It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

There actually are 'no go' areas in thousands of housing estates all over Britain

They’re not “no-go zones”. They are just rough areas that people choose to avoid, like every town/city in every part of the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

There actually are 'no go' areas in thousands of housing estates all over Britain

They’re not “no-go zones”. They are just rough areas that people choose to avoid, like every town/city in every part of the world.
Mate, I know that, I grew up on a #hole council estate, no go zones is a good name for it, there are plenty of places which are effectively no go zones if you are not from there and nothing to do with religion, that was my point.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Mate, I know that, I grew up on a #hole council estate, no go zones is a good name for it, there are plenty of places which are effectively no go zones if you are not from there and nothing to do with religion, that was my point.

I agree, to a point.

I grew up in an ex council estate in Dover near the old MOD fields. There was a whole area along Folkestone Road that people called a “no-go zone” because of the amount of refugees in the estates there. I walked along that toad and into different estates to visit friends and an uncle. Never got attacked. Never got chased out. Nothing. Only thing was I felt a bit uncomfortable because of all the crap people had told me about that area.

So no, calling a rough estate/area a “no-go zone” isn’t accurate. It just adds to peoples hysteria and they end up drawing lines and boundaries where none are needed.

What I do agree with is most of the rough areas are made from/by Brits (regardless of religion). Still wouldn’t stop me going through them.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I grew up on an estate too and it was definitely a no go zone. If you tried to get on the estate we'd sic the dogs on you, we didn't want you near our mansion, particularly the pool area.

edit on 5-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Agreed, rough streets nobody walks down if not from there because you are guaranteed trouble, I could take you to one ten minutes away from me. It will start with white non Muslim 12 year olds on illegal scooters and if you are lucky you'll get away without a kicking, just no money or phone.
I don't think 'no go' is dramatic, more realistic. I pass drug deals etc every day, but my face is known, I'm part of the community, safe, not a grass. Different estates I'll only visit with someone from there.
My main point is that violent rough areas are everywhere, effectively no go zones if you are not from there, nothing to do with religion either, just tribalism.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: 1point92AU
Wait until Sharia courts are established in the UK. They are coming.

They'll probably get set up in your fictitious no go zones first, maybe start there.

Spoken like someone who has never been there.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: 1point92AU

et me be clear again. I have no issues with Muslims practicing their religious beliefs. To the contrary, I support any person who chooses to allow themselves to be indoctrinated by any religion be it peaceful or not. However, they need to remain in their lands, in their culture, amongst their people with those religious expressions.

So, Jews, Hindus, Bhuddists, Sikhs etc etc have to stay in "their lands"? Where might that be if they were born in the UK? Should we build a wall?

The operative set of words in my sentence is "with those religious expressions".

It's like this OldCarpy. Let's say you are a die hard Steeler's fan and you invite me over to watch the game. I come into your house wearing my team's jersey in support. You are cool with this. But then I decide I don't like the fact you have Steeler's paraphernalia all over your house so I begin swapping out all of your team's colors with mine.

At this point I have overstepped the bounds of my right to express my support for my team and I have begun to indoctrinate you who is an unwilling participant in that action.

It's a simple example but it is effective and illustrates my point.

In a foreign land you can be supportive of your religion but you don't have the right to impress those religious doctrines on the people of that land.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Just like you!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We have to come up with a name for the western version of ISIS because many folk are acting like it nowadays.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just like you!!!!!

East London is unrecognizable from 20 years ago. Only one way to know that.

Take a trip to Peshawar and stroll on into some of the neighboring communities and espouse your views. It should end well for you. Maybe you can convince them because you are so accepting of them then they, too, should be accepting of you. LOL.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Calm down mate.

Nobody is getting stoned to death in East London, at least not in the way you are going on about.

Khyber Pass country is none of our god darned business, has not been for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Calm down mate.

Nobody is getting stoned to death in East London, at least not in the way you are going on about.

Khyber Pass country is none of our god darned business, has not been for quite some time.

I'm not being hyperbolic. I'm illustrating a point. Let me put it into more relative terms for you.

Let's say you are a die hard ManU fan and you invite me over to watch the game. I come into your house wearing my Liverpool jersy in support of my team. You are cool with this. But then I decide I don't like the fact you have ManU paraphernalia all over your house so I begin swapping out all of your team's colors with Liverpool's colors.

At this point I have overstepped the bounds of my right to express my support for my team and I have begun to indoctrinate you who is an unwilling participant in that action.

It's a simple example but it is effective and illustrates my point.

In a foreign land you can be supportive of your religion but you don't have the right to impress those religious doctrines on the people of that land.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

East London is unrecognizable from 20 years ago. Only one way to know that.

So you saying you're not man enough to go there? It's cool, not everyone has giant gonads like the rest of us.

Take a trip to Peshawar and stroll on into some of the neighboring communities and espouse your views. It should end well for you. Maybe you can convince them because you are so accepting of them then they, too, should be accepting of you. LOL.

Nice goal post shift there buckaroo, we're talking about you're made up no go zones in the UK, what does Pakistan or Afghanistan have to do with this?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Mate im an old Glasgow Rangers fan from the 90s.

I done the daft mad squad stupid I.C.F silly little boy stuff that quite a few of us did back in the day.

City to city, town to town, fight after fight, and the only people we ever fought with were others thus inclined.

Fact is it had nothing to do with football or religion.

This is the U.K we are idiots sometimes, but all the religious intolerant bull crap went the way of the dinosaurs quite some time ago.

Canny teach your granny how to suck an egg im afraid, there is no indoctrination or forced participation in any religious intolerant bullcrap, as we kind of got over that hurdle.

Quite an achievement for a nation that's been fighting a religious intolerant war amongst themselves for the past 500 odd years.
edit on 6-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I remember being told by someone on ats that I live in a no go zone lol.
Yeah it's rough up north but never had any troubles around here.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
if its so offensive to you then call for a petition or something similar to stop it
its not like calling for war, its just a call to Muslims to pray

It is much more than a call for muslims to pray.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Please explain...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Suppose that's true.

As their display was also about unity and a show of respect for fallen members of there religion in New Zealand also.

Aside from that, i canny see them doing anything wrong or inappropriate.

Its a public square and they are members of the public, like it or lump it.
edit on 6-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join