It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: matafuchs

You are doing it again, all big aggressive talk. You talk about typical Middle Eastern muslims as though there is no such thing as a typical Western white muslims. I didn't mention you hurting or killing people, but you mentioned your skin colour, your height and your weight as though that somehow puts a bubble over your head as a non-muslim. You talk about robes as though every muslim wears one and long beards as though no non-muslim has one.

I'm personally not aware of any section of the quran that states to kill non-followers of Islam purely for not following, but I am aware of ones that say to treat them with courtesy and in peace. I am also aware of the OT Christian/Jewish and Muslim God striking down non-believers and denying them access to paradise.

I never suggested Islam was a race, I'm perfectly aware it's a religion, the ideology is in the minds of some, just as it is in the minds of some Christians.

Paragraph 1 - Aggressive talk? You think I am being aggressive? Grow a set. I am defining what a norm is. A 'typical' Muslim in the Middle East does not wear board shorts and is clean shaven. Of course Western men can have long beards like ZZ Top. I described myself because no, I do not look a follower of Islam in a 'classic' sense. I look like a cop and that was expressed to me at the mosque in Tampa. There were very suspicious of me. Usually they will shave to 'fit in'. The beard is a 'nod' to the prophet and not a rule. It is a custom.

Paragraph 2 - Read up on Islam. Like I stated before there are contradictory verses. Kind of like comparing OT to NT in the bible.

Paragraph 3 - I was making a statement that Islam is not a race. It is not an ideology in the minds of some. It is an ideology. There is the Quran and Sharia. 2 separate things but both are needed for a true Islamic State.

You look like a cop if you go around wearing a police uniform. If you don't.... then you don't. Replying that you are questioning my saying you come on all aggressive by saying I should 'grow a set' - PMSL, oh aren't we tough.

To say this thread was started by one of your fellow travellers complaining about the call to prayer being made as part of a remembrance service for people killed purely because of their religion makes your posts - and the posts of many others on here - ironic in a terribly sad way.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Possibly.

I don't really know any homeless Americans all the same.

But i don't imagine their situation nor access to benefits or a social safety net is any better than it is over here.

Probably a lot worse really over there at least in some states given the level of poverty.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

'We all have our vices.
There are some things I do in moderation that help.

T&C prevent further discussion.'

a reply to: andy06shake

'Well, you have 10 years on me and can handle about 10 more Pints than i can.

Im smashed on ten beers........and a few chasers.

You must be doing something right.

I prefer a puff to a tipple these days, or a little bit of both. LoL'

guys, i like to think that in the not too distant future we could
converge and have a few scoops for the lolz! as always it's a
pleasure reading your posts and right now i'm in the middle, freeborn
is big bro and andy, you're young buck!

regards f.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sorry youre talking out of your arse. There's not a chance in hell that any school in Scotland is 50% Muslim.

Bull# of the highest order.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: oldcarpy

You realize your comment makes you a bigot, right?

Not really, no.

So you look like a cop? In a Village People sort of way, perhaps?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So now I am a small minded, gay bigot huh? Your comments are sooooo entertaining. Anything for those stars from your buds in here. I think you all would bend over for Islam before you fought it if it was actually at your doorstep. Your choice.

edit on Maram31amf0000002019-03-29T11:49:14-05:001114 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

To each their own I guess, no ones mind will change here sadly.

agreed, however tis a beautiful place to initiate a primer and let the convergence do it's thing in good time lol!

f.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1
Possible in a couple of state schools in Glasgow surely? The Muslim population is 1% in Scotland but if IIRC it's pretty much concentrated in a few estates in Glasgow but outside those not much/any chance.
edit on 29-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
dp
edit on 29-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Possible in a couple of state schools in Glasgow surely? The Muslim population is 1% in Scotland but if IIRC it's pretty much concentrated in a few estates in Glasgow but outside those not much/any chance.

I really doubt it and he's welcome to prove it.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Do you live in Glasgow?

Nope.

Have you ever attended Queenspark secondary?

Nope. Have a hard job it's not there any longer. LoL

Tell you what use Google and go have a gander at the likes of Shawlands Academy statistics, it picked up Queensparks numbers when it closed down in the 90s.

Think you might have your head firmly stuck up your own arse ya silly sausage.

Why would i lie?
edit on 29-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Do you live in Glasgow?

Nope.

Have you ever attended Queenspark secondary?

Nope. Have a hard job it's not there any longer. LoL

Tell you what use Google and go have a gander at the likes of Shawlands Academy statistics, it picked up Queensparks numbers when it closed down in the 90s.

Think you might have your head firmly lodged up your own arse ya silly sausage.

I'm Scottish you absolute bell end.

You're talking out of your arse. I'm from just down the Clyde. I've lived in Glasgow.

I'll say it again, you're full of #.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Wads of people are Scottish mate, it's not that big a claim ta fame. LoL

That does not mean you are living in Glasgow nor ken your arse from your elbow as to the history of the very secondary school i attended bawbag. x

Do your own homework ya Muppet.

Else crap or get off the pot. x

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Two that i know about anyway.

There is a vast number of Muslim people who hail from the fair Southside of our city.

Not sure as to the numbers regarding the other points of the compass, but there are indeed a right good few Muslim Glaswegians.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Ooft. You're not worth it. It's a common tactic in all of your posts on this forum. When you're proved wrong you just try to divert it.

Everyone you interact with latches on to the fact that you're just a waste of keystrokes on this board and probably anywhere else you frequent.

I'm Scottish born and bred by the way. Put that in your pipe and smoke it numb nuts. You're an embarrassment.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Nobody forcing you to participate in the debate.

I don't care if you are from the Moon ya trumpet.

But if you are going to question simple information presented in good faith that i know to be factual.

I'm apt to ponder why?

What's the deal, do Muslims attending our educational establishments in numbers similar to our own indigenous people, somehow offend your sensibilities, or do you just not believe that Muslims goto school???

Enquiring minds want to know? LoL

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I went to GCU 2012-2017. I'd say less than half the people there were Scottish
Scotland is the most multicultural society on Earth and has been for a long time, due to being at the end of Europe.
We were great inventors because of the different minds that congregated on Gods country.
Not been in Glasgow in a couple of weeks but I'm guessing it's still as multi cultured.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

All types in Glasgow mate, many different people from many a different culture share our streets.

So aye it's still as multicultural as ever, even more so.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Ooft. You're not worth it. It's a common tactic in all of your posts on this forum. When you're proved wrong you just try to divert it.

Everyone you interact with latches on to the fact that you're just a waste of keystrokes on this board and probably anywhere else you frequent.

I'm Scottish born and bred by the way. Put that in your pipe and smoke it numb nuts. You're an embarrassment.

Muslim population in Glasgow is heavily centered around a few areas and given the younger demographic of muslim population I would be surprised if several schools didn't have a high % of muslim pupils.

Secondly not sure why you think if it wasn't 50% (don't think Andy was suggesting he made an exact headcount) it would in anyway invalidate the point he was making?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune

A what came first chicken or the egg. So I will concede that Christianity had the foresight to adopt Greco-Roman culture along with the belief system.

Except they didn't, the Roman Empire merged proto-Christianity and Pagan beliefs into what we now see. Christianity in Europe was anything but democratic. The first true democracy on the scale of Greco-Roman ones was the United States and it wasn't based on Christian values.

You shall be awarded thousands of stars by those who would swear that defending .0000005% of an aggressive woman degrading culture is worth it. Good luck.

Nice bit of hyperbole, this isn't about 'defending' anything, it's about making sure people don't buy the argument you're trying to make which is that the Constitution is based on Christianity, it isn't. Once again, there is no mention of Christianity or its influence anywhere in the document.

edit on 29-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join