It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic call to prayer was recited in Trafalgar Square, Central London last night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How on Earth do the Brits tolerate this? I know the vast majority of Brits disapprove. To any patriots from Britain on here who do disapprove do you feel you can openly voice that disapproval without fear of repercussion from your own government or not?

Let the shill leftists now begin to lecture the rest of us about how cultural appropriation is a good thing.

Oh yeah and to all the leftist shills who will no doubt bombard this thread with remarks about Islamophobia, etc, please do me a favor and go visit most of the middle eastern cities where Islam is the predominate religion (specifically under Sharia Law) and play your call to prayer and let us know how it turns out for you.
edit on 25-3-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just marking my place here to see you torn to shreds.

Continue.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
But, but, it’s the religion of peace my teacher said!?! Muslims are the most tolerant amongst us no??

edit on 3 250425 1919 by WUNK22 because: (no reason given)

The British will call us soon to bail them out of the Muslim problem, right after we wake up to it!
edit on 3 250625 1919 by WUNK22 because: Content added

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU
if its so offensive to you then call for a petition or something similar to stop it
its not like calling for war, its just a call to Muslims to pray

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Nothing to see here.

Trafalgar Square is a public area. Christians hold Carol Services at Christmas time.

Christian theatre plays have also been held there.

Britain has freedom of religion. If some religious group want to use the square they are free to do so.

In 2010, the first The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square took place on Good Friday. Since then, the Wintershall Players, a troupe of about 100 keen amateurs, stage two open-air recreations of Jesus’ trial, death and resurrection in Trafalgar Square, under Nelson’s Column, on the Friday before Easter.

www.passionofjesus-trafalgar.co.uk...

Trafalgar Square is well known for its Christmas celebrations. It is the main attraction during this time of year, especially when the tree is decorated. It is under this gigantic tree where you will be able to listen to seasonal songs and join in with carol services. Each choir will perform in one hour slots where they will encourage crowds to join in with the festive cheer

www.christmasinlondon.net...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
But, but, it’s the religion of peace my teacher said!?! Muslims are the most tolerant amongst us no??

The British will call us soon to bail them out of the Muslim problem, right after we wake up to it!

what is so no peace about calling for Muslims to pray, do you even know what a call for pray in Islam means?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Christian call to prayer is church bells.

Muslims do that voice thing and blow a horn or something.

I (personally) wouldn't worry about it until they start cutting off bits and pieces of you and making Sharia mandatory.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

There is nothing the Brits can do about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22 I think there is more to this than just a call to prayer, There is some special meaning when that call is made in a land not before being muslim.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Not a fan of Islam. (Possibly an under-statement).

Supportive of freedom of faith.
Big fan of freedom of speech etc.

Trafalgar Square is a public place.

As long as nothing extremist was preached, circulated etc and no UK Laws were broken then where's the problem?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Nothing to see here.

Trafalgar Square is a public area. Christians hold Carol Services at Christmas time.

Britain has freedom of religion. If some religious group want to use the square they are free to do so.

In 2010, the first The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square took place on Good Friday. Since then, the Wintershall Players, a troupe of about 100 keen amateurs, stage two open-air recreations of Jesus’ trial, death and resurrection in Trafalgar Square, under Nelson’s Column, on the Friday before Easter.

Trafalgar Square is well known for its Christmas celebrations. It is the main attraction during this time of year, especially when the tree is decorated. It is under this gigantic tree where you will be able to listen to seasonal songs and join in with carol services. Each choir will perform in one hour slots where they will encourage crowds to join in with the festive cheer

LOL...typical leftist response. Are you missing the connection of the dots? London is not a predominately Muslim city nor is the primary religion Islam.

Like I said in my closing...please take a trip to many of the thousands of cities throughout the middle east and play a Christian call to prayer and report back on how well that went for you. Quite a few come to mind where I know you will depart with your head yet the leftist cultural appropriation police here seem to think mixing oil and water in a predominately Christian country are a good thing.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The call to prayer was recited at Trafalgar Square, Central London today during a peace vigil for the #Christchurch terror attack victims.
twitter.com...

Nuff said.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: alldaylong

Nothing to see here.

LOL...typical leftist response. Are you missing the connection of the dots? London is not a predominately Muslim city nor is the primary religion Islam.

Like I said in my closing...please take a trip to many of the thousands of cities throughout the middle east and play a Christian call to prayer and report back on how well that went for you. Quite a few come to mind where I know you will depart with your head yet the leftist cultural appropriation police here seem to think mixing oil and water in a predominately Christian country are a good thing.

Typical ignorant response. Or more a daft twat i would think.

Freedom of religion. Just like you have in The U.S.

Or do you clamp down on where people can worship? You know, all those freedoms your Americans keep rattling on about.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Not a fan of religious freedom then?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Actually there are plenty of celebrations of many religions held in Trafalger Sq - really is nothing to see here stop looking for stuff that isnt in my country.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's all good if everyone is treated the same, unfortunately that is not the case.

"Nobody wants to listen to you" says the policeman.

Man arrested in Perth, Scotland for preaching.
edit on 25/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Two wrongs and all that mate.

Do we really want to replicate the bigotry and hatred practiced in many/most Islamic nations?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

OK, so you're comparing places that have Islam intertwined with their politics to a nation that accepts ALL religions and doesn't intertwine religion into it's constitution, well it does, but it's a joke now days.

Did anything bad happen there while this was happening?

Trafalgar square has always been a public place, I can't even imagine the amount of crazies that have yelled or screamed at people protesting this and that, this seemed rather peaceful, and from the context I have found so far, it was a vigil type thing.

Last time I was there, a group of PETA thugs were all holding hands and swirling around in circles around a caged animal, cops came and took them away by time I got out of a pub just outside the square. What's worse is that I spent like 9 quid on a pint of beer!

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: UKTruth

Two wrongs and all that mate.

Do we really want to replicate the bigotry and hatred practiced in many/most Islamic nations?

No, we want people to be treated equally.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So just set back and let it become like most Islamic nations?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join