It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Jeez a discussion with you people is called the Mandelbrot discussion. You go round and round using smaller and smaller parts of the past. NOW IS NOW!!! History is an evolution where some progress and some do not. Good God.!!

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

You want to try making a comment that makes sense?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Homosexuality was illegal in Scotland right up until 1981. LoL

Must have been murder for the politicians, aristocrats and landed gentry.

Then again one rule for them and another for the rest.

Leaps and bounds though ScepticScot, we have somewhat grown up a little bit, or at least learned to live and let live without bumping our gums in fear at people we find different, well most of us have.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

300,000 homeless people.

Forced austerity all over the shop.

Foodbanks in operation all across the nation.

Division amongst the population right down the middle the likes of which we have not seen in quite some time.

Can you even remember a time we were not at war or involved in some police conflict somewhere across the globe?

If that's what you call progress, it only for a very select few, that's a given.

Do you know there is more slavery doing the rounds in today world then there was back when it was considered to be legal?
edit on 29-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This thread shows some just are either very misinformed or just plain ignorant. People who live in the UK have spoken about their personal experiences living along side Muslims but instead of learning something new they refuse to accept facts from people who live here.
Just showing their bigotry tbh goes to show they don't like their very constitution seeing it includes freedom of religion.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Do you know what a Mandelbrot equation is. It is a fractal that repeats itself infinitely. You keep repeating yourself using self deprecating historical points from history to justify your position. I am referring to the now not the past. Christianity has had the ability to evolve. Islam has not. Our Justice system is better. Oops wait I hear your response coming oooooo here it is but for blacks the justice system is and I will stop. There is no reasoning with you. You are an arguing person who takes the skeptic side with pride. Sorry you can't understand me. You think me small minded and I think you absent minded. Blow in a pop bottle empty. Nothing there.

What do you see in nature. Lions getting along with hyenas? We are animals too but of a higher order but animals that compete just the same. KEEP YOUR SNIDE LITTLE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF THAT I KNOW WILL BE SHOT AT ME. You better pick your side fence walker. You will be swallowed up in the fight for existence. These people, not all but most, are out to overrun our way of life. They think their purpose supersedes ours.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

Exactly, some are crying.."I'm not a racist" and that is true, they are bigots, not racists.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Small minded bigots, too.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh look another who needs a safe place. Don't worry there are men here who will protect you from the evil Muslims.
Are all Americans this afraid?.
edit on 29-3-2019 by MyToxicTash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Do you know what a Mandelbrot equation is. It is a fractal that repeats itself infinitely. You keep repeating yourself using self deprecating historical points from history to justify your position. I am referring to the now not the past. Christianity has had the ability to evolve. Islam has not. Our Justice system is better. Oops wait I hear your response coming oooooo here it is but for blacks the justice system is and I will stop. There is no reasoning with you. You are an arguing person who takes the skeptic side with pride. Sorry you can't understand me. You think me small minded and I think you absent minded. Blow in a pop bottle empty. Nothing there.

What do you see in nature. Lions getting along with hyenas? We are animals too but of a higher order but animals that compete just the same. KEEP YOUR SNIDE LITTLE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF THAT I KNOW WILL BE SHOT AT ME. You better pick your side fence walker. You will be swallowed up in the fight for existence. These people, not all but most, are out to overrun our way of life. They think their purpose supersedes ours.

Ok. Meds, seriously , take them.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

To each their own I guess, no ones mind will change here sadly.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

One can only try, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
In reply 300,000 homeless people and Democrats want us to allow our southern border to be bumrushed. Current president is stern and forceful about our best interests for the country. Food banks yes what would be your answer?

Division in our country is a narrative pushed by the left on its owned media, CNN,MS'___',ABC,CBS, NBC, and many print media like Huff Post and others.

I cannot but that is not a Christian thing. We have a Deep state that supports the left but also like the military industrial complex making money.

And for slavery yes it does exist. The most guilty perpetrators are Muslim countries. Before you attack with some snide ass comment do your research. President Thomas Jefferson wrote prolifically about Muslims and I suggest you read it.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Really? Smart ass!! Go cocoon yourself in your utopian BS world.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: matafuchs

You are doing it again, all big aggressive talk. You talk about typical Middle Eastern muslims as though there is no such thing as a typical Western white muslims. I didn't mention you hurting or killing people, but you mentioned your skin colour, your height and your weight as though that somehow puts a bubble over your head as a non-muslim. You talk about robes as though every muslim wears one and long beards as though no non-muslim has one.

I'm personally not aware of any section of the quran that states to kill non-followers of Islam purely for not following, but I am aware of ones that say to treat them with courtesy and in peace. I am also aware of the OT Christian/Jewish and Muslim God striking down non-believers and denying them access to paradise.

I never suggested Islam was a race, I'm perfectly aware it's a religion, the ideology is in the minds of some, just as it is in the minds of some Christians.

Paragraph 1 - Aggressive talk? You think I am being aggressive? Grow a set. I am defining what a norm is. A 'typical' Muslim in the Middle East does not wear board shorts and is clean shaven. Of course Western men can have long beards like ZZ Top. I described myself because no, I do not look a follower of Islam in a 'classic' sense. I look like a cop and that was expressed to me at the mosque in Tampa. There were very suspicious of me. Usually they will shave to 'fit in'. The beard is a 'nod' to the prophet and not a rule. It is a custom.

Paragraph 2 - Read up on Islam. Like I stated before there are contradictory verses. Kind of like comparing OT to NT in the bible.

Paragraph 3 - I was making a statement that Islam is not a race. It is not an ideology in the minds of some. It is an ideology. There is the Quran and Sharia. 2 separate things but both are needed for a true Islamic State.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You realize your comment makes you a bigot, right?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Imagine these guys walking around Bradford they would # themselves lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Really? Smart ass!! Go cocoon yourself in your utopian BS world.

Smart enough to understand that, when commenting on a thread about the UK and talking to UK members, maybe the US isn't the centre of the universe.

edit on 29-3-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

300,000 homeless in my nation mate(UK).

According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Annual Homeless Assessment Report, as of 2017 there were around 554,000 homeless people in the United States. That actually nowhere near as bad as the UK given the difference in population numbers.

As to the food bank situation, well end Austerity, and that issue will sort itself out in most first world nations.

Slavery we simply call it by another name in our own nations. Let's just say zero hour contracts and the fact that wages are in no way in line with inflation makes most of us indentured servants at best.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

300,000 homeless in my nation mate(UK).

According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Annual Homeless Assessment Report, as of 2017 there were around 554,000 homeless people in the United States. That actually nowhere near as bad as the UK given the difference in population numbers.

As to the food bank situation, well end Austerity, and that issue will sort itself out in most first world nations.

Slavery we simply call it by another name in our own nations. Let's just say zero hour contracts and the fact that wages are in no way in line with inflation makes most of us indentured servants at best.

Slightly off topic bit I think that's a definition issue.

It's comparing homelessness in UK ( no permanent address) to sleeping rough figures in US.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join