It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Freeborn

Just from what I have heard or seen from different sites, with no go zones and such, it seems to be happening.

Not really, like America and probably every country on this planet, there are some areas you would want to have your wits about you, but there are no no-go zones, nowhere that is a public place that your religion or lack of precludes you from entering. It's just statements made by certain far right groups that people too ignorant to actually question believe. And then said people call other people sheep.

So you find it completely acceptable that if a country becomes open for refugees, in order to help them, that those same refugees start telling the countries citizens that you are not allowed in the refugee community or you will die?

That is not how it should be.

I'm not sure who you thought you were replying to, but your comments make zero sense in relation to what I posted.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Irony abounds. Just curious, what happens if you are stopped by the police in london without documentation or a passport?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Nope, just reading your police department twitter accounts. Oh, are they lying? LOL.

No idea. Which ones?

Yes, that's the public facade.

If you say so.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Nothing, unless I suppose you might have committed a crime. I used to work in London and still go there quite often. I have never taken any ID - let alone a passport. What, in my own country? Only needed when travelling abroad.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

There is a difference between having a play and some Christmas carols once a year and having the call to prayer going out over a speaker system every day. If you cannot see the difference I don’t know what to say.

So you're saying this call to prayer happens everyday in Trafalgar Square?
I'm pretty sure it was just for the memorial service..right?

The "memorial service" was used as part of the ongoing assimilation and indoctrination of Islam into the British culture. It's amazing on a site like ATS how so many people cannot connect the dots.

Frankly it's amazing people like you really are so engrained with hate and a lack of understanding about the real world that's out here - take of the blinkers, throw off that coat of ignorance and try and let a little positivity into your life.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Nowt happens we do not have to have id on us at all times.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Just curious, have you ever been to London? Or visited Earth recently?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Just curious, what happens if you are stopped by the police in london without documentation or a passport?

OK then. Come on, what do you think happens?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Maybe some Muslims just want a place where they can practice a more liberal form of Islam without being treated like invaders or terrorists just because the country they left has become a symbol of violence and intolerance. I would think this is a good opportunity to appreciate the gentler side of the subject. Doesn't seem like it did any harm, let's not follow the extremist approach by punishing innocent civilians based on prejudice and anger like certain cultures do.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Just curious, what happens if you are stopped by the police in london without documentation or a passport?

The police in the UK can not just stop people for no reason.

A police officer has powers to stop and search you if they have ‘reasonable grounds’ to suspect you’re carrying:
•illegal drugs
•a weapon
•stolen property
•something which could be used to commit a crime, such as a crowbar

www.gov.uk...

There is no legal requirement to carry ID, at any time.

edit on 27/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

really ? You talking about UK ?

I find that...troubling I have to say. No legal requirement...huh. So if you were to be arrested, for any valid reason, the authorities then have no legal means of verifying your identity ? Unless you want to tell them...right ?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

They are not stupid they find out.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

so how does that work then ? Fingerprints ?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Does this also mean you have no legal obligation to carry a driver's licence with you while driving the car ? seems a natural extension of aforementioned.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Does this also mean you have no legal obligation to carry a driver's licence with you while driving the car ? seems a natural extension of aforementioned.

You are quite correct.

The UK is not a " Police State ". Yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

what ???

So, let me get this straight. You can drive a car without ever having to prove to anyone that you even took the drivers licence test ?

wow...I'm stumped.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

If you are stopped by the police for a motoring offence, you are given 7 days to go to your local police station to produce your documents.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

really ? You talking about UK ?

I find that...troubling I have to say. No legal requirement...huh. So if you were to be arrested, for any valid reason, the authorities then have no legal means of verifying your identity ? Unless you want to tell them...right ?

You find it troubling that people don't need to carry ID?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Not freedom if you have to carry id.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Freedom and security are illusory Dfairlite, that's just how it is no matter what our respective governments claim.

Those people were simply praying in a very public place in remembrance of fallen Men Woman and children.

There were causing no fuss, animosity, or any other disturbance.

And the only Muppets sensibilities they may have offended are borderline racist religious intolerant twats.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join