It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

Oh yeah and to all the leftist shills who will no doubt bombard this thread with remarks about Islamophobia, etc, please do me a favor and go visit most of the middle eastern cities where Islam is the predominate religion (specifically under Sharia Law) and play your call to prayer and let us know how it turns out for you.

I despise all religion equally, so much death in the name of some meaningless entity, but in your closing you state how Christian/Catholic/Non Islamic prayer could not be preached in other countries but we allow islam to preach in ours, is that not the right way, because others are less tolerant should we become less tolerant.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, 2 wrongs dont make a right, etc. You should be proud your country is not repressed rather than jealous of their inability to accept outsiders as that makes you no better than those you are calling out.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Vote for laws of separation of church and state.

Just look at how it has stopped many western nations from religion seeping into politics around the world. Neutral laws, that focus on the individuals freedoms like what we see in Canada, USA, Australia, Scandinavian nations, etc, etc. allow people to practice their own religions, but not allow them to get into politics.

But with the current rise of atheism in the UK, I can bet most second or third gen immigrants from Islamic nations it won't stand a chance. I went to school with a guy who was Muslim, and he would pray twice a day at school for a while, in our school chapel, (went to catholic highschool) eventually he just stopped, because he was the only person doing it, and his father stopped, for basically the same thing. It just looked awkward especially when you have such a diverse and multicultural nation like Canada.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How dare they peacefully assemble and pray together in response to the tragic loss of life in New Zealand.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Would never attempt to justify the excesses and invasive nature of political correctness and the arrest of Christian preachers.

They are nearly always on the main street in the town where I live on Saturday mornings/afternoons.
Ever presents in various places in Newcastle, Durham, etc.

Never, ever seen or heard of them being harassed, prevented from preaching or being arrested.

So just set back and let it become like most Islamic nations?

Not at all.
Where have I ever advocated anything remotely like that?

And if I ever thought that was becoming a reality I assure I'd be at the forefront of the fight against it.

But I do believe in religious freedom....don't you?

By the way....I don't have a horse in the my religions better than your religion argument; I'm Agnostic and personally think its all a crock....but each to their own.

edit on 25/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's all good if everyone is treated the same, unfortunately that is not the case.

"Nobody wants to listen to you" says the policeman.

Man arrested in Perth, Scotland for preaching.

Stop making yourself look a twat.

English Law & Scottish Law are two different things.

Scotland does not have the religious freedoms the same as England. However change may come.

A group of academics has called for religious freedom to be fully recognised in Scotland. A new paper on Religious Freedom in Scotland offers a legal contribution to the debate. It outlines the protections contained in international and European legal instruments and in national constitutions. The paper also makes a set of proposals for ensuring the protection of religious freedom in Scotland.

www.sconews.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: 1point92AU
if its so offensive to you then call for a petition or something similar to stop it
its not like calling for war, its just a call to Muslims to pray

How would it be accepted if it were a call to Christian prayer ? With that many Christians in a public square ?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Events planned this year for Trafalgar Square.

1. The Passion of Jesus. 19th April.
2. The Feast of St. George. 20th April.
3. Vaisakhi Festival. 27th April.
4. Pride in London Parade. 6th July.

www.londontown.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

First video is in England.
Now stop being a twat.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I know that you fool.

I was pointing out the one from Scotland which is totally irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Sheye

Events planned this year for Trafalgar Square.

1. The Passion of Jesus. 19th April.
2. The Feast of St. George. 20th April.
3. Vaisakhi Festival. 27th April.
4. Pride in London Parade. 6th July.

www.londontown.com...

Happy to read that info.. ty for posting it.

edit on 25-3-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I know that you fool.

I was pointing out the one from Scotland which is totally irrelevant.

No, it isn't.

The case of Smith v Donnelly [2001] SCCR 800 is the leading case on the definition of breach of the peace in Scotland. In particular, it was held that “what is required to constitute the crime is conduct severe enough to cause alarm to ordinary people and threaten serious disturbance to the community.” It also states that “something substantially greater than mere irritation is involved,” adding that “what is required…is conduct which does present as genuinely alarming and disturbing, in its context, to any reasonable person”.

Because of the limitations inherent in the common law crime of breach of
the peace a new statutory offence of Threatening or abusive behaviour was
enacted in the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010, Section
38. While it is hoped that no street preaching would objectively qualify as
either threatening or abusive, you should take particular care in discussion of sensitive subjects.

Prosecuting authorities now appear to favour the use of Section 38 to tackle
any sort of behaviour in the street which causes a disturbance. The boundaries are perhaps a bit clearer and it is easier for prosecutors to prove. Most behaviour which would qualify as breach of the peace would also fall within Section 38.
In terms of that section it is an offence if:
1. 'A' behaves in a threatening or abusive manner and
2. The behaviour would be likely to cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm and
3. 'A' intends to cause fear or alarm or is reckless as to whether the behaviour would cause fear or alarm.

Preaching the Gospel on a public street is perfectly fine in Scotland, fool.

www.eauk.org...
edit on 25/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Just from what I have heard or seen from different sites, with no go zones and such, it seems to be happening.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Vote for laws of separation of church and state.

Just look at how it has stopped many western nations from religion seeping into politics around the world. Neutral laws, that focus on the individuals freedoms like what we see in Canada, USA, Australia, Scandinavian nations, etc, etc. allow people to practice their own religions, but not allow them to get into politics.

But with the current rise of atheism in the UK, I can bet most second or third gen immigrants from Islamic nations it won't stand a chance. I went to school with a guy who was Muslim, and he would pray twice a day at school for a while, in our school chapel, (went to catholic highschool) eventually he just stopped, because he was the only person doing it, and his father stopped, for basically the same thing. It just looked awkward especially when you have such a diverse and multicultural nation like Canada.

Will they vote for those laws?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I (personally) wouldn't worry about it until they start cutting off bits and pieces of you and making Sharia mandatory.

got that covered, the sufi snatch squad quietly await inbound bozos. gotta dance!
f.

link   

Lets have one for all those who died in the Mali attack today shall we... so far 134 dead in a jihadi attack

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Who is 'they'?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I genuinely have no problems with what people want to believe in. But I honestly wish the word islamaphobia would stop being used and thrown around if your view does not conform to the other persons believes.

Not conforming with another person's opinion on their religion is not a fear of that religion and It certainly is not a phobia It is just a difference in opinion .this needs to stop.

This islamaphobia tag gets thrown around too often.

Religion is a personal opinion . You are free to believe in whatever you wish. I have personally witnessed someone being accused of a hate crime because they did not agree with sharia law being allowed to be practiced in certain communities of the UK. This person was spoken to by the police after a complaint was made and was reminded that It Could be viewed as a hate crime as it was deemed islamaphobia.

It genuinely needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Just from what I have heard or seen from different sites, with no go zones and such, it seems to be happening.

I've been around the block and seen and done a lot of things.
Travel the length and breadth of the UK on a regular basis, been to most major towns and cities.
Travelled all over Europe, including some obscure Eastern European places.

Its my experience that there's dodgy places everywhere and many major cities have places that could be called 'no-go areas'.

I'm certain there's areas in most major US cities where its advisable for white people not to enter.

I know a few friends who were on the subway in New York and they were approached by a black woman who kindly advised them in the strongest terms possible to get off at the next stop and go back the way they came as soon as possible otherwise they probably wouldn't be coming out alive.

Sensationalism?

I don't know but stories like that about life in many US towns and cities are pretty common place.

Following your logic that must mean that the whole of the USA is under threat of gang, gun, drug crime with no-go areas everywhere.

See how easy it is to exaggerate and misrepresent things.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is probably a nice gesture by the authorities to allow these Moslems foreigners to have their "Call to Prayer".

One of the issues I would see, as a native, is why is the Prayer conducted in a Foreign language?
It is in Britain, whose official language is English, why is the call to prayer not in English?
If it is done for the purpose of unity, and peace, why isnt it in English, so the majority of citizens could understand what is being sung?
Yes, traditionally, Christian sermons were in Latin, but for the most countries, it is conducted in the native tongue of the people.
Why should Islam be different? Why isnt Islam recited in English, in England?....From programs Ive seen, the preaching of Death to Infidels and non believers etc, seems to be uttered in English....but not their call to prayer....why not? Can every body that is a Moslem speak Arabic?
This call in the city, could have very well said, death to white fellas, and their beer is crap cause its warm....

Unfortunately, this is more an example of White guilt than anything......

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Trafalgar Square is a ""public"" square.

It's name commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar, nothing to do with Christianity nor religion in general.

We tolerate all religions.

After all we are a secular state.

Quite simple.

That does not mean that we are about to ban Christmas or Easter, it just means as long as everyone keeps the head, no harm, no foul.
edit on 25-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join