter.

I know a few friends who were on the subway in New York and they were approached by a black woman who kindly advised them in the strongest terms possible to get off at the next stop and go back the way they came as soon as possible otherwise they probably wouldn't be coming out alive.

Sensationalism?

I don't know but stories like that about life in many US towns and cities are pretty common place.

Following your logic that must mean that the whole of the USA is under threat of gang, gun, drug crime with no-go areas everywhere.

See how easy it is to exaggerate and misrepresent things.

Hey, as long as your good with it. I don't live there. It just seems ironic that you guys let a lot of immigrants in to help them, but now you can't walk down their part of town. That is why my initial statement to this OP was, the Brits can't do anything about it, they asked for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So the House of Lords then really.
edit on 25-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So the House of Lords then really.

lol. Yeah. That is as good as any.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Simply, it's about free religious expression.

As i said through, no harm, no foul, its a call to prayer.

They are not mobbing and rioting nor doing anything else illegal, far as i can establish.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: 1point92AU

There is nothing the Brits can do about it.

Frighteningly accurate.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Nothing to see here.

Trafalgar Square is a public area. Christians hold Carol Services at Christmas time.

Christian theatre plays have also been held there.

Britain has freedom of religion. If some religious group want to use the square they are free to do so.

In 2010, the first The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square took place on Good Friday. Since then, the Wintershall Players, a troupe of about 100 keen amateurs, stage two open-air recreations of Jesus’ trial, death and resurrection in Trafalgar Square, under Nelson’s Column, on the Friday before Easter.

www.passionofjesus-trafalgar.co.uk...

Trafalgar Square is well known for its Christmas celebrations. It is the main attraction during this time of year, especially when the tree is decorated. It is under this gigantic tree where you will be able to listen to seasonal songs and join in with carol services. Each choir will perform in one hour slots where they will encourage crowds to join in with the festive cheer

www.christmasinlondon.net...

Finally some sanity. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Simply, it's about free religious expression.

As i said through, no harm, no foul, its a call to prayer.

They are not mobbing and rioting nor doing anything else illegal, far as i can establish.

It has nothing to do with mobbing or rioting or doing anything illegal. It has to do with assimilation but it appears many here are unable to connect the dots. Do some research to find out how many government officials in the UK are now Muslim compared to 20 years ago.

It's about assimilation. The location of the event even has significance. Trafalgar is of Arabic origin.

Amazing on a site like ATS there are so many people unaware of what is going on in Londonistan.
edit on 25-3-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The immigrant invasion of Europe is about to become a major issue

I would keep my eyes on this if I were you

Sweden, Britain, Ireland, Germany all have growing right wing nationalist movements forming and honestly I dont blame them

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Who are they assimilating?

They are Muslims, not Borg ffs.

They are praying perfectly peaceably.

So you have a problem with government officials that are Muslim?

Why?

What about the Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddist, atheist and agnostic government officials, do we not like them nether?

What the hell does the battle of Trafalgar, which happened during the Napoleonic wars have to do with Arabs? LoL

You do realize it was a naval engagement against the combined fleets of the French and Spanish Navies and nothing to do with Arabia?

Please connect the dots for us, but try not and make them racist dots eh?
edit on 25-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Could all those growing right-wing nationalist movements possibly have something to do with history repeating itself per-chance?

Tragic really how we simply refuse to learn, from one generation to the next where our past historical transgressions are concerned.

Guess its the Muslims turn this time around as opposed to the Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals, persecuted last time.

And the fun part is, we dont even need to build the concentration camps when we have forced austerity in operation and all those lovely private prisons.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Welp. They shouldn't have just moved themselves by the millions and start forcably changing their culture

They create their problems and that's why they had to escape their middle eastern and African hell holes

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

How did the current iteration of Israel come about?

Think we had a fair hand in that one coming around.

As to the problems in these other nations you claim they are trying to escape from. Well 9 times out of 10, we are involved there as well.

If we bomb them they will come.

Quite simple really.

Tell me something, what problem were they creating simply by praying in a public square?
edit on 26-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You do arch up so quickly ol son...that's why we loves ya.

Last time I checked, England was a "Christian" country, even the Queen of England is the head of the Church of England, a Christian Church.

The Official "Native" language of England is English, and one would expect its citizens to primarily speak it in public...at home they can do as they wish.

If their is a Moslem call to prayer, in a Public Place, In England, In its biggest city, In its most famous Square, then I damn well expect....No, Demand that it be conducted in English....so ALL citizen who hear it, can partake in it and celebrate it.

But Alas Poor Yorick, it was not to be.....it was in some Foreign language, known only by a few, not by the many.

That this Has been Allowed by the "Natives" of Britain, is a direct result of their "White Guilt", those poor unfortunate brown people, we have wronged them so much (and yes I agree we have).

Cast your Mind back to 2002, October 2002 to be exact.

In a little place Far, Far Away from Mother England, is a little Island, called Bali, a little tourist mecca
, for white Europeans...to have some fun, let their hair down, and place millions of $$ into the local economy....of the poor brown people...

In October 2002, a Radical Islamic Group, one of many in Radical Islamic Indonesia, the Biggest Muslim country in the World (200 Million of them).........called Jemaah Islamiyah decided to stick it up the Whiteys, and bombed 2 popular clubs, Killing 202 people and injuring 200 more.

Those Killed included:-
88 Australians.
23 UKians.
7 USAnians.
6 Germans.
5 Swedish.
4 Netherlands.
4 France.
3 Denmark.

Etc Etc Etc....all White Europeans....all innocent tourists going about their business, spending money.

This was a HUGE abomination, and an affront to peace and harmony and love etc etc....All caused by ISLAM MUSLIMS/MOSLEMS MURDERERS.

Perhaps you could clear this up for me, but Im sure this would have been HUGE news in the UK at the time.

Do you recall the good Moslem people of England, gathering in Trafalgar Square, to call to prayer for all the fallen "Europeans", the well over 100 + people, who were indiscriminately Killed by THEIR MOSLEM own people, in the name of THEIR own Religion?

I would like to know please, with some links provided thankyou.

I do recall Moslems shown on TV, cheering and celebrating the cold murders by their own people, at the time.

What would have been the reaction in England at the time? We would all love to know.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I hear you OP!!!

Every 10min. a plane overhead and they keep getting more. Spring is upon us and Sunday morning 08:00 these motorcyclist want to enjoy a nice bikeride not realising that damn noise is disturbing my peace. My neighbor does not seem to understand that renovating his house is something I don't need to hear. Damn neighborhood kids can't seem to enjoy playtime without shouting at the top of their lungs.

People just don't understand that I like silence. Why can't people take this into consideration?

Peace

ETA: oh my bad, I thought the OP was complaining about the noise. My arabic is to poor to hear what they are saying but if it insulting or provocative then I think they really shouldn't be allowed to do that.

ETA2 : oh my bad again, i believe the OP wasn't complaining about the message either but the people shouting it....that's uhhhh....yeah...I got nothing.
edit on 26-3-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

This was a respectful 'call to prayer' in remembrance to the victims of the recent terrorist attack.
No British Laws were broken.
There was no anti-UK rhetoric, no calls for a Caliphate, no calls for vengeance, no anti Christian vitriol, no expression of support for Muslim extremists or Islamic terrorists.
There was no call to take over UK society and impose Sharia.

If any of that had occurred then I'd probably be more passionate in my opposition to this 'call to prayer' and any other than probably the vast majority on here.

It was all conducted in Arabic because as far as I'm aware that's the common language of most Muslims and its the language that Islam is taught in most countries.

I could easily be wrong.....but I don't care really.

There are real and valid fears about creeping Islamification, the insidious nature of many of its teachings and how many interpretations of it are simply diametrically opposed to western beliefs of freedom of thought, speech and faith etc.

edit on 26/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's all good if everyone is treated the same, unfortunately that is not the case.

"Nobody wants to listen to you" says the policeman.

Man arrested in Perth, Scotland for preaching.

Stop making yourself look a twat.

English Law & Scottish Law are two different things.

Scotland does not have the religious freedoms the same as England. However change may come.

A group of academics has called for religious freedom to be fully recognised in Scotland. A new paper on Religious Freedom in Scotland offers a legal contribution to the debate. It outlines the protections contained in international and European legal instruments and in national constitutions. The paper also makes a set of proposals for ensuring the protection of religious freedom in Scotland.

www.sconews.co.uk...

Religious freedom in Scotland is covered by the same act as England.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

'If their is a Moslem call to prayer, in a Public Place, In England, In its biggest city, In its most famous Square, then I damn well expect....No, Demand that it be conducted in English....so ALL citizen who hear it, can partake in it and celebrate it.'

my good fellow, you are perfectly entitled to unfurl a banner in the square demanding English only prayers. but an expectation that a welcomed community should/must venerate in the English tongue can only be construed as a tad xenophobic and paranoid.

extremists of all forms will rise and do their thing but take heed there be lions on these shores to hammer down and counter the haters.
I will say my experiences in the nations of other faiths have enlightened me as to all the flavours these good shores have
welcomed. I've been up close and personal with tooled-up crazy fundamentalists, countered the threat and quietly gone on my way. lol even intervened in an attempted rape of a young-silly English boy wanting to spread the Christian message
amongst a small group of men in the dark hours where all they wanted was to spread his cheeks. sometimes violence is the only option with crazies and I for one will counter violence with firstly reasonable force to be multiplied as the situation sees fit.
make no mistake fundies of all flavours will be treated equally.
f.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join